• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UnCon 2009 book?

gcd_889ff9c65a25

Fresh Blood
Hi,
If there is going to be an UnCon 2009, I think it would be a good idea for there to be a book/one-off magazine produced to tie in with it.
A collection of articles by all the speakers, based on their talks.; perhaps in the same format as the "It Happened To Me" 'bookazine'.

It would be nice to be able to have something to take away with all that fascinating info in. I can't remember half of what I heard last year...
It would also give the speakers the opportunity to go into more detail than they could onstage and include book references, links to websites etc.

What does everyone think?

Vincent Oberheim

Eggs is eggs. An oeuf is an oeuf. An ei for an ei.

An UnCon 2008 book would be nice. A follow-on to, 'It Happened to Me, Too', perhaps?

;)

There was a book of this sort of nature a few years ago (1999) - The Fortean Times Book of UnCOnventional Wisdom - it was given away as a cover mount and was only 90ish pages and it featured articles on all the talks by the speakers - all 22 of them.

Gordon

Back