• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UK Ghost Excursions Map

I did a quick search and found some interesting stories. I've sent them an email, but given my dismal success rate with pubs I don't expect a reply TBH.
I'll get over there and give them a prod.

I did a quick search and found some interesting stories. I've sent them an email, but given my dismal success rate with pubs I don't expect a reply TBH.
We are there now and the owner is enthusiastic.

The barman told me that when he puts glasses on that shelf (pointing) and turns his back they smash on the floor!

The beer's nice too.

There is one important criteria for including a haunting in the map, and it relates to localisation.

It's arbitrary but I'll only be happy putting something on a map if I can pin it down to within a few hundred feet. This is because I want users to have a chance of seeing something when they explore. So, small parks or short roads are OK but I've had to veto some promising cases. Eg there's a case of a Viking girl who used to terrorise truckers as they drove along a road in the north of England. Great! I thought.
But then I checked and the road stretches a fair width of the north of England and there was nothing to say exactly where it took place.

Typing that, I remembered another criteria: I'm not really interested in one-offs as they could be anything. But if a location has more than one sighting, even if they are all one-offs, then I'd probably put it on. That could mean that the location has some affliction with ghosts even if they're all different. With a one-off sceptics could say that it was a passing mental aberration.

And BTW, I've come across a few hoaxes in my research too. Usually previous pub landlords who have concocted a story to enhance trade.

Back