• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UnCon 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord_Flashheart said:
Melf had the right idea at the end of the last uncon by sugesting we get a little flag to put on the table.

Not too little, once the crowd around the table is four or five people deep no one will be able to see the flag. (I'm being very optimistic about how many MBers will be there, because I want to meet you all.)

Actually, if I can figure something out, the costume idea is sounding more and more practical, lol. We'd certainly not miss one another.

Beak and some other people had badges of their avatars at the last Uncon.

And on the Saturday, there was a bit of standing on a chair at the end of the last session of the day and waving....

You could try looking for people wearing black...;)

Fallen Angel said:
Actually, if I can figure something out, the costume idea is sounding more and more practical, lol. We'd certainly not miss one another.
*sure I mentioned cold showers*

Well I'm certainly not dressing as a peach faced bleedin' lovebird, don't care how cute it is. There's no need to go to extremes, all we need is someone who works in central London to check out the venue, and suggest a suitable rallying point.

Timble said:
Beak and some other people had badges of their avatars at the last Uncon.

Badges! Badges?! We doan need no stinkin' badges!

I admit I like that better than freezing my tushie off in a leotard.

Beak darling, you're far too practical for us riff-raff. We don't want solutions, we want to build castles in the air!

I'd forgotten about the badges. Though as I remember I was the only one :rolleyes:

beakboo said:
I'd forgotten about the badges. Though as I remember I was the only one :rolleyes:

No I had an evil clown sticker on my jacket, but I believe you may have seered that from you memory :D

Hmm... I think I'll have my current one round my neck so that those who wish to say "hi" can, and those who wish to avoid me can

Well I'm a kind of fat bloke with short dark hair with bits of grey on the sides. Scruffy as all get out. Typical Celtic Saxon mix.

And I'll wear a badge with my name on it just for good measure.:)

melf said:
youll know its me fa even with out the pionty hat
This is true. I was able to pick him out when we bumped into eachother in the stairwell at Cardiff.

I'll be the one with red hair and beard in a black fedora.

bout the flag, ill get round to making one, so leave that to me

for some reason i gathered it was you anome, but i didnt say nothing. doh!

Likewise. I had a sneaking suspicion, but not enough to call you brother.

Besides, it's always embarrassing when you get that bit wrong.

Do you think it will be smoky? I can't remember from the last one and I don't know anything about the new venue. I'd really like to come, but we still haven't decided about bringing Izzie and I really don't want to be away for a whole day without her. Not just for possessiveness reasons, other breastfeeding mums will understand!

I don't recall it being smokey last year, but I have no idea if it's a non smoking venue or what this year.

On an unrelated and self obsessed note, I dreamt of Uncon last night. Tyger and I were the only ones to go to one of the first lectures and we got in a big bath (fully clothed) with Bob Rickard. And then my dogs got in too. I'm really hoping that this isn't a premonition.

I nearly forgot my original reason for posting.:rolleyes: Flash, put me down as a definite for Saturday and Sunday nights at the Generator. The Friday night is looking hopeful, but I won't know for definite until nearer the time. I have to be very nice to one of my colleagues so they'll swap a shift with me and I'm not sure that I can keep it up for two months!:D

Fallen Angel said:
Badges! Badges?! We doan need no stinkin' badges!

Badgers! Badgers! Badgers! Badgers! Badgers! Badgers! Badgers! Badgers! Badgers! Badgers! Badgers! Badgers!
Mushrooms Mushrooms!!!!

ummmmm . . . where was I? :rolleyes:

failing the fluffy westie idea, i'll look for a badge with one on instead . . . or fruit.:D

Cider said:
On an unrelated and self obsessed note, I dreamt of Uncon last night. Tyger and I were the only ones to go to one of the first lectures and we got in a big bath (fully clothed) with Bob Rickard. And then my dogs got in too. I'm really hoping that this isn't a premonition.
I'd much rather have a bath with Bob and your dogs than experience the nightmare about Uncon I had the other night. I forgot my ticket, but went in anyway, but was thrown out by a young goth girl who radiated palpable evil. It took me all day to calm down! I'm sure I'd make a psychiatrist rich.
I will wear my avatar again actually, it seemed to work last time. I like to think I'm an approachable old bird for the Uncon virgins.

I promise to protect you from evil goth girls, beak- as long as you alert me to Bob Rickard hanging around with a large bath!:D

OK the list for the hostel so far is:

the £20pppn fortean dorm:

Cider,
Me,
min,
Jima.

Posibilities and staying in other rooms in the hostel for reasons of privicy or cost:

The virgin queen

There will be space for up to 4 more people in the fortean dorm and theres pleanty of rooms in cheep dorms staying with up to 13 strangers, but if you want to stay with forteans you have to let me know and on what days soon because I have too book the room.

Lord_Flashheart said:
Tattoos, thats what we need. :D

You have to get a tattoo to go to Uncon?
*Spooky adds this to her list of reasons not to go* :p

I'm sure he means temporary tattoos.

Although I don't like the idea of those, either.

We could get Jane's brother to print up some T-shirts. We'd only need one or two people to wear them, as they would act as a focus for everyone else.

I would, but I don't really wear T-shirts. Need long sleeves to cover the scars on my arms.

If I can get my act together in time, I will paint a couple of the designs up myself
Good intentions, paving, roads to hell, etc

Ticket arrived today. Now just have to make sure I don't lose it between now and October.

Nothing worse than flying 22 hours only to find you've left the ticket to the venue on the dresser.

More disturbing for me, since I don't have a dresser.

Soong bought me a present for babysitting this weekend. It's a customised dark blue baseball cap with "Apple Slapper" written in purple thread on it. It will be bloomin' handy for Uncon, since I will be immediately recognisable. Although I'm not sure yet whether this is a good thing......

Note; I have chosen to interpret the slogan as "One who slaps apples." rather than "An apple flavoured slapper." Anyone choosing to disagree will get booted. Maybe.:p

Wow! I got a big fat packet of glossy information booklets from my hotel, confirmation on my UnCon ticket and an offer for a discounted massage at the spa, all in one day. Lovely. I'm getting more than excited about this trip.

Question: has anyone firmed up a plan for a meeting outside of UnCon itsself? There was talk of a lunch on Friday or a night on the tiles on Saturday. Has any of that been made more official, as it were?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back