• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Uncon 2014

DrWhiteface

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Since we missed out last year (and in the anniversary year as well!), will there be an Uncon this year?

I do hope so. Although with my luck, I won't be able to afford it.

Pfft, Scargie brings her own hostas. :twisted:

ramonmercado said:
Anome_ said:
I do hope so. Although with my luck, I won't be able to afford it.

Won't be able to shell out for Scargie?
Not these days, since they got rid of 2 cent pieces.

Seriously Strange?

I'm up for Uncon 2014. Does anyone know if there will be an ASSAP Seriously Strange again this year? I booked but couldn't make last year.

Any news on uncon for 2014? My year is incomplete without it!

No mention in the editorial of FT 317, dated August, so I'm guessing it's not happening.

I'm a bit low on cash, I could take the year off, unless someone's organising something else.

If you want a new Uncon

If Dennis and FT are unable to arrange an Uncon at the moment why not arrange one ourselves - crowdfund it in other words?

Think about it if you're willing to stump up for tickets why not just put that money in a pot with others to pay for the venue and the lecturers (although a lot of people may do it for next to nothing or free) plus you could do a lot of stuff that involves the punters instead of lectures like "It happened to me" panels etc.

London may be too expensive for a venue though so a more reasonably priced, central venue may be a good idea.

It is a though. :D

F

you mean leave the safety of london? i would be up for it but i will need time to get my jabs sorted.

Glasgow would be useful if anyone won the auction for a dancing teacake costume - you could pick it up at the same time!

I dunno..i spent the first 15 years of my life in Glasgow, haven't i done enough time?

Ha! unmasked as an escapee!

get back in right here right now you young rascal! :lol:

Back