• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UnCon 2006

Wrist Band Colours

According to the letter with my wristbands, written in biro it says - white wristband Saturday, Red - Sunday.

Cool - the extras are shaping up nicely:

Plus:

• * 3d Photo Shows
    * Film Screenings
    * Cryptozoological Exhibits
    * Magic Lantern Shows
    * Human/computer Interaction Experiments

Eeeeep! Just booked my ticket online for this, I hope it all comes through in time... just realised by a huge bit of coincidence I would be in London and free on that Saturday.

*excited*

How I would love to be there with you lot! Hope you have a lovely time!

Mel

I take it you can turn up and pay on the door?

FT on the door

Rubyait said:
I take it you can turn up and pay on the door?

You can indeed -- however, advance tickets are cheaper than on the door. You'd better be quick if you want to trust them to the postal system!

We have a postal system?!! :shock:

Not 100% sure i can make it so will have to pay the extra if i can. Fingers crossed, never been before.

Oh yeah! I'm coing to uncon again this year, with my dad again. It will be nice to see you all :)

It'll be good to see y'all.

There'll always be a messageboard to post up the "I'm at ..." notices - I do it.

A note - Say, for instance, you've never been to an UnCon. But you've got your ticket and you've turned up at the gig. You need direction. You look for a 'help' point. Me - I'm a wandering one. I'm short, brown-haired, I always either wear or carry a hat but I always carry a walking stick. Outside, I always wear a hat - usually a 'top hat' - but I'm usually spotted. The Emperor has always managed to find me, despite my cunning camouflage. He doesn't play fair - no one knows who Emps is!

Git.

And this UnCon I will be in disguise. I'm not going to give much away but if you see someone who looks like Queen Victoria...

I'm heading off in a mo - fingers crossed the journey down won't be a disaster but after last time if I don't end up in France I'll be happy.

I'll look out for the group of disappointed photographers who were sent out to photogrph people dressed as aliens and instead had to settle with photographing SK's hat and melf's beard.

If anyone finds someone in the Generator looking confused and unable to work the door (again) please stop and lend a hand ;)

Heading off in a mo'? It takes you a week to get there?

Emps wrapped himself up in brown paper and is travelling via Parcel Force, he thought it would be faster than the trains, bless 'im.

My wristbands arrived today. Im the tattooed girl looking shy and lonely, please talk to me :?

Going to have to get in on the day - strange year (don't ask). If around, then I'm the one with many doubles...just in case they (the they natch) try and arrest me for the usual old crimes against humanity (pah). You'll know me by the outrageously expensive after shave....
Lets make a concerted effort to 'ping' (photograph) emps....only joking.... ;)

I'll be there and I'll be fairly easy to spot. Looking forward to putting some names to faces over the very near time!

Cheers

Gordon

Sthenno said:
I'm there already. Where the hell is everyone?

Looks along the Euston Road earnestly, then snuggles down in his sleeping bag.

Anome_ said:
Sthenno said:
I'm there already. Where the hell is everyone?

Looks along the Euston Road earnestly, then snuggles down in his sleeping bag.

Well I didn't see you there.

The weird thing is I spent a couple of hours in the Narcotics Anonymous meeting that was on there before releasing something was wrong.

It was an interesting jaunt down to London - I suspect my stupidity means I won't be able to make it on the right weekend. :(

I should say it appears I wasn't the only one - the guy at the desk told me quite a few people had also turned up that morning looking confused.

cassandra78 said:
Erm.. are you being serious?

:shock:

Perfectly serious I'm afraid. :oops:

7 hours on the train in the last 24 hours. :shock: :?

I really shouldn't be allowed out without my helper :roll:

Thats so funny!! Oh youre in for such a ribbing about that! Not from me of course, i'm far too polite. What caused the confusion? Why did other people make the same mistake?

cassandra78 said:
Thats so funny!! Oh youre in for such a ribbing about that! Not from me of course, i'm far too polite. What caused the confusion? Why did other people make the same mistake?

The date was changed from this weekend to next weekend - some of us didn't get the memo.

OR you are all there now having a lovely UnCon and it was a terribly mean joke. Hmmmm :(

Cheer up, triumph in the face of adversity and all that!

And come on, it is pretty funny :D

MrSnowman said:
And come on, it is pretty funny :D

Oh well quite ;)

I could have (somehow) blagged it off in convincing enough a manner that not everyone would have thought I was a proper fool :lol:

Its a pity that this isn't the first time such things happened (I always struggled with bank holidays when I was at Uni - wondering where everyone had gone) just not on quite such a scale :shock:

Back