• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UnCon 2011

I'm going to be around in the daytime on Friday if anyone fancies doing lunch or checking out sites.

I'm arriving lateish on the Friday evening.

'ang on, 'ang on. How do we FTMBers recognise each other? Apart from the ones we know, of course. I haven't Unconed for years so am unfamiliar with the handshake.

I'll be around in Lahndahn on the Friday evening. Is anyone heading to the Lord John Russell (on Marchmont Street near Kings Cross) like in previous years? If so, I can pop along for a pint.

zarathustraspake said:
I'll be around in Lahndahn on the Friday evening. Is anyone heading to the Lord John Russell (on Marchmont Street near Kings Cross) like in previous years? If so, I can pop along for a pint.

Pietros Mercurios just PM'd me asking if there was gonna be a pre-UnCon pub session, so I'm calling one.

Forteans lurking in London on Friday, come along to the Lord John Russell from 8pm onwards. Drink! Drink! :D

escargot1 said:
'ang on, 'ang on. How do we FTMBers recognise each other? Apart from the ones we know, of course. I haven't Unconed for years so am unfamiliar with the handshake.

Perhaps a nametag system could be set up? Shame I cannot make it this year, it'd be a heap of fun to meet you all...

Well, the multinational Fortean expedition is making its final attempt on UnCon this morning. After decamping from base in Bath, we expect to make an assault on the Western Approach, with the goal of establishing a new base camp at a Travelodge in the vicinity of Kings Cross, where we shall meet up with a contingent approaching from the North in preparation for the final ascent tomorrow. In preparation, we expect to make an exploratory sortie into a nearby pub, as yet to be determined.

Oops, okay, shall we agree on the Prince of Wales Feathers then?

I may well briefly pop in to the Lord John Russell at 8-ish anyway in case I spot any stragglers, and then head to the Prince of Wales from there.

My branch of the Northern contingent will be proudly carrying high our sacred banner, the large blue and yellow toy snail, on our foray towards the Prince Of Wales Feathers.

Prince of Wales Feathers - to tickle Camilla's fancy, then.

I veel be kerrying a copy of zee Vortean Times und a portable hadron collider.

Also, I will bring along ze old newspaper vit de 'Escargot Letter' in.

Pfft, here at the Hotel Bastardos the free wifi connects to YOU.

I didn't go to Uncon...sorry, all.

Getting whupped in the pub quiz!!

No, we came second! Yay for the real brains of the operation, Tim'n'Mike! :D

The answers to most pub quizes are
"Such Is Life" (Ned Kelly's Last Words)
Green (Mr Spock's blood colour)
Skin (the largest organ of the human body)
and
Llama's!

I got 'Snippy', the name of the horse who was found on a ranch with his head stripped of flesh. Brr.

Next time! :D

More weirdness coming up today. I went to all the talks yesterday and am now an expert on Sasquatch, talking dogs and counting horses, theramins, birdsong, psychopaths and many other perfectly sensible subjects.

Yet another year has passed and I didn't get to go to Uncon again.

It has nothing to do with the fact that I find you lot hideously ugly and boring, and would prefer to spend my weekend doing other stuff!

Alright, I couldn't go because I was working, so you'd better put some decent pictures up here for the rest of us to examine while sobbing into our beer!

Back