• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Uncon 2004 quick summary thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSnowman

Abominable Snowman
Not wanting to go through zillions of posts in the other thread, has a date been confirmed for this year? I quite fancy going to the Uncon :)

yes it has halloween weekend.
No details on who's going to be talking yet... I hope they manage to get lional fanthorpe doing a talk though.

Still no details on the theme of the main debate this year (crypto last year, ufology the year before that) but given the current popularity of most haunted and all things ghostly it would be fantastic if they take the opertunity to have a debate on medums or the nature of ghosts in general (do they exist, if so what might be going on, that sort of thing). If lional fanthorpes there as well he would make and ideal speaker for that too, having preformed a few exorcisams and worked with people who claim to be phycic.

Oh yes! Fanthorpe is amazing! I used to love that programme he had on channel 4. Hey, what's the chance that they get Acorah along to dazzle us with his undead communication skills?

Right.. that's a date for the calendar.. thanks :)

Mr Snowman said:
what's the chance that they get Acorah along to dazzle us with his undead communication skills?
No chance, Halloween is one of the set days for Most Haunted Live.

Red_Dalek said:
No chance, Halloween is one of the set days for Most Haunted Live.

I'm sure that they could find a way to combine the Uncon with Most Haunted.. that would be perfect! Although, I wouldn't want Acorah running up to me and doing his dervish dance whilst spitting profanity. No sir.

Acorah running up to me and doing his dervish dance whilst spitting profanity
That's the best bit! ;)

I need a name Sam.. thank you Sam, bless you.. Mr Snowman!!!

the most haunted lot would probably send us that crappy medium that was in the jamaca inn episode and the I'm famous and frightened program.

"go to the light dearie... whats that ? oh, Henery the 8th's here hes not happy with the current state of the country."

:hmph:

I think if the most haunted fans heard of one of their mediums being at the uncon then it would be very hard for us lot to get hold of tickets :(

Groovy, perhaps I'll be able to come to the Unconvention this year!

I've tried watching Most Haunted before but I never really got into it...

Unconvention 2004

Red Dalek should appreciate that the Unconvention 2003 had two Dr Who stalls. Hopefully there will be more at the 2004.

Being one of the finest minds in the Universe, I instantly saw the consequence of holding the Unconvention in a Quaker hall. I have nothing against Quakers, BUT they will not let me smoke my pipe or have a small glass of wine in the hall.

Might I therefore suggest that the Unconvention be held in the local tavern, because that is where everybody will be anyway.

We all retired to the local tavern after the Commonwealth Institute in 2003, a) because it was closed after the last session b) you'd have gone bankrupt before you got happy at the refreshment prices in the CI.

As much as I would love to go to one of these, I would rather people remember me for some of the things that I say on this forum before I get remembered for being that "guy that turned up to unconvention"

Should I go?

I'm considering going, will have to sell more tat on ebay first though. Especially as drinks are so dear. ;)

piggarro99 said:
As much as I would love to go to one of these, I would rather people remember me for some of the things that I say on this forum before I get remembered for being that "guy that turned up to unconvention"

Should I go?

You have plenty of time before then to post loads of bollocks in Chat and get well known, go for it!

Marion said:
You have plenty of time before then to post loads of bollocks in Chat and get well known, go for it!

With my bollocks in mind, I will achieve my goals.

want to go to uncon...don't know if I can afford the tickets and acomidation.

I've got some friends in Cambridge but I don't fancy an hour traveling each day just to get to Kings Cross : Still needs must...

seeing as how it's on my dad's birthday, I might end up having to buy the tickets this time :(

But will you publicly admit to knowing us lot this year?:D

Even I might make it this year, I'm still waiting to know if I've got the time off work

expect to see me cowering in a corner or something:)

I've never been and wanna go - but my little sisters getting married in Las Vegas in one of those tacky shiney silver suit weddings right in the middle of October. Could be a clash/lack of cash situation.

I wanna go to meet you lot and have 'few' drinks with you 'cos I love you all (in a platonic non-threatening and non-possessive way, of course)!

;)

ah, but who am I going to go with, where am I going to stay, how am I going to get there?!?!?

Well, once you get here you can stay in the Fortean Dorm that Flash is sorting (All Hail Flash!). It's about as cheap as you're going to get in London and we are (mostly) nice and not scarily wierd. :)

Maybe you could get a budget flight over to Stanstead and then the train to Euston. I'm a bit vague on the details!:D

the hostel is within walking distance of the place where the convention is being held I'm told, so you'd save on your transport costs too, Lob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back