• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UnCon in the Evening

Dr_David_Sutton

Devoted Cultist
We're now definitely running an extra UnCon event on the night of Saturday 23 October at the splendidly surreal time warp that is the St Aloysius Social Club in Euston.

We're putting together what should be a fun evening of entertainment, including live music and performances, DJs, the great Fortean Times Pub Quiz (prizes galore!) and lots of very cheap beer!

More info will follow when things take definitive shape, but if anyone wants to offer their performing services - it can be anything from music to poetry to strange acts of prestidigitation - then please contact me by email ([email protected]) with details.

Ask your friends, family and pets - we're sure there's a host of Fortean talent out there that needs to be shared... so get in touch!

The venue looks interesting, very "..,I woke up in 1973 "

Better than hanging around some pub until closing time with a bunch of other Forteans discussing the events of the day... oh, hang on...

Bad news - due to various kinds of f***-up, the UnCon evening event is now cancelled. We hope to try and do something along these lines in the future, but it's not happening at UnCon.

Our friends from Hand of Glory records are planning a night of weird music of a fortean sort of bent on the Saturday night, though, and promise cheap tickets for UnCon attendees, so all is not lost. More details when we have them.

:(

I was getting all excited, too.

Mind you, if there's a bit of a bop, then all is not lost!

Dr_David_Sutton said:
Bad news - due to various kinds of f***-up, the UnCon evening event is now cancelled. We hope to try and do something along these lines in the future, but it's not happening at UnCon.

Our friends from Hand of Glory records are planning a night of weird music of a fortean sort of bent on the Saturday night, though, and promise cheap tickets for UnCon attendees, so all is not lost. More details when we have them.

Sad news. Is there any chance of some contact details for Hand of Glory records for those of us still interested in playing at such an event?

Hand Of Glory do

hello!

PM me for info on playing/DJing!

As very big fan of FT I am making sure that we at H.O.G. make you all very welcome.

Will post some more info soon!

Mary/Hand Of Glory

hello!

I'm afraid that's a bit out of date now, I'll upload the right info, poster etc as soon as poss.

Really hoping some of you will make it along, should be a really fun night!

Mary H.O.G.

Looking forward to hearing about it. Any idea when the final plans will be available for us to read?

This Saturday at the always wonderful St Aloysius Social club, we at Hand Of Glory are delighted to present:

The Doozer

Just back from a West Coast tour, and tipped by Sonic Youth’s Thurston Moore in Arthur magazine as: “A pleasure of great dimensions. The lazy man’s way to review it to call it a bridge between Syd B and Chris Knox, carrying all the weird damage and superb left field pop motion that implies.”

www.thedoozer.com

www.myspace.com/thedoozerman

Pete Um

Another Cambridge adventurer, and seemingly prolific youtuber, Pete Um’s solo performance lies somewhat uncomfortably between psychedelic pop music, sonic experimentalism, and Dadaist comedy.

http://www.umbusiness.co.uk/

www.myspace.com/peteum

The Lone Taxidermist

The Lone Taxidermist aka Natalie Sharp is a one woman howl-inducing music making machine. From Manchester but now based in London - Gothic psych electro may be the correct way to describe her, but in all honesty The Lone Taxidermist sits quite squarely in a league of her own.

www.myspace.com/taxidermistsmanchester

The Outdoor Types and Mary Epworth (special one off supergroup set!)

Longterm friends and Hand Of Glory labelmates , Kidderminster folk-facemelters The Outdoor Types are joined for one night by Sunday Times acclaimed psych soul siren Mary Epworth to try to make the biggest noise possible, with the most number of harmonies.

The Outdoor Types “All aboard that’s coming aboard” is out now on I Blame the parents.

Mary’s harpsichord and flanged autoharp drenched debut album is under construction as we speak.

www.theoutdoortypes.com

www.myspace.com/theoutdoortypes

www.maryepworth.com

www.myspace.com/maryepworth

if that was not enough, the Hand Of Glory DJs, this time joined by music nerd and cat loving Author tom Cox (Lost Tribes Of Pop, Under The Paw) dig up lost greats and danceable pop from the 60s 70s, and probably not 80s.*

http://tomcoxblog.blogspot.com/

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/85c866fe-8861 ... abdc0.html

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/clubbing/ ... breaker.do

As fans of Fortean Times, We're running this as an unofficial (it's a long story) appendix to the fantastic 2 day Unconvention, which is once again being held at Westminster uni.

http://www.forteantimes.com/events/uncon2010/

Uncon attendees and other Forteans can get in for £4, everyone else has to stump up the enormous £5 for a whole night of amazing music and cheap beer!

*apart from Funky Town.

Thank you so much those of you who made it down.

I'm always happy to talk about psychedelic music and forteana, and I like to think i made some new friends.

:D

fantastic night, great music and friendly people, and yes you have made new friends miss mollymauk.

I'd definitely be up for attending another gig with Miss mollymauk and that band!

Top notch entertainment! :yeay:

Pietro_Mercurios said:
I'd definitely be up for attending another gig with Miss mollymauk and that band!

I'll have your ibuprofen ready for the morning after. ;)

Back