• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UnCon 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
now you can try some "proper chips ;)" from a chippy :D

Fallen Angel said:
and an offer for a discounted massage

If that was from 'Melfs High Class Massage Palour and Internet Cafe', I'd tread very carefully.;)

In the meantime, I notice that there has been a number of new people joining the messageboard in the last few months. Don't be afraid, jump in and announce if you are coming (going?) and meet up with the gang that met last year.

After all we need some new bloo... I mean, we'd love to meet you.

I'm considering coming, seeing as I'm a newbie and all. It'd be a bit weird meeting you lot though.

Don't tell anyone...but they all are very weird.

Oooh the stories I could tell you.

Disgusting. Drink like fishes, and the language. Enough to make your hair curl. Shocking. Honest.

You've got to think "What would my Mum think if she knew I was hanging out with this lot?" and if you think she'd disapprove...you'll have a great time!!!! :D

Actually, they're all rather nice. In a peculiar way!!! :D

Paid for my accommodation today.

Staying at the Royal National, like some others above.

I'm very quiet around new people, well until I get to know them, then at least I brighten up. If you see some bearded afro-wearing fool cowering in the corner with a packet of bourbons and some orange squash... then you can probably guess that it'd be me...

ooh bourbons! ill be your friend for ever then ill pat you, feed you and then call you george! :D

Plague Rider said:
*whispers* Um, why George? Thanks!
It's a Warner Brothers reference: The Abominable Snowman.

Taken from Of Mice and Men and what Lennie will do when they live of the fat o' the land and he tends his rabbits.

Lennie being the big dopey slow one and George being the small wiry smart one.

Finally got organised enough to get a ticket - 232.

Tyger Lily said:
Don't tell anyone...but they all are very weird.

Oooh the stories I could tell you.

Disgusting. Drink like fishes, and the language. Enough to make your hair curl. Shocking. Honest.

Well, not the Yanks or Aussies! Harrumph.

Dang it. i promised myself I wouldn't read this thread anymore until either I was for sure going, or the dwindling possibility had vanished completely. Neither of which has occured yet.

lopaka said:
Well, not the Yanks or Aussies! Harrumph.
F*ckin' oath! No f*ckin' swearin' from us and those Septic m*thaf*ckers!

'Ere, pass me f*ckin' lager over, will ya?

I don't know. I thought Guttersnipe stood as a warning about Australians to the rest of you...

Steady on, old chap! One doesn't care for that sort of barrack-room language and especially in front of the ladies.

However, I must admit to not being averse to a shandy or two when cutting a rug. I've been on reduced rations recently, thanks to orders from the M.O. By the time Uncon is on, the limiter will be off and I can have a small sherry.

I'd love to go, being a newbie and all, and meet all you crazy, beautiful people. Unfortunately mother has forbidden me (She's afraid what with all the drinking and swearing, I might be led astray).

Maybe next year!

everyone breathes sigh of relief

Edward Bungalow said:
I'd love to go, being a newbie and all, and meet all you crazy, beautiful people. Unfortunately mother has forbidden me (She's afraid what with all the drinking and swearing, I might be led astray).
Really? Mine insisted that I go. I think she's hoping I will be.

Anome, I suspect you're one of those people who can't be led astray. But I might give it a try. :devil:

anome said:
Really? Mine insisted that I go. I think she's hoping I will be.

It's not that I don't want to be led astray. In fact the further astray I could be led the better.

I just need an escape plan.

Fallen Angel said:
Anome, I suspect you're one of those people who can't be led astray. But I might give it a try. :devil:
Well, if that's the case, you'll have to try extra hard...

Can't be lead astray? Chance would be a fine thing.

Better to be led astray than become a lead ashtray.

Sorry. My mind is on one of it's little journeys.

As always when I plan anything, the arrangements for Uncon have gone slightly awry. Despite my Grans birthday being in the middle of October, she is having her 80th party on Sunday 31st.

So, to recap, I may be about on the Friday night, (Sucking up to my colleague is a work in progress!) but I shall definitely be about for the Saturday. Sunday will depend on what time the party is, but I shall be about for some of it I'm sure. Not that I expect anyone to be overly interested in my movements, but coming on this thread and getting it all off my chest is a good way of subtley making my dissatisfaction clear without being selfish enough to actually moan about my lovely Gran's choice of date.:D

We care, we do!

It means we'll have to move the wet T-Shirt comptetion to Saturday.

I'm quite happy to enter this wet T-shirt competition of yours. You do know that all my T-shirts are black though, right? Plus, it might be a bit chilly, so there better be a hot toddy on offer afterwards. I don't actually like whisky, but a hot toddy sounds so nice. But I'm rambling. I'll stop now.:p

We'll provide T-Shirts to anyone who needs one. And a changing area.

Aren't toddies usually made with rum?

I'll stick to my large, thick, black T-shirt thanks!:D I'm such a killjoy.

I thought hot toddies were whisky, lemon and honey, but that was taught to me by my step father who is ever so fond of his whisky. He would have wasted no time in getting rid of the rum and swapping it for something much more palatable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back