• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Unfortunate Rubber Dress Mishap

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
This is a story I just remembered someone telling me wayback, possibly as a bit of a FOAFtale.

A woman goes out to a rock club wearing a skin tight rubber dress, later in the evening she's dancing on a packed dance floor and just as she strikes a pose, the rubber splits clean down the lentgh of the dress and the whole thing twangs away from her across the dance floor, leaving her stood there stark naked.

Can say I've ever known a rubber garment to split like that, that said, i haven't worn that many.

Seems plausible I suppose if the rubber was a bit overstretched.

I suspect some exaggeration. Even if it split, I can't see it twanging away. There would surely be bits still slightly attached - at armholes..unless it was one of those sheath dresses.

Without a video I'm doubtful. There isn't a video is there?..

Unsurprisingly, I've more than a little experience of rubber garments ( though mostly trying to bite my way into them) and any full length affair won't ping away like that, even if split asunder. Decent rubber clothing isn't cheap and has to be well made to resist the forces pulling it back to "rest".
Stuff like cheap thin rubber skirts might tear (the ones that, when not being worn, are about 12" x 8", no matter the size they are supposed to stretch to), but I doubt any lady would get as far as as a dance floor - it will be over her hips and more like a belt before she is out of her own front door. The sort of stuff which looks so fantastic in photos isn't really fit to be worn out and about, it's bedroom wear. Or maybe for a private dungeon.

At a gig, years ago, a friend showed me how spandex tops would disintegrate with a judicious "accidental" application of a lighted cigarette to the back, around where a bra clasp might be - one minute the lass is looking great, all intact, and the next she's fighting some titanic titty-spillage and the view gets better all round. Unfortunately, he was stupid enough do it more than once on the same evening, and got a "good talking to" by a couple of pissed-off boyfriends.

Years ago a mate asked me if I could put a friend of his up in my flat for the night as she couldn't get home. He knew that I could be trusted and told her so. She was 19, rock/goth and absolutely gorgeous.

We got back to my flat and she went to the bathroom to put a nightie on. The rubber outfit she was wearing somehow shrunk down to a ridiculousy small size, which amazed me.

All my nighties are spare.

giphy.gif

maximus otter

This is a story I just remembered someone telling me wayback, possibly as a bit of a FOAFtale. A woman goes out to a rock club wearing a skin tight rubber dress, later in the evening she's dancing on a packed dance floor and just as she strikes a pose, the rubber splits clean down the lentgh of the dress and the whole thing twangs away from her across the dance floor, leaving her stood there stark naked. Can say I've ever known a rubber garment to split like that, that said, i haven't worn that many.
Seems plausible I suppose if the rubber was a bit overstretched.

Not so far fetched. I was in Melbourne Australia some years ago and friends had coaxed me into seeing a performance of Circus Oz. The performance wasn't bad but the performers were avid lefties and were laying the propaganda on a bit thick to a captive audience. Anyhow the lady ringmaster had a rubber dress on, and at the end she did a big arms flung wide ta-daa style presentation and the press stud on the back of her dress went twang exposing what must be said were a very aethetically pleasing pair of tits. I think everyone has had that public nudity nightmare, well, she got it IRL Everyone applauded wildly (unsurprizingly), not quite sure if it was deliberate or improv burlesque. Next the wench faceplants and sort of scurries out of the ring using her fingers and toes for motion like a bug, trying to remain out of eye level and keeping her mammaries out of sight. I'm enough of a sexist misanthrope to say it made my evening.

The thing about these dresses is that unless the girl has a near perfect body they just look like a badly arranged stack of tires.

(slips slowly down into bunker and securely bolts the hatch)

Last edited:
To be fair, as I said, she was gorgeous. She now lives in New Zealand so hardly only ever see her if she comes back to England.

Back