• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ukrainian Security Forces Fake Assassination Of Putin Critic

Krepostnoi

Increasingly disenchanted
This story is currently unfolding, and I confess I simply don't know what to make of it. Reports initially suggested that journalist Arkady Babchenko, a vocal critic of Vladimir Putin, had been assassinated. Now, it seems that the whole thing was a staged spectacle - a false flag, if you will - to try and implicate one or more individuals who had apparently been hired to actually kill the guy. Even his wife thought the murder had really happened. I know many of you have suspicions about Twitter as a news source, but for a breaking story like this, sifting through the news feed is about all you can do in order to get a sense of what is going on.
Kyiv Post
Maxim Eristavi
Alec Luhn
Christopher Miller
Natalia Antelava
and whoever else is your particular go-to for Ukrainian news.

I'm not sure how faking his death would expose the real bad guys.
It's all very troubling.

Putin and co. are going to us this as more evidence that the Skripal poisoning was faked by British Intelligence to discredit Russia. If the Ukrainians can do it, so can the Brits, they'll be claiming.

This is apparently the video of the arrest of the suspected assassin.

I consider this to be faked fake news.

Thank goodness we've now been told the truth, everything from here onwards will be trustworthy and accurate. Except for any fake news.

Back