• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UnCon 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
anome said:
We care, we do!

It means we'll have to move the wet T-Shirt comptetion to Saturday.

Is the end of October too late to pull together the Hunks/Babes of the FTMB 2005 Calendar to be in the stores for Christmas shopping?

on the friday before the uncon I shall be arangeing a fortean expedition (basicly a jaunt somewhere around london) would anyone be interested and dose anyone have any sugestions on where to go (my ideas so far are the tower of london, the london dungeon or the british museum).
It's only a sugestion right now so if the idea dies on it's arse I'll probably go on my own :p

The tower is bloody expensive Lord Flash, the London Dungeon a bit cheaper. The BM is free though.

The Museum of London in the City is excellent.

I might be interested, since I get in at 6:45am (after 23 hours on a plane) and can't check in until 2pm, I think.

Then again, I might be too tired, and just collapse in the lobby.

Tyger Lily said:
the London Dungeon a bit cheaper.

i scared the sh1t out a kid when i was there bwhahahahaha! :devil:

Is the museum of london something that a non londoner would be interested in though?

I mean I'm sure it's very good (and I do like museums :) ) but is there much in it that will be of interest to someone not from England or London? Afterall if there were a museum of Cardiff then it would be very popular with Cardiffians and Welsh people in general but most people from outside the principality might not find it that interesting. Theres a chance I could be swayed if there is enougth intersting stuff there though...

it was an obvious comment, and someone had to make it ...

Taxi!:D

anome said:
Then again, I might be too tired, and just collapse in the lobby.

Sorry mate, you can't, I won't be there ...

Or is he talking about something else :confused:

Hmmm, anyone recommend a good hotel? I got a great deal on the Montana Excel, but when I phoned to adjust the booking (having booked for the wrong dates, durr), and asking them on the phone to send a confirmatory email, I've heard nothing further :( So now I can't trust them and I have to find another hotel.

fLeebLe said:
just takes a quick google and you can see what is on display there.

yes, but I'm terminally lazy, so you see my problem ;)

It dosen't really sound like my thing though... http://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/
Designed in Sweden
20 September – 24 October 2004

An exhibition of new furniture, glass, ceramics, metalware and textile design from Sweden held jointly at the Museum of London and the Museum in Docklands

LobeliaOverhill said:
Sorry mate, you can't, I won't be there ...
Oo-er!

You won't be? I'm very disappointed, especially as I won't make it to Ireland this time either.

Well I can't go unless someone is willing to mind the Parents ...

Anyone, anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

<tumbleweed rolling by>

<bell tolling in distance>

(actually they'd make kewl emoticons ...)

anome said:
We'll provide T-Shirts to anyone who needs one. And a changing area.

Aren't toddies usually made with rum?

Nah, that's hot buttered rum. I'm very familiar with hot buttered rum. Ah, the tales I could tell... *sighs and looks nostalgic*

It occurs to me that a wet t-shirt contest in October sounds uncomfortably chilly. Or is that the whole idea?

Fallen Angel said:
It occurs to me that a wet t-shirt contest in October sounds uncomfortably chilly. Or is that the whole idea?
Yes, but he needs somewhere to hang his hat and coat.

beakboo said:
Damn straight. You know how awkward it is carrying a hat in this day and age?

I've found that by balancing my cane on my head, I have both hands free for carrying my hat.

Try it. It works!

beakboo said:

You obviously remember too well how cold it was in SF when you came to visit, and that makes me worry about you for some reason.

Fallen Angel said:
You obviously remember too well how cold it was in SF when you came to visit, and that makes me worry about you for some reason.

Though after dinner, as we were looking at the outside of Grace cathedral, freezing our behinds off, the ever-chivalrous lopaka offered her his wool coat.

I can only hope some handsome British gent shows me the same courtesy. :D :blush:

lopaka said:
Though after dinner, as we were looking at the outside of Grace cathedral, freezing our behinds off, the ever-chivalrous lopaka offered her his wool coat.
Oh! I thought you wanted to hang your coat up! :p

hostel last chance

Ok, if anyone is interested in the hostel but hasn't told me then pm me now or forever hold your peace as I am booking it this week (sooner rather than later this week so you'd best pm me as soon as possible if you've not declared an interest yet).

I've pmed all the people i can find that expressed an interest so far so if you are interested and have not recived a pm yet then pm me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back