• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UnCon 2006

What are you all talking about? I'm at the UnCon right now.

It looked like a Narcotics Anonymous meeting, but after Mighty Emperor left they all unzipped out of their skins to reveal that they were in fact the Supreme Council of the Reptilian Alliance.

It was a bit of a shock to discover that David Icke was right after all, but the Reptilians really are charming people (well, not quite people, but they do have exquisite taste in fashions...)

They let me stay on for the evenings entertainment, when they tossed an unbaptised baby onto the barbecue and began a good old fashioned Reptilian knees-up. I won a bottle of wine in the raffle.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Unbaptised baby and BBQ sauce is my all time favourite too :(

i am setting off on my holiday now which will be ending up in london next weekend. won't be at the pub friday but will see you all at uncon and hopefully in the evening too.
so off i go to find the milkshake holy grail! :lol:

fLeebLe

My mate ordered our tickets on Friday (yes, I know... neither of us is renowned for our relentless promptness and efficiency). He was faintly concerned that the website said "allow 28 days for delivery", but I'm sure the postal service will come through for us. All excited now!

circlebeginning said:
I'm not the only one who messed up then

Very disappointed :(

Welcome to the club - I believe there are more of us out there too :(

Fingers crossed my very public cock up will manage to take the heat off the rest of the other members of the Week Early Club. ;)

Er... could somebody please tell us what's been going on?

Did people really turn up to UnCon a week early? And, if so, why?

We can't find any FT communications giving dates other than 29/30 April, so we're a bit worried about this.

If someone could clarify we'd be very grateful!

David Sutton

Hopefully we'll be there too!

Auraworld is good... They exhibited at GhostFest 2005 and went down a storm! Hopefully they'll be there for GhostFest 07 too, same with Toms Gadgets!

I can't wait - really excited!

Love,

Sarah-Jean

Dr_David_Sutton said:
Er... could somebody please tell us what's been going on?

Did people really turn up to UnCon a week early? And, if so, why?

We can't find any FT communications giving dates other than 29/30 April, so we're a bit worried about this.

If someone could clarify we'd be very grateful!

Yep I turned up a week early. I can't say where I got the date from but as soon as I found out I jotted it down on my calendar and didn't think to check.

When I turned up at the venue they said it had been rescheduled for the following weekend and that letters had been sent out to everyone who'd booked. They also said a number of other people had turned up before me. He suggested it was all UnCon's fault and we should get our expenses back from you (the guy at the desk had that "Oh no not another one" look about him as he explained it to me in a rather bored voice - the kind you get where someone is forced to say the same thing again and again).

He did not resemble a Man in Black or other agent of disinformation. ;)

I’m quite confused. I booked my tickets pretty much as soon as they became available and was never aware of any date other than the coming weekend. I’m also 99% sure, though I don’t have the tickets in front of me, that the correct dates are printed on the wristbands, which I received months ago. Do you think the guy behind the counter was having a laugh? It’s all suitably Fortean, if you ask me…

Sthenno said:
I’m quite confused. I booked my tickets pretty much as soon as they became available and was never aware of any date other than the coming weekend. I’m also 99% sure, though I don’t have the tickets in front of me, that the correct dates are printed on the wristbands, which I received months ago. Do you think the guy behind the counter was having a laugh? It’s all suitably Fortean, if you ask me…

Something has gone wrong somewhere - too many people turned up last weekend for it to just be some kind of brainfart but what that something is is unclear. I've spoken to Owen Whiteoak and suggested some ideas.

He thinks it might be some time travel incident. I'm suggesting that somehow a number of us were switched with out counterparts from a parallel universe. The only bonus to this is that I still get to go to UnCon - the other me will turn up a week too late!! Obviously the solution woul be to build a time machine and travel back in time - which could be cause of the problems (see also the Montauk Project thread).

Thats my best stab at an answer - I'm not ruling out the MiB or some kind of Reptoid conspiracy though.

The bonus is that I'm no longer addicted to smoking crack - the fact I have never tried it didn't stop the people at Narcotics Anonymous from chalking it up as a victory (just before I left and they sparked up the baby BBQ).

I was confused as I have only ever heard of one set of dates. Very very Fortean if you ask me and at least you have given us all a laugh Emps :lol:

Right. This is the last time I get to use the net before we meet Friday, so please don't change the day haha. I'll see you hardcore lot in the pub & very much looking forward to meeting the rest of you on Sat xx

I don't want to sound thick or anything, but I have only received wristbands in the post and no tickets. Is it just the wristbands we need to get in? Also, what time does Uncon start? look forward to seeing you all in the pub on Friday.

cheekyimp said:
I don't want to sound thick or anything, but I have only received wristbands in the post and no tickets. Is it just the wristbands we need to get in? Also, what time does Uncon start? look forward to seeing you all in the pub on Friday.

Yep. It's just the wristbands you need to get in. Doors open at 9.30am on the Saturday.

See you in the pub!

I've received no wristband, no ticket, nuthin'.
I'm a tad coddled but I'll figure out summat.

I look forward to meeting people in the Lord Russell.

Oh, and just in case. I look mostly like this:
b5ba8fbc.jpg

I don't bite - I like meeting people!

Stormkhan said:
Oh, and just in case. I look mostly like this:

The weird thing is that he had that bookcase strapped to his back too.

If you are good (or in my case standing next to someone who is good) he might let you peek in his briefcase.

--------
It looks like my helper might let me have another go at attending this weekend as long as I don't mess things up so badly. ;)

I will be disguised as SK's bookcase.

Right, I'm off to college for the morning, and then....when my life's in a mess, I'll take the National Express...

See you lot in the pub. 8)

Can't wait for tommorrow, my first Uncon :D

Hope to see you all, but of course unless everyone is wearing their forum name badges, I won't know who anyone is :confused:

Enjoy!

I can't wait! See you all there!

I'll be easily recognisable as the mad lady on the GhostFest stand!!! :p LOL

Seems the Fates (which includes my own stupidity and the free "Love Music Hate Racism" gig on Saturday) have conspired against me this year and I won't be able to make it. :cry:

Have a good one and I look forward to a full report ;)

Can somebody please take pix this time around? And post them here?

particularly all the crazy stuff, partying and drunken abandon...

:D

Blimey Emps!
First you turn up when it isn't on then you can't turn up when it is!
You trying to be awkward or summat?

Stormkhan said:
Blimey Emps!
First you turn up when it isn't on then you can't turn up when it is!
You trying to be awkward or summat?

Apparently ;)

I was there, didn't manage to make contact with anyone - ?!
I'm the tall one with a crap teenage beard.

You there tomorrow James? Come talk to me, i'm the one in pink with a tattoo on my arm. Now, anyone else not met up? I'm sure there are loads of you I could meet tomorrow (Sun) so show yourselves!!

While I'm here, I would like to mention I have just left several FTMBers in a very dodgy pub in Camden, you can blame any bad behaviour on the Fleeble.

8)

Back