• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UnCon Solo?

fridgekill

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hi all,

I have finally talked myself into going to Uncon alone this year and just bought my ticket - as sadly my usual like minded fortean buddy can't make it this year :(

Is there anyone else going alone?

I have usually ended up chatting to people about random things throughout the day which is always nice, but if you see a lost and lonely looking girl - I'll be easy to spot having decided to come into London on my bike. I'll be the one looking like a drowned rat! as there is heavy rain forecast for Saturday feel free to say hi :hello: as I'll wont have anyone else to talk about the awesomeness that is uncon.

Now just got to decide which talks to watch – I wish I could see them all!

See you all this weekend – can’t wait now… :lol:

I'm also going alone, though I suspect I'll be bumping into quite a few familiar faces from 2006 and 2008.

If you see someone wearing a "Nietzsche is my homeboy" t-shirt, that's me. Feel free to say hello and I'll try to introduce you to some fellow forteans.

I've only been to one Uncon, and went alone, and I had a great time. :D

I met up with fellow FTMBers who'd rallied in the courtyard under an artistic home made banner. Made some friends right away and am still in touch with most of them every day.

So don't worry about turning up alone. Head for the FTMB gathering and you'll be OK. 8)

I can't be there this year as I'm going to China but hey, there's next time. ;)

I was hoping to meet the snaily one, too. :(

I too will be probably be wearing some sort of a T-shirt. :)

We'll meet one day, to cycle round the LHC tunnel. You can keep your shirt on for that.

Alas I'm a Johnny no mates as well and although I ain't doing Sunday I will be there Saturday.

I shall be looking for the banner. You'll know me...I'll have my avatar secured somewhere on my person ......

And a label saying "Please look after this bear."

I always go on my own, but sometimes bump into old friends. Always have a lovely time regardless.

I'll be wearing no hair and normal looking clothes with no logos or comments about my intrinsic nature. Should stand out a bit, then.

:lol:

I won't be there but I hope y'awl have fun.

How about a game of pintail the editor this year?

Pintail the editor!

I don't like the sound of that!

Seriously, if anyone is on their own - or, indeed, not on their own - do come and say hello to me and the FT team at some point. You'll be able to spot us easily - we will look tired and have colds...

DS

Back