• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UnCon 2013?

47Forteans

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Will there be an Uncon this year? Given it is FT's fortieth year, I hope there is! (I'm already saving my pennies)

I'm up for it! And so is Escette. We had a rare old time t'other year. :D

By the lack of movement on this thread, I take it that there is to be no Uncon this year?

It's a bit early to assume it's not happening. They usually don't finalise until later, and when we're hard up for cheap airfares from Australia.

There is the London Cryptozoology club Convention on April 13th at Treadwells Bookshop, 33 Store Street, Bloomsbury London, WC1E 7BS. Nearest tube stations are Tottenham Court Road, Russell Square and Goodge Street. Starts10.30

Speaking of too late to get air tickets...

No mention in the July Issue. Can't remember which issue it was last time. Confirmation from Fortean Towers would be nice.

signed
Anxiously Curious
Canberra.

I work for an organisation that runs a conference of a similar scale (though not quite as fun!) and we start preparing for it (site visits, initial contact with speakers) around 6 months in advance, so I think we'd have heard by now. Happy to be proven wrong...

I'm taking a chance on it and will be calculating the most likely weekend to turn up. I'll book Escette and myself into the usual rammy hotel and get the beers in. If nobody else turns up, I'm sure we'll find something interesting to do. :lol:

escargot1 said:
I'm taking a chance on it and will be calculating the most likely weekend to turn up. I'll book Escette and myself into the usual rammy hotel and get the beers in. If nobody else turns up, I'm sure we'll find something interesting to do. :lol:

Give me a shout when you are down, if UnCon isn't on we can go an scare the tourists in Covent Garden or summat :D

CygnusRex said:
escargot1 said:

Give me a shout when you are down, if UnCon isn't on we can go an scare the tourists in Covent Garden or summat :D

Since there's no announcement (YET!) about the UnCon, my guess it isn't happening. Pity, as it being the fortieth anniversary year, we could have had a retrospective UnCon - hopefully the 40th anniversary issue in November will blow our minds!

So, with no retrospective in issue 300 and no UnCon this year, can we hope for something good for the anniversary issue?

DrWhiteface said:
So, with no retrospective in issue 300 and no UnCon this year, can we hope for something good for the anniversary issue?

Going by the lukewarm response to this thread, I wouldn't hold your breath!

I say we should march on Fortean Towers. Pitchforks and torches optional.

I have a map and a compass and I'm mooning them right now.

escargot1 said:
I'm mooning them right now.

Well that's a relief, for a moment I thought that someone had created the death star.

Heckler20 said:
escargot1 said:
I'm mooning them right now.

Well that's a relief, for a moment I thought that someone had created the death star.

That's no moon!

(Yes, I know, I am a complete nerd!)

Strange that there's been no official response to this thread...

So, no announcement about an Uncon this year, I guess there will be one next year.

Back