• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UL: Sean Connery Rebuffs Steve Jobs

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
(Spun off from the James Bond thread)

Not ... warm and fuzzy, from the desk of Sean Connery...

seanconnery.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This comes up now and then. I can't remember if it's real or not but in terms of foresight on Connery's part, nul points. :chuckle:
But he had the complete satisfaction of telling Steve Jobs to get lost. Priceless.

He'd never shell hish shoul for crass commershialsish,
Connery also did adverts for the Scottish Tourist Board, presumably gratis.

However, as he wasn't available for the one where he hits a golf ball over an arch in Edinburgh his brother did it.
No camera tricks, a genuine shot!
Can't find it online but I've seen it and you wouldn't know.

This comes up now and then. I can't remember if it's real or not ...
No, it's not real. It's a repeatedly-surfacing piece of 2011 satire.
Did Sean Connery Send a Letter to Apple Rejecting a Pitchman Offer?

Claim: A letter from actor Sean Connery rejects an offer for him to become a pitchman for Apple Computers.

Rating: False

Origin:
An image of a purported 1998 letter from actor Sean Connery (famous for his portrayal of agent James Bond) to Apple CEO Steve Jobs, caustically rebuffing an offer to become a pitchman for Apple Computers, hit the Internet in June 2011. ...

Despite the letter’s seeming verisimilitude, it was merely a bit of humor created as an accompaniment to an article published on the satirical site Scoopertino, which spoofs on all things Apple under the motto “All the News That’s Fit to Fabricate”.

Scoopertino’s 19 June 2011 article entitled “EXPOSED: The iMac disaster that almost was” purported to offer a (fictional) episode from Apple’s history, taken from the (equally fictional) book iMaculate Conception: How Apple’s iMac Was Born, in which Apple CEO Steve Jobs supposedly sought to boost flagging holiday sales by soliciting actor Sean Connery to lend his name and visage to a 1998 Apple Christmas ad campaign ...
FULL STORY:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/false-sean-connery-letter-to-apple/

ORIGINAL SCOOPERTINO GAG ARTICLE:
https://scoopertino.com/exposed-the-imac-disaster-that-almost-was/

Back