• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Underground City In The Great Smoky Mountains National Park?

gerhard1

Abominable Snowman
This is an interesting find in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Is it for real?

some of those photos in that video are of a real underground city, but one several thousand miles distant - Derinkuyu, in Cappadocia, Turkey. I went there back in the 90s.

An underground city is in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Is it for real? Where is the discovery video again I remember I watch it somewhere.

Is this the one?

Unfortunately it's not real

See the City for Yourself
For information about seeing the underground city in Cades Cove, don’t check back here. This entire story has been an April Fools’ Day joke! To the best of our knowledge, there aren’t any subterranean cities located beneath the Smoky Mountains.

According to David Paulides, they are mysterious disappearances in Smoky Mountains.

According to Paulides there are 'mysterious disappearances' at most of the state and national parks.
He has written several books and made many videos...it's become a money maker for him.
I'm not saying people don't go missing but this is to be expected at many of the parks that are quite large and rugged in some places. He has tried to link this to both Bigfoot and even 'unknown beings'. Some have been linked to predators.But he never comes right out and says this. I watched his videos over a year ago...and he has a website also.
Some of the missing cases are strange but again when you are dealing with so many people who go hiking on their own in wild places....shite happens.

The terrain in and around the Smoky Mountains National Park is quite rugged, and insufficiently cautious hikers have been disappearing there for as long as I can remember.

I would be more surprised if people didn't go missing in US national parks, they're big places and can be wild.

^I recall reading about that tale a few years ago.....one would think that if there were any truth in it US archaeologists would have jumped all over it to look for artifacts.

Back