• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFOs with a less fattening centre

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
A number of UFOs have shown up that seem to have a hole in the middle and can do something with the "front" and "rear" of the disc. See the piccies here:

www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view ... cleID=8755

and an update with another one:

www.ufodigest.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14#14

Now my initial thought is that it is awfully odd that they seem to have all been pictured in the plan view (almost like it was a picture of a sphere) and that the scale isn't clear- are these massively blown up images from a speck in the corner of a much larger image?

I'd certianly be interested to know/see more but why do I get the suspicion it is something far simpler? But what I don't know.

These 'objects' were filmed on a number of occasions from the Space Shuttle. It turns out to be an artefact of the camera; the lens system and various mechanisms inside the camera made these notches and holes in the image off out of focus ice particles.

Basically they are orbs, but with added apparent details due to the camera used.
Jim Oberg explained them years ago;

http://www.100megsfree4.com/farshores/nasatape.htm
"If you look at enough video, you see this as a standard out-of-focus effect,'' he said. "This particular camera system isn't designed for low light levels ...

in addition to recording all the debris floating around, we see all these discs out there, too. Big circles with dots in the middle and all of them notched at about 7 o'clock. These notched discs are a feature of the camera.''

Alrighty - now we are on to something.

So would this be an artefact of these cameras too? In which case we could potentially replicate the effect in a more controlled environment.

Perhaps someone should write to Oberg and ask him if the effect is replicable. He used to be on-line a lot, but seems to have gone quiet recently.

Worth a go!!

--------
I just noticed the odd resemblance with the latest FT subs ad:

banner(4).gif

eburacum said:
These 'objects' were filmed on a number of occasions from the Space Shuttle. It turns out to be an artefact of the camera; the lens system and various mechanisms inside the camera made these notches and holes in the image off out of focus ice particles.

Basically they are orbs, but with added apparent details due to the camera used.
Jim Oberg explained them years ago;

http://www.100megsfree4.com/farshores/nasatape.htm
"If you look at enough video, you see this as a standard out-of-focus effect,'' he said. "This particular camera system isn't designed for low light levels ...

in addition to recording all the debris floating around, we see all these discs out there, too. Big circles with dots in the middle and all of them notched at about 7 o'clock. These notched discs are a feature of the camera.''

oh really? how come on that smoking gun footage these apparently out of focus ice crystals clearly go behind the tether?

also a more general question: why is all shuttle footage so bloody crap, blurry and out of focus? i mean, if they can spend billions bunging a shuttle up there, you'd have thought they could do better than using one of those disposable party cameras or some second-hand brownie from the 1950s. it's shocking. i'd lend them one of mine if they asked me nicely.

The role of the shuttle is not some sort of sightseeing vehicle used solely to take pretty pictures ;)

oh really? how come on that smoking gun footage these apparently out of focus ice crystals clearly go behind the tether?
The expanation is apparently that the tether is also out of focus, and when two out-of-focus images cross each other like this it creates an illusion that the crystals are behind the tether. More 'standard out-of-focus effects, as Oberg put it.

I think they are using better cameras now, so these artifacts will hopefully disappear.

Jerry_B said:
The role of the shuttle is not some sort of sightseeing vehicle used solely to take pretty pictures ;)

it's not? well what a waste of money!

eburacum said:
The expanation is apparently that the tether is also out of focus, and when two out-of-focus images cross each other like this it creates an illusion that the crystals are behind the tether. More 'standard out-of-focus effects, as Oberg put it.

I think they are using better cameras now, so these artifacts will hopefully disappear.

hmm, not convinced. for out of focuss objects, the cut out bit seems remarkable clear and consistent.

mind you, i'm neither convinced that these things are indeed ufos.

no doubt its all due to sleep paralysis... :roll:

J_Frank_Parnell said:
and if it was better quality, no doubt you'd be suspicious of that, eh? ;)

I'm on the horns of a dilemma!

Back