• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Unnoticed Predictions That Came True

gattino

Justified & Ancient
Well bugger me sideways.

On the parapsychology forum there is an ongoing thread "are all psychics fakes?". I was surprised going back to page one of it to see the thread was started over 14 years ago, directly following 9/11. I'm therefore fairly sure all the participants over the years will have neglected to notice or recall one of the very early responses to the original posters claim no one had predicted the event. He linked to a webpage where people post and date their visions. The page still exists and going down to the month in question one individual posted something quite startling on the 5th of September 2001.

"In the last week I've been having a very vivid premonition of a plane - looks like a commercial, passenger aircraft - crashing into a skyscraper and exploding into flames. I think it's in the US - possibly Chigago?
I also foresee two deaths taking place in the Royal family, one soon after the other.
Finally, I have an impression of an assassination attempt on the Palestininan leader Yasser Arafat. I'm not sure about this, but I think an explosion is involved.
Posted 5 September 2001 by Zak Martin [email protected]"

The hijacked planes crashed in the World Trade Centre 6 days later.
Princess Margaret and the Queen Mother died one month apart in February and March 2002.
Arafat died in 2004, now widely suspected of being the victim of assassination by polonium poisoning.
prediction.JPG

Hmm, interesting!

He only mentions one aircraft hitting a skyscraper - but if he had several premonitions, he may not have realised that they covered two separate but closely related events (to give him the benefit of the doubt).

As for the Queen Mum and Margaret, the first was very old, and the other had not lived too wisely, so their deaths were to be expected.

I'm not too familiar with the Arafat death, but the statement about an explosion seems well off the mark.

But as I said, interesting!

An assassination attempt on a political leader in an unstable region is not much of an out there prediction, and as Rynner said Arafat's death doesn't seem to be explosion related.

I offered up Arafat's fate to complete the list...the "psychic" in question clearly states "think" "not Sure" "impression" in that particular case, distinct from the assertions in the first two. (Nor have I googled to see if ther was an assassination attempt of the more obvious kind at the time.) I think saying "it wasn't explosion related" is akin to saying the first one's reference to chicago (question mark) rather than new york marks it out as not relevant to the events of the following week after all. It's the timing and nature of the description/ "vision" which is noteworthy. While the Queen Mother was over 100 by then and her death inevitable, I take issue with there being anything predictible about Margaret preceding her mother so closely, however fond she was of a tipple. Certainly if there were any such predictions of doom in the more generally gossipy sense ala Amy Whinehouse I don't recall them.

Now, however, the more genuine fly in the ointment. The author of that particular posting (all the others, by other people are very much post9/11 plane crashes and disasters in otehr global cities, all of course nonsense) as you see is one Zak Martin. When one goes to the top of the page that name reappears above the page heading in small print "Zak Martin presents" British Psychics. The problem this presents is an obvious one...it suggests a likelihood he's in charge of the webpage, which means its not inconcievable to a cynic that he could have later re-edited it (though countering that of course, if he had why not make it more accurate?Being slightly wrong doesn't make it more persuasive after all, as we've seen here!). Certainly the prediction must have originally been there in September 2001 as there's a link to it (but which does not quote the content) on these forums dated that month. And there is zero evidence that he doctored his past postings. But it remains somethign that one can concieve as having happened, which undermines what appears to be a very convincing display of prophecy.

Sollog is known for his predictions for 9/11. I think he got a visit from the FBI afterwards.

He posted his first prediction in 1998, going unnoticed. He then posted the same prediction the day before 9/11 and got a lot of publicity.

Now, however, the more genuine fly in the ointment. The author of that particular posting (all the others, by other people are very much post9/11 plane crashes and disasters in otehr global cities, all of course nonsense) as you see is one Zak Martin. When one goes to the top of the page that name reappears above the page heading in small print "Zak Martin presents" British Psychics. The problem this presents is an obvious one...it suggests a likelihood he's in charge of the webpage, which means its not inconcievable to a cynic that he could have later re-edited it (though countering that of course, if he had why not make it more accurate?Being slightly wrong doesn't make it more persuasive after all, as we've seen here!). Certainly the prediction must have originally been there in September 2001 as there's a link to it (but which does not quote the content) on these forums dated that month. And there is zero evidence that he doctored his past postings. But it remains somethign that one can concieve as having happened, which undermines what appears to be a very convincing display of prophecy.

Something got edited anyway. According to the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, that posting was originally credited to "Psychic1" not Zak Martin. It remained that way for about 2 years and only got changed in 2003. Sadly, there's no snapshot of that page between Sept 5th and Sept 11th. The page is easily editable HTML - the predictions were likely added manually. No timestamps. Zak Martin, the owner of the site, certainly has the means (and motive) to add a fairly accurate prediction after the event.

'Polonium' sounds a bit like 'plutonium', which makes some people think of explosions.

Back