• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UnCon 2004 FTMB flag

Which design do you prefer?

• 1. NESW - with the letters clockwise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. NSWE - FT and MB as a cross

• 3. NWSE - letters anti-clockwise

• 4. NWES - letters in a kind of S

• Total voters

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
melf has been working on an idea for a flag so we can all meet up somewhere and I've been giving him feedback - so I've tweaked the design he sent me (its the first one) and, as requested, I'm posting them here for further ideas and input. So clockwise from top left:

1. NESW - with the letters clockwise

2. NSWE - FT and MB as a cross

3. NWSE - letters anti-clockwise

4. NWES - letters in a kind of S

Which one do you prefer?

Although it was a last minute thought I quite like the second one (NSWE).

Any ideas, input are gratefully received by melf I'm sure ;)

...black background, letters in a kinda runic lightning flash.....

ok, maybe not :)

i thought of using runes, but realised it was to much hassel

ps. could people mention which design they like. ta

Can't we have some sort of heradic beast on it (eg dragon, snake, griffen lion, bigfoot or bagpuss? ) or is that asking too much? :)

EDIT: design 2 is the best arangement of letters.

Lord_Flashheart said:
Can't we have some sort of heradic beast on it (eg dragon, snake, griffen lion, bigfoot or bagpuss? ) or is that asking too much? :)

:laughing:

oll this isnt hogwarts you know :D

Alexius said:
...black background, letters in a kinda runic lightning flash.....

ok, maybe not :)

I like your thinking but I think we might aim to tone down the Third Reich feel a tad in the final version ;)

Classy :)

Actually, I quite fancy you now, Emps. You wanna come back to my place?

how big is the flag likely to be by the way? is it just going to be a little thing on a cocktail stick stuck in a cork or will it be screen printed then used as a cape?

[grumble] not a proper flag unless it has a dragon on it[/grumble]

possibly a opened up pillow case or a single bed sheet

i havent decided yet

Hmmm....since there will be board members representing at least three continents (any word on any FTMBers attending UnCon from Asia or Africa?) maybe something could be incorporated involving a take-off on this:

The colours of the Olympic rings represent the union of the 5 continents: Australia, Africa, America, Asia and Europe. The five colours of the rings from left to right are: blue, black and red across the top with yellow and green along the bottom.

Each colour represents a continent :

Blue=Europe

Yellow=Asia

Black=Africa

Green=Australia

Red=America

melf, Emps, you had to know that these things work best when done by fiat: "This is what it is, it's my freaking labor, take it or leave it." Inviting discussion, much less voting, is madness. :D

PS-They're all very nice.

lopaka said:
melf, Emps, you had to know that these things work best when done by fiat: "This is what it is, it's my freaking labor, take it or leave it." Inviting discussion, much less voting, is madness. :D

In my defence - it was melf's idea :p

Emperor said:
In my defence - it was melf's idea :p

*a lawyer responds:-*

my client, a one melf, claims in his defence that he. was ipso-facto under the influence of two, i repeat two, leagally available drugs namely the following:-

1) caffine
2) nicotine

and that is all im going to say for the moment. thank you

I prefer
FT
MB

All the circular options are incredibly confusing!

A pity the dot in the middle couldn't look like an "OR" then the cross would be made out of the words "Fort Mob"!

Just to fool you all, I will not be wearing my Gort costume as seen in my avatar. Brace yourselves, ladies, and remember to bring smelling salts!

Sadly, I will not be there.

But surely if you all wear tin foil hats you will find each other very easily and protect yourself from evil ufo rays into the bargain. ;)

Keyser Soze said:
Sadly, I will not be there.

But surely if you all wear tin foil hats you will find each other very easily and protect yourself from evil ufo rays into the bargain. ;)

Nah. I was thinking that unless the Friends Meeting House has enacted a 'Burberry ban', it should be very easy for the messageboard members to find one another. ;)

Though if I'm there, I should be easy to spot: grossly overweight, backwards baseball cap, belt-buckle the size of a dinner plate, bellowing for Budweiser, etc., etc.... :eek:

Brace yourselves, ladies, and remember to bring smelling salts!
I notice you didn't tell them exactly why they'd be passing out tho... wise move ;)

I've had a gander at the draft flags and must say I'm not too keen on the circle in the middle.

Still umming and ahhing over whether to get myself a ticket. Are there any left?

Volunteerism in America

I'll make stick on badges of avatars, for anyone who wants them. I'll need a jpeg or something of your avatar, and your screen name, and real name if you want it on the badge. The size is about 2 1/2" by 3" I think. I have the sheets of sticky badges.

Anyone interested?

I like option three, mainly because the arrangement of the letters suggests "FeMBoT" to me, like the ones in Austen Powers. Although I don't really think that we should all turn up in fluffy pink negligees and high heeled mules, the images it conjures up are quite amusing. And in some cases disturbing.;)

The flag is good, but I have issues with the red on it. It's very harsh, maybe we should go for something a bit softer. I don't know, how about purple? And maybe a little bit of glitter to liven it up?:D

Do I get extra points for predictability?:cool:

Re: Volunteerism in America

Fallen Angel said:
I'll make stick on badges of avatars, for anyone who wants them. I'll need a jpeg or something of your avatar, and your screen name, and real name if you want it on the badge. The size is about 2 1/2" by 3" I think. I have the sheets of sticky badges.

Anyone interested?
It's a good idea, though it means everyone will have to know what you look like in order to pick up their badges :confused:

I was actually thinking of leaving a basket with the badges in it on the table next to the FTMB flag.

The flag will be on a table, yes?

Besides, I look like this:

Hubba!

Ahem ... I should like a stick-on badge as long as it doesn't clash with my pink negligee.

Since both Cider and Silbury Moon have both met me, I shall leave it to their imagination to keep them awake at nights with that terrible image...

Why d'you think I suggested smelling salts?

Mwah, hah, hah, hah!
:monster:

Look for someone who looks like my avatar, except with a hat.

If it isn't me, it's probably my doppelganger.

I can see one problem with a badge with my avatar on ... deciding which one to use ;)

incidentally, there needs to be more badgers on the flag:D

I thought you wanted us to wear our badges so you could avoid us...

Just a quick follow up, to those I have actually met, if I don't recognise you, it isn't a snub, it's just my appalling memory, particularly for faces.

Anome, if you don't remember me I shall sick Mrs. Owsley on you! And her little Allyssa too! They have claws, I'm warning you!

Back