• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UnCon 2004 reviews/discussion

well guys

i noticed that bullseye looked like dr ray winston, and ij (when smoking his pipe) looked like a young graham chapman

and a big HI! to owen. he came over to a group of us while in the mable and had a good natter :yeay:

be warned! i have photos of the outside of the john russel :devil:

and also a big thanks to soong and mrs soong for the very relaxing 3 days at their hotel

be back later

Fallen Angel said:
lopaka, why do you think the Flintstones' theme song refers to them as "a modern stone-age family"? They were transported through time, and the names "Betty and Barney" were a hint, a clue, for those in the know.

Sorry for being a pedant but surely B&B were the Rubbles?

Coat? Why thank you!

Fallen Angel said:
That dress was killer. And much as I love you I hate you for being slim enough to carry off that dress and the stripey tights.

:blush:

It is a killer dress isn't it :)

Silver Girl said:
Hello everyone.
I'm too shy and lurky to have *actually* interacted with any of you but if you saw a small girl with a ridicuously impractical pink coat, it was me.
Fun, wasn't it? Like most others, I think me and him Indoors want to take gail-nina home with us. Did anyone see lloyd pye lurking afterwards? I wanted to ask him about molecular biology (as I have a feeling I might know more about it than he does...hmmm)
Anyhow, facilities were splendid if a little warm, but can we have a lunchhour back next year please? ta.

I can remember a pink coat...

Dosn't everyone know more about moleculer bioligy (and indeed the proce of fish) than Mr. Pye? :D

Hugo Cornwall said:
Sorry for being a pedant but surely B&B were the Rubbles?

Coat? Why thank you!

You're forgiven. Betty & Barney were indeed surnamed "Rubble" The song was about Fred & family as misdirection. Don't you know anything about conspiracy?!

Ah, that was in a different life, M'lady :D

I always ponder the significance of both the Flintsone and the Rubbles have the same furniture and the fact that they seemed to have at least six sofas in their lounge, which was longer than most bowling alleys and of a dimension that wouldn't fit inside the exterior...

And how, when running through the house, they'd encounter the same rooms and furniture over and over.

escargot said:
Mmm, Baby! :D

Well one person wanting to see the pic of me with my 3rd leg in clear veiw is good enougth for me, I guess...

Alright ladys here it is... best not to open this at work though, eh ;)

fLeebLe said:
is that bonnie langford as the doctors assistant on one side of that picture?

Yep thats me alright ;)

[edit: I'm unsure how I managed to survive the weekend without being punched by Cider - I'm unsure I'm going to escape the next one unscathed ;) ]

Emperor said:
Yep thats me alright ;)

[edit: I'm unsure how I managed to survive the weekend without being punched by Cider - I'm unsure I'm going to escape the next one unscathed ;) ]

I'm unsure how EVERYONE managed to avoid getting punched by Cider !;)

You're all gits. I had to contend with attempted murder, you lot being rude about my scarf and my subtle new hair colour, and yet I was patience personified.

Next year I shall have worked out how to turn you all into butter and then you'll be sorry.:devil: I have a list........

You been watching Last Tango In Paris again? :eek!!!!:

I have no idea what you could be talking about Escargot. I never watch rude fillums. I may be corrupted.

Although that's an idea for what to do with the boys when I have zapped them with the blue floaty balls. I wonder if Ann Summers would be interested in Fortean Butter?

And isn't it a little early for this type of conversation?:p

Cider was punching? Thats ok then, I heard it was more slapping.

:eek!!!!:

:D

And you can shut up, smarty pants. You didn't even make the effort to get to Uncon!:blah:

There was no punching or slapping or anything. If there was any untoward behaviour I think that you'll find that it was Tyger.:cool:

Lord_Flashheart said:
Well one person wanting to see the pic of me with my 3rd leg in clear veiw is good enougth for me, I guess...

Alright ladys here it is... best not to open this at work though, eh ;)
:laughing: Its Jake the Peg!

Classic!:D

The Virgin Queen said:
I can remember a pink coat...

Dosn't everyone know more about moleculer bioligy (and indeed the proce of fish) than Mr. Pye? :D

Might well have been me then. I realised about half way through Saturday that I didn't know what anyone looked like, so introducing myself was out of the question without looking a bit foolish...
I like Mr. Pye in a weird sort of way. I think it's sweet, the way he's so evangelical about it. But then I have a soft spot for David Farrant as well (even if he doesn't ever wash his net curtains.)

Cider said:
And you can shut up, smarty pants. You didn't even make the effort to get to Uncon!:blah:

There was no punching or slapping or anything. If there was any untoward behaviour I think that you'll find that it was Tyger.:cool:

Or someone posing as Tyger?!...

Perhaps.

Cider said:

I take it we're not going to discuss lap-sitting and taking advantage of drunken young men, then?

Fallen Angel said:
I take it we're not going to discuss lap-sitting and taking advantage of drunken young men, then?
I should have the pictures by Friday :p

Good thing I am no longer drinking OR young! My trip to the UK had enough first-time-in-a-lifetime experiences as is. :D ;)

Cider said:
You're all gits. I had to contend with attempted murder, you lot being rude about my scarf and my subtle new hair colour, and yet I was patience personified.

Next year I shall have worked out how to turn you all into butter and then you'll be sorry.:devil: I have a list........

Firstly, I'd never be rude about your new hair colour or your scarf.

Secondly, I was entirely convincing when I backed up your claim to be your alter ego.

So it's a bit unfair if you have a go at me!

:sob:

Look you lot. If I wanted to be a disgustingly, ill behaved trollop who gets drunk and slaps people I certainly....

...oh hang on.

OK, this time it wasn't me. Honest! :D

Uncanny! Interchangable personalities! This has got to be worth an article in the Fortean Times!

Anyone know what the actual name of "The Arsehole Trilogy" is that Ken Campbell was talking about? Did anyone buy them or have they read them?

Back