• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UnCon 2006

I'll be there......it will be my first one.....an Uncon virgin :lol:

I'm a little surpirsed that there are so many regular posters that haven't been (although i'm guessing that most of those don't live in the UK?) yet. Myself included! I echo previous posts and will try and make it on my own as the GF would probably just say 'er, NO'.

To which i'd reply :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm going along, I think this'll be about the fifth I've been to.

Are we booking the Generator? :lol:

I also think ID vs Evolution is well worth alking about - it certianly manages to generate debate here. It is Fortean in itself and provides interesting angles on looking at why people believe what they believe and how theories can be formed and science misused to try and prove what one already knows.

escargot1 said:
Are we booking the Generator? :lol:

All that snoring and farting? I'm sure there'll be a queue of people trying to get a space at Chez Snail ;)

elffriend said:
I'll be there......it will be my first one.....an Uncon virgin :lol:

Likewise.

Will us 'virgins' need to wear white at the un-convention:heh:

Electric_Monk said:
I'd quite like to go too, as I've only been to one other ;)

My girlfriend may also be keen to go, as she's interested in Fortean subjects (she's interested in Wiccan stuff too, although is fully aware of my opinions regarding that ;) )
And it'll be cheaper as you can share hotel bills. ;)

Much as I'd love to listen to my lovely board-mates snoring this year I'll be sharing a berth with my lovely BF instead. Phew ;)

Talks so far sound cool.

If I can get the weekend off from work I'll be there! Sadly I won't be able to share the experience that is thew Fortean dorm at the Generator this time. I am sincerely gutted about this of course, but his Lordship insists.

I'm looking forward to seeing Gail- Nina ( I've enjoyed all her talks.) and am quite interested in the ID versus evolution talk. I'm not an expert on what is Fortean and what isn't, but it certainly melts my butter, so to speak. ;)

sunsplash1 said:
If all goes well, I might actually make it over there to my first uncon! Are there any initiation rites I need to be wary of?
UnCon 2006 will be over-run with Australians. Watch out you lot, we're taking over.

tonyblair11 said:
We are also concerned about your spelling, and your a "writer," omg that is scary and fortean in itself.......

Oooh, I'll take your spelling jibe and raise you a handbag. :roll:

33179_s.jpg

They have these wonderful things called proof readers and spell checkers in the world of publishing so my spelling can be as honkey as I please.

I will be organiseing something for some of the cfz this year too so it might be an idea to put everyone together if we go to the genorator, I'll start up a thread to organize that in about a week and a half when i get back from Exeter if demand is there.

I would check out your presentation, but I'm very far away and I aint got the loot to get overseas. Sorry dude, I was just joshing ya, nice kitty bag.

I'm not, to my knolage, doing a presentation at the uncon, I am however doing a workshop style talk at the next wierd weekend in august.

Though I doubt I'll make it, as I'm in the States, may I suggest Jon Ronson, author of "Them"? If no one is familiar with him, I strongly urge you to read the aforementioned book. It deals with a range of conspiracies including the Builderberg meetings, Skull and Bones, and a number of other things including the entire Waco, TX incident. Well worth the read. I'm sure he's written much more, but this was the book that really got to me.

MercuryCrest said:
Though I doubt I'll make it, as I'm in the States, may I suggest Jon Ronson, author of "Them"? If no one is familiar with him, I strongly urge you to read the aforementioned book. It deals with a range of conspiracies including the Builderberg meetings, Skull and Bones, and a number of other things including the entire Waco, TX incident. Well worth the read. I'm sure he's written much more, but this was the book that really got to me.

Jon talked at UnCon shortly after Them came out. He has of course now got "The Men Who Stare at Goats" to plug!

Gordon

Damn! Now I've got to select two different hats and apparel for the event.
Tsk!

Still, this time I'm getting the photographers names and publications.

I am going to be a little smug here and admit that I have been to every uncon since they started, benefit of living less than an hour from London.

I don't have any real preferences for speakers but UFO talks seem to get the most amusing indignant outbursts from the audience in the Q&A.

Gail-Nina is always excellent so I'm glad to see that she has signed up again. How about giving the CFZ chaps a two hour slot instead of one as they have done some pretty amazing things and it seems a shame to have to squeeze it into one hour.

And again, for my own private amusement, how about getting Degsey himself to do a talk to try and convince people that he is genuine. Given the battering he has received on these boards he may want to defend himself.

Yes, she is a very strange young woman with a taste in exotic pets :lol:

Sorry she's due to be married in August..I tried to talk her in to having a fortean wedding but she was not having any of it..I think that I'd look charming as a sasquatch bridesmaid :lol:

The wedding photos might be a bit distracting, what with orbs circling the happy couple, the unexplained 'guest' in the back row and the UFO hovering above the church.
The vicar resembling a reptiloid is bad enough to cope with when you have wedding 'nerves'.

Do we know which day the Magic lantern Show will be?
and will there be ticket avaialble on the door?
I have a tonne of deadlines about this time but i'm dying to go.

got my wristbands today, one red and one white..does anyone know which one is for which day as it does not say on the letter that came with it???

I'm planning on going this year for the first time, but I was wondering, is accommodation laid on or do you have to find a hotel to stay at?

Back