• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Unexpectedly Finding Your Own Name In A Fortean Story!

Trevp666

Beloved of Ra
Whilst reading my latest FT I got to the continued story about PC Alan Godfrey. I wondered if he was still alive so checked his name on Wikipedia.
Well, I was amazed to find that the only reference to him on there was the following;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zigmund_Adamski

Now, my name is Trevor Parker, so imagine my surprise to see that was the name of the guy who found the body of Zigmund Adamski (no relation to George Adamski, but odd all the same), and also how odd that this event took place some months before PC Godfreys own experience with his UFO.

All rather spooky really.

I find it really interesting that Alan Godfrey was involved in this shortly before his run in with a UFO. As a complete skeptic regarding alien abduction, to me at least this sounds like it could have been what sowed the seeds of his later story.

I've known about Alan Godfrey for years and the other case, in fact its more likely than not that the stories have appeared in the same programme or publication but I never heard that they were connected. Maybe that's another detail like the 'Greys' natty little caps and uniforms that have disappeared from the Barney and Betty hill case because they sound so improbable.

oldrover said:
Maybe that's another detail like the 'Greys' natty little caps and uniforms that have disappeared from the Barney and Betty hill case because they sound so improbable.

Not to mention the aliens' very large noses - a bit of cosmetic surgery on that tale, maybe?

Yes it is funny how the Greys noses went from clearly discernible to little snub to nostrils to nothing and how film and TV has managed to guess correctly exactly where they are on the disappearing nose spectrum all along. Also the eyes get more cinematic as time goes on.

Got to say though the little drawing of the Grey with the cap looking like Marlon Brando in 'The Wild One' will always be my favourite.

Interesting article on the main page about Alan Godfrey, but no mention of his connection, noted by the OP, with UFOs just six months before.

I think it's tempting to assume that, since your name is part of your individual identity, it is unique. However, this is rarely the case. I have a very rare and unusual maiden name (my first name is not that common but not that eccentric) and a few years ago was startled to receive an email from a girl with exactly the same first name and surname. She had been trying to get into her Friends Reunited account and realised there was more than one account for "her". By coincidence, we both practised in the same area of the law in London and although she was a couple of years older than me and at another firm we both agreed there was a risk that one of us might be mistaken for the other, so she now uses her middle name to distinguish us. We stayed in correspondence and worked out we were distantly related (our common ancestor was from the area her family still lived in, dating back to about the 1840's). I met her once for a drink: disappointingly (or perhaps not?!) we don't look alike. A nice bit of synchronicity though that I look back on fondly, and indeed we're still in touch.

Reactions: Ger
Yes it is funny how the Greys noses went from clearly discernible to little snub to nostrils to nothing and how film and TV has managed to guess correctly exactly where they are on the disappearing nose spectrum all along. Also the eyes get more cinematic as time goes on.

Got to say though the little drawing of the Grey with the cap looking like Marlon Brando in 'The Wild One' will always be my favourite.
Looks very much like the demon that Aleister Crowley sketched after calling it from the abyss..although his was more Mickey Rooney than Marlon Brando.

Thanks EnolaGaia; looking forward to reading that later!

Back