• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Unconvention 2003: The Aftermath!

thermal garbage said:
I didn't try one, not adventurous enuf!

mana still has some left i imagine :D
sorry still dont know were the britannia is
not never mind (and in the words of togs "mussen grumble")

thermal garbage said:
I didn't try one, not adventurous enuf!

WHAT!!!!!!!!

Thou must be initiated before thou can join the Fort Fold!

Watch thine back...

I finally crawled in at about 9pm. The pit of slavery dragged on forever today. Solid proof that time isn't constant.

The thought of drinking on Sunday nearly finished me off. Call me a lightweight if you want, but I had the mother of all hangovers after the Saturday night.

wolfie said:
The thought of drinking on Sunday nearly finished me off. Call me a lightweight if you want...

Your a lightweight :D

I suppose you all started drinking earlier than us (we were busy checking into our luxery hotel). We didn't have enough time to get drunk enough for hangovers. I was sooo knackered today though I took the afternoon off work, came home and slept through the neighbour's drilling, and Hubcap's Fall CDs.

I made it home about half past 6 of the morning clock and had to pass through Stoke and had to pay 20p to use the toilets in birmingham coach station (from which the phraze to 'ming' comes from insidentaly) and there were 3 sinks and all were out of order (urgh). so I was in a stinking mood when I got back :(

I realy enjoyed the uncon though, espeshaly the drinks (it was tomsk that was with us sunday night by the way melf ;) ), the journal of the dissapointed man, me besting Stan gooch by exposeing his key argument to be based on suposition and bs, the KFC murder solved lecture, Ghost watch and the Journal of the disapointed man and would like to publicly thank my ticket benifactor without which I would not have been able to come. 3 chears for Stu :D

half 6 in the morning :eek!!!!:

salty little thingies

Mana said:
WHAT!!!!!!!!

Thou must be initiated before thou can join the Fort Fold!

Watch thine back...

Ooohh Mana :eek!!!!: You'se so scary !!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

Well in that case, the little tree on the front patio of the Scarsdale was initiated then? I saw someone sneaking a little green salty thing down into the soil of that little tree when u weren't lookin!! ;) !!

Really good to meet u Mana!, :) despite the little green-salty-gift-un-ripened-almond-thingies!!'

Lord Flasheart: So what time did u leave? to get back at 6 a.m.? - (Oh yeah, gone are the days of spending a penny
to spend a penny !!
-but I think you'll find if your desperate enuf, it's worth every penny! :D )

It was good to meet u. U remind me very much of a Danish gentleman who works with me. So each time I see him it reminds me of you. You are very similar facially/feature-wise

It was cool to hang out wit u all!! (even if i can't remember all your names,-I still recall your faces!)

TG

ok what do i look like then tg?

And what do I look like?*

* trick question to see who's paying attention ;)

Re: salty little thingies

thermal garbage said:
It was cool to hang out wit u all!![/B] (even if i can't remember all your names,-I still recall your faces!)
You poor unfortunate woman. I imagine you could get counselling on the NHS.

I could grow to like the little green salty thinks.

Unripe almonds.

A great unconvention, and the first time I've been on a meet.

Probably talked rubbish as usual.

melf said:
ok what do i look like then tg?

OK, You had a long black (kinda satin-like) shirt which had laces loosely criss-crossed across the front, and black jeans, and long hair and beard/gotee!

You're nice and easy to remember Melf :) (as you are similar to your avatar!) - You made me a nice cocktail in the Troll a night or two before the Uncon.

I wanted to chat with you and a few others far more than I did but I was not sat/positioned in the best of place to converse with everyone!
(plus I'm a tad shy at times!:blush: )

Spooky, you arrived in Spirit, with a bleep, then in form of a text message!! !) (I was taking notice!;) )

Originally posted by beakboo

You poor unfortunate woman. I imagine you could get counselling on the NHS.

I see them daily, :eek!!!!: when I shut my eyes, you are there, when I wake in the morning your all there!! :eek:

'It all started doctor with....with.... a post, then Ethelread's 'Spongmonkeys', got in my head, dancing in trees with thier bowler hats and geeetars!, and as for the salted green things- well, .......I can't take it any more!!.......'

TG

posted the following on the UNCON thread cos I'm not very bright and am distracted by having to work

home at last

being abducted by space aliens on Friday night was certainly a memorable experience

we went to the moon and I have the pictures to prove it

they very kindly replaced me and Posh Bird with a couple of shape changers who had the amazing ability to appear on photographs as two pissed people

which is fortunate for the wanker who ran that last boozer we tried to get into with his "Nobody told me there was a convention and I only got a skeleton staff so I cant serve you"

is it incumbent upon the Commonwealth Institute to warn every pub within a 2 mile radius that they may expect their takings to increase when there is a convention?

that aside, our alien replacements had a fab time meeting Fortean humans and say they owe somebody a pint

BW or Melf for the 'Person who is actually their Avatar in real life' Award 2003?

votes on a postcard please...

Posh Bird kept saying "What a delightful group of people". I think she was expecting pointed teeth and red eyes and twitching

discovered some new pals and the joys of salted baby green almonds - Charles Forts own snack

it would be nice to do that every couple of months, but most of you lot insist upon living in rediculous made-up parts of the country. Like there really is somewhere called Plymouth?

move to Northumberland now. Be about it

melf said:
mana still has some left i imagine :D
sorry still dont know were the britannia is
not never mind (and in the words of togs "mussen grumble")

Hey Melf! :)

-Prob no big deal u don't know where it is as..

...I have this feeling the Britannia is not in our good books!! [despite it housing some FT's earlier on in the evening], and as my 4 friends [also all in black] entered on Sunday, I saw the bar-ladies face drop as I headed off to the back room to see if any FT's were huddled there- Directions to the Britannia:Comin out of the Scarsdale, swing IMMEDIATELY left beside its railings, so ur walking down beside the pub down a back alley, (whole bunch of forteans down a back alley late at night was funny!) At the end of the alley you wiggle few paces slighly to the left to, inorder to join the rd ahead, to kinda keep on going in a straight line).Three streets over (from the Scarsdale) and swing immediate left once more, The Britannia is there!!)

thermal garbage said:
...I have this feeling the Britannia is not in our good books!!SIZE]

the Brittania has the pleasant company I'd enjoyed earlier and the calming influence of Posh Bird to thank for the fact that their burning dustbins did not come through their windows shortly after that fat bastard told us he wouldnt serve us since he only had a skeleton staff and nobody had told him to expect a convention

I suggested he delete the word 'Public' from the Public House sign above the door. Fat bald fart what he was

makes you wonder what the hell the FT staff had been up to earlier??

I think our reputation must procead us... :sad:

I asked mr Ricard if he and other members of the staf would like to join some of the people from the message board for a quick drink afterwards on sunday but alas it was not to be :(
either they had to head back to Exeter straight after as he said or Mark has warned him about us :laughing:

The Britt battle cruiser

Yeah, I am still upset with him, coz when I walked in he said,

"You can't go back there, I'm closing the back room." I explained 'the rest of our group' was back there'; he then said 'You can't come to a pub this time of night, and expect to get served! "

- It was only around 10.30p.m.-way before last orders- He lost a lot of money by not serving us!

Oh well, what he lost the 'gaybar/pub' gained I guess!! :)

I got major 'earache' from Adrian V ;) on the journey (tube) home for showing u guys to the Britt !! (taking u guys from a pub that served beer to one that stopped as soon as we walked in!)

- I think we should set AV on the landlord!

TG

thermal garbage said:
Hey Melf! :)

-Prob no big deal u don't know where it is as..

...I have this feeling the Britannia is not in our good books!! [despite it housing some FT's earlier on in the evening], and as my 4 friends [also all in black] entered on Sunday, I saw the bar-ladies face drop as I headed off to the back room to see if any FT's were huddled there- Directions to the Britannia:Comin out of the Scarsdale, swing IMMEDIATELY left beside its railings, so ur walking down beside the pub down a back alley, (whole bunch of forteans down a back alley late at night was funny!) At the end of the alley you wiggle few paces slighly to the left to, inorder to join the rd ahead, to kinda keep on going in a straight line).Three streets over (from the Scarsdale) and swing immediate left once more, The Britannia is there!!)

thanx tg but me andro tomsk flash found the hansom carridge

Mana said:
My opinion of the Trolls'
"The bar is not real. It's like Eastenders, it's not real!"
What? What?? The Troll, my dear Mana, is a living breathing entity, not to mention the most popular thread on the board (ahem ahem :))

It's nothing like Eastenders! For one, Caroline is nothing like Barbara Windsor (except in stature) and does this make me Phil Mitchell or Shane Ritchie?

Oh yeah, and Flash - you're welcome :).

I was in the Britannia Saturday and Sunday night. Both nights till kicking out time. Maybe I'm thick skinned (which I know I'm not) but I didn't get any hassle.

Re: The Britt battle cruiser

thermal garbage said:
I got major 'earache' from Adrian V ;) on the journey (tube) home for showing u guys to the Britt !! (taking u guys from a pub that served beer to one that stopped as soon as we walked in!)

- I think we should set AV on the landlord!

TG

Bloody right an all!!! :mad: It was actually more fun staying and giving you a hard time than it would have been going to another pub :D

Oh, and the reason I don't answer when people call me Adrian, is because it isn't my real name! I hear people calling "Adrian, Adrian!!" and I just think they're performing the final scene from Rocky :)

give it time, it'll come to you...

Adrian Veidt said:
Nah, that was Mr T in Rocky III

Mr. T said "You are too bold, Mr. Darcy" at the end of Rocky III

youre thinking of Doris Day in Oaklahoma

No, no, no. Doris Day said "Get away from her you Bitch!!!"

You're thinking of that film from her early career that she never talks about "Weapons of Ass Destruction"

Back