• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Uncon 2007

DrPaulLee

Justified & Ancient
Assuming there is going to be one in 2007, has a rough date been set?

Or a new venue? With a bar in…?

Sthenno said:
Or a new venue? With a bar in…?

Will that mean all the pot-bellied hairy men will get pissed and heckle the speakers? I hope so. :D

Personally, the lack of a bar doesn't really bother me that much. The Head of Steam is right across the road to pile into as soon as the day's events finish.

It’s not the lack of a bar so much as the lack of a communal area where people can get together and chat. There is the courtyard, but it’s cold and useless if it’s raining. The Commonwealth had a much more social atmosphere, in my opinion.

I'm determined to go to the next one, is there anywhere I can see photos of previous uncons?

drjbrennan said:
I'm determined to go to the next one, is there anywhere I can see photos of previous uncons?

Do a search from the FT Homepage and you should find some.

Gordon

Any word on when it's going to be? Some of us have to make advance travel plans and stuff.

1. The Head of Steam is now called The Doric Arch. No change in content, though.
2. Nothing wrong with a non-bar venue but the lack of central meeting place, apart from the courtyard, is a problem.
3. If the main hall is so damn warm as it was, with audience falling asleep etc., a few fans to move the air around might be an idea.

Come on, folks; get it together! Give us the info!

I wonder if ASSAP will be involved next year? Considering that most of the exec resigned en masse (including myself) due to squabbles, it may be a pretty thin assembly of members!

Assembly of one, perhaps? Or those who are left run around, pretending to be more, ala the Beau Geste defense?

How much is the entry fee usually? is it one the door or do you pre-book?

last year was
1 day: £17.50
2 day: £25.00
for advance tickets and i think on the door was a bit more.

I will try to attend this year's. Took some good photos at the 2004 one. 8)

I'll certainly make every effort to attend.

Now hurry up and announce the dates! :D

Well, that would be nice to know as well.

[EDIT]By which I mean it would be nice to know so I could plan to do something else this year.

I seem to recall at the closing address of UnCon 2006 they did say that there would be an UnCon 2007, so I presume that it's still on.

zarathustraspake said:
I seem to recall at the closing address of UnCon 2006 they did say that there would be an UnCon 2007, so I presume that it's still on.

Was the phrase not "I look forward to seeing you all at the next UnCon?"

Gordon

Gordon, you don't happen to have insider information, do you?

As I said earlier, if it isn't going to be on this year, it would be handy to know.

Perhaps WE all know but we haven't told you. :twisted:

Hi,

At the moment it would seem that an UnCon for 2007 is highly unlikely. As it's becoming increasingly expensive to do it in a London venue - and the lack of a truly suitable one is an ongoing problem - Dennis Publishing, who do the practical organising of the event, are looking at other possibilties for UnCon's future.

Whether this means a non-London event, a series of mini-cons or something entirely different I can't say at this stage. But 2007 will most likely be a hiatus while these things are looked at in detail.

It's a shame, obviously, but we do hope that it won't ruin your year!

If and when anything further emerges, you'll be the first to know.

Best

David Sutton

Hoo, a non-London Uncon! What a good idea.

What about Brum? The Clothes Show Live used to be there. Great place. :D

Oh! I had an awful premonition about it.

What about York, then? He asked, hopefully. Or, taking over a university campus, for a weekend? Or, a youth hostel, like the haunted, Carbisdale Castle, in Scotland?

:(

How about a boat? We could have a boat. A ship, in fact. We could dress as pirates. Cutlasses. Eyepatches.

*looks on ebay for stripey trousers*

I'm very sorry to hear it. Maybe I should save my money for whatever and whenever so I can really go berserk at the stalls.

Back