Unhappy Houses & Odd Happenings

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Vida Loca. This will sound weird but when my daughter was trying to sell her house I read an article that said if you bury a statue of St. Joseph in front of the doorstep you will sell a house.
I bought a nativity set from an opshop and she buried the little figurine.
Sure enough the house sold soon after.
Might have been coincidence but she had been getting worried about selling.

Sollywos

Junior Acolyte
Hi Vida Loca, I can understand why you are getting so fed up! In between houses is a distressing enough time as it is but when it drags on and on it's even worse. The only positive I can put on it is that maybe the delay is for a good reason and that something else further down/up the line needs to slot into place first. And maybe you'll never find out what it was as it was really for someone elses destiny to work out? I've had some awful moves in my time so I'm not wishing to make light of it and I do hope everything slots into place for you soon!

Sollywos x

I was also looking for any online link to what I recall as an episode of, 'House Detectives'.

Duly investigating an old house with potentially interesting history, in a bedroom, one wall is emblazed with a 'Biblical' script intended to, 'ward off evil'.

Really fascinating... anyone help with this?
Still searching and I will find.

Meantime, have to locate this as well.

In another episode, they are exploring the history of an ancient house - maybe once a medieval priory or something like that?

There are remnants of a building underneath and Dan Cruikshank enquires of the lady owner, did she undertake any measures to maybe shore up the foundations.

Lady owner explains that she had indeed employed a couple of builders.

Alas, whilst working one day, both rapidly emerged from the foundations, in a state of panic, exclaiming, 'We're never going back down there again' and that was the last she ever heard from them.

Still searching and I will find.

Meantime, have to locate this as well.

In another episode, they are exploring the history of an ancient house - maybe once a medieval priory or something like that?

There are remnants of a building underneath and Dan Cruikshank enquires of the lady owner, did she undertake any measures to maybe shore up the foundations.

Lady owner explains that she had indeed employed a couple of builders.

Alas, whilst working one day, both rapidly emerged from the foundations, in a state of panic, exclaiming, 'We're never going back down there again' and that was the last she ever heard from them.
The builders must have been British :miner:

Vida Loca

Devoted Cultist
Odd happening involving a house. Went out to celebrate St Patricks Day ( only now am I recovered). We were walking up a hill to a music venue and it has houses where the living room windows reach almost to the pavement - they are very old houses. As we walked past one of them out of the corner of my eye I could see into one of them as the light was on and there were no curtains. It had a large window. This was around 6pm. I quickly glanced as I passed not to be nosey and could see a couple of people and the usual sofa set up. I thought no more about it until on the way back down the hill around 8pm or so. The house was in darkness and I don't know why but I glanced in again. It was well lit from a streetlight nearby. The room was empty and I mean empty - no carpet or anything. Can't work it out. Maybe they moved out or perhaps moved everything out of the room to decorate or something. Anyway it really puzzled me. No it wasn't down to intoxication that came later. :boozing:

Odd happening involving a house. Went out to celebrate St Patricks Day ( only now am I recovered). We were walking up a hill to a music venue and it has houses where the living room windows reach almost to the pavement - they are very old houses. As we walked past one of them out of the corner of my eye I could see into one of them as the light was on and there were no curtains. It had a large window. This was around 6pm. I quickly glanced as I passed not to be nosey and could see a couple of people and the usual sofa set up. I thought no more about it until on the way back down the hill around 8pm or so. The house was in darkness and I don't know why but I glanced in again. It was well lit from a streetlight nearby. The room was empty and I mean empty - no carpet or anything. Can't work it out. Maybe they moved out or perhaps moved everything out of the room to decorate or something. Anyway it really puzzled me. No it wasn't down to intoxication that came later. :boozing:
Perhaps they'd cleared the room for a pending celebration of their own?