UnCon 2013?

47Forteans

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Will there be an Uncon this year? Given it is FT's fortieth year, I hope there is! (I'm already saving my pennies)

47Forteans

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
By the lack of movement on this thread, I take it that there is to be no Uncon this year?

Anome

Bibliomancer
Reaction score
It's a bit early to assume it's not happening. They usually don't finalise until later, and when we're hard up for cheap airfares from Australia.

lordmongrove

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
There is the London Cryptozoology club Convention on April 13th at Treadwells Bookshop, 33 Store Street, Bloomsbury London, WC1E 7BS. Nearest tube stations are Tottenham Court Road, Russell Square and Goodge Street. Starts10.30

47Forteans

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Is there to be an Unconvention this year?

Anome

Bibliomancer
Reaction score
No mention in the July Issue. Can't remember which issue it was last time. Confirmation from Fortean Towers would be nice.

signed
Anxiously Curious
Canberra.

taras

In the detail
Reaction score
I work for an organisation that runs a conference of a similar scale (though not quite as fun!) and we start preparing for it (site visits, initial contact with speakers) around 6 months in advance, so I think we'd have heard by now. Happy to be proven wrong...

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I'm taking a chance on it and will be calculating the most likely weekend to turn up. I'll book Escette and myself into the usual rammy hotel and get the beers in. If nobody else turns up, I'm sure we'll find something interesting to do. :lol:

CygnusRex

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
escargot1 said:
I'm taking a chance on it and will be calculating the most likely weekend to turn up. I'll book Escette and myself into the usual rammy hotel and get the beers in. If nobody else turns up, I'm sure we'll find something interesting to do. :lol:
Give me a shout when you are down, if UnCon isn't on we can go an scare the tourists in Covent Garden or summat :D

47Forteans

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
CygnusRex said:
escargot1 said:
Give me a shout when you are down, if UnCon isn't on we can go an scare the tourists in Covent Garden or summat :D
Since there's no announcement (YET!) about the UnCon, my guess it isn't happening. Pity, as it being the fortieth anniversary year, we could have had a retrospective UnCon - hopefully the 40th anniversary issue in November will blow our minds!

DrWhiteface

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
So, with no retrospective in issue 300 and no UnCon this year, can we hope for something good for the anniversary issue?

47Forteans

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
DrWhiteface said:
So, with no retrospective in issue 300 and no UnCon this year, can we hope for something good for the anniversary issue?
Going by the lukewarm response to this thread, I wouldn't hold your breath!

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
I say we should march on Fortean Towers. Pitchforks and torches optional.

47Forteans

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Once we get to Fortean Towers, let's moon them!

Heckler

The unspeakable mass
Reaction score
escargot1 said:
I'm mooning them right now.
Well that's a relief, for a moment I thought that someone had created the death star.

47Forteans

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Heckler20 said:
escargot1 said:
I'm mooning them right now.
Well that's a relief, for a moment I thought that someone had created the death star.
That's no moon!

(Yes, I know, I am a complete nerd!)

Strange that there's been no official response to this thread...

47Forteans

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
So, no announcement about an Uncon this year, I guess there will be one next year.