• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Unexplained Water

Earlier this week I kept feeling drops of water fall on my hands and sure enough there'd be a tiny droplet where it fell. We were on honeymoon in Spain at the time and the drips fell about five/six times in different locations, indoors and out with no explanation and no clear place they'd fallen from. At one point I felt I'd stepped in a puddle and had water on my foot but there was no puddle to be seen and no water splash on the pavement! The last time it happened was when we returned home to England and I was standing in my kitchen and a drop fell onto my face... Weird! I've felt phantom drips before, with no actual drips present but this time was different.
Should maybe mention that we had a death in the family on Monday last week but I'm reluctant to suggest this has anything to do with it.
Should also mention that it did rain torrentially one day while we were on hols but each time the drips fell it was 28 degrees and blazing sunshine (or indoors!)

the first house we owned had a few strange aspects, in the tiny powder room tucked next to our bedroom, there was a circular spot on the wall where water condensed. maybe about 3 inches across. it became very apparent when we repapered the room and used a metallic wallpaper. there was never enough water for it to drip or run down the wall. there was always just this beaded condensation/fogged area. if you tried to wipe it up. it just came back. there were no water pipes in this area, and no reason for the water to be condensing in this spot, it wasnt from steam, it just was always there. a few times i put my hand on it, asked for information, and meditated, but no information ever seemed
to come. im willing to believe the water the OP found on the table might have some paranormal source. but i would have NEVER drunk any. but now that i think about it, maybe i should have tried to collect some. it might have been...useful.

the first house we owned had a few strange aspects, in the tiny powder room tucked next to our bedroom, there was a circular spot on the wall where water condensed. maybe about 3 inches across. it became very apparent when we repapered the room and used a metallic wallpaper. there was never enough water for it to drip or run down the wall. there was always just this beaded condensation/fogged area. if you tried to wipe it up. it just came back. there were no water pipes in this area, and no reason for the water to be condensing in this spot, it wasnt from steam, it just was always there. a few times i put my hand on it, asked for information, and meditated, but no information ever seemed
to come. im willing to believe the water the OP found on the table might have some paranormal source. but i would have NEVER drunk any. but now that i think about it, maybe i should have tried to collect some. it might have been...useful.
Mostly in the winter but occasionally in the summer, I have to use a dehumidifier in the living room or I find the window and the inner surface of the outside wall will be covered in condensation every morning. It takes about 2 litres of water from the air every 24 hours. So the water is in the atmosphere all the time, it just needs to hit a cool surface to become liquid.
Could it be that the damp area on your wall was once repaired with a less than suitable type of plaster? Perhaps it was somehow cooler than the rest of the wall and so collected condensation more readily. There is always the chance that it wasn't repaired with plaster at all, but cement or concrete.

Mostly in the winter but occasionally in the summer, I have to use a dehumidifier in the living room or I find the window and the inner surface of the outside wall will be covered in condensation every morning. It takes about 2 litres of water from the air every 24 hours. So the water is in the atmosphere all the time, it just needs to hit a cool surface to become liquid.
Could it be that the damp area on your wall was once repaired with a less than suitable type of plaster? Perhaps it was somehow cooler than the rest of the wall and so collected condensation more readily. There is always the chance that it wasn't repaired with plaster at all, but cement or concrete.
Well I guess it could have been repaired incorrectly as you suggest, but it didn't seem to be any different than the rest of the wall. There weren't any humidifiers in use, and the presence of the water was not related to use of water in the powder room. It was just always there. I'm going to go with your suggestion as plausible. Thanks for your thoughts!

Back