• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UnCon 2011

If there's one this year I'm definitely up for it. :D

It would be handy to know about it now, for those of us who have to make hugely expensive travel arrangements. Although I think the sale Flight Centre was having on flights to London is over.

Start booking those flights - it's 12th and 13th November!
Gordon

Is that confirmed?

(No, I have no idea why I'm asking you on here, either!)

Whoop!

Why is it that I'm suddenly more excited about this than I am about Glasto?

That's a curious time to be holding it. I shall have to see what kind of flight deal I can get.

[EDIT] Oh, and any word on venue? Presumably this is due to when facilities are available.

The info I have is from the editorial in the latest FT - 275 - and it says Central London. more details next issue.

Gordon

Well, that narrows it down...

Oh well, off to start looking at airfares and hotels...

Neil Arnold is a bloody good speaker as is Rohnan Coghlan. A talk by the guy who did the Gef the Talking Mongoosearticle afew issues back would be bloody blinding!

Noticed on logging in this morning, that the details and tickets are now available from the FT homepage.

LINK

Well, already bought the tickets, now to sort out airfares and accommodation.

Just bought my tickets. Can anyone recommend any decent, but cheap hotels in the area?

Just bought my Ticket. So that's at least people there.

There's loads of hotels in the area hoverdonkey, it depends what your definition of cheap is.

Timble2 said:
Just bought my Ticket. So that's at least people there.

The others are not people? :shock:

i missed out "four", although with UnConvention it might be reasonable to expect the odd ghost or alien observer....

Perhaps we could do one of those old newspaper style competitions "You are from Zeta Reticuli and I claim my five pounds?"

It would be wonderful if at least one genuine alien turned up...

No mention of Jonathan Downes in the lineup. I hope that isn't an ominous sign. With every UnCon he seemed to have been in poorer and poorer health.

Well I'm not going.

To quote Dr_David Sutton...

I know it pains many on the Forteana list, but we're neither exclusive nor picky about who reads FT. It's a magazine, not a private members' club.

zarathustraspake said:
No mention of Jonathan Downes in the lineup. I hope that isn't an ominous sign. With every UnCon he seemed to have been in poorer and poorer health.

Jon will be running a store at Uncon and playing some songs in the evening. He sends his thanks for your concern.

Ah, I'm glad to hear that.

I'll be going to the UnCon Late thingummy, so I'll look forward to his songs. :D

Dunno about Friday night, but the UnCon Late lineup seems to be looking better and better. I see they've added Helen Keen to the entertainments. She was fantastic at UnCon 2010.

I've never been to an Uncon before.
Is it possible to just turn up and buy a ticket at the door?

I'm tossing a coin to decide whether or not I go...

Mythopoeika said:
Is it possible to just turn up and buy a ticket at the door?

Anyone? :|

Back