• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Unraveling The Science Behind UFO Technology

Really, all you need to go faster than light is for the particles in the FTL ship to make their mass invisible to the gravitational effects of other particles. Now we know the Higgs Boson is real, we just need to find how to disrupt the field it generates, and we're off.

AlchoPwn,

Disrupting the Higgs field may not be such a good idea.

If it is even possible.

INT21.

Coal,

From Post #2 above.

Slightly sceptical myself, but I look forward to earth-shattering physics...

AlchoPwn may have the answer.. Just disrupt the Higgs field and take away the mass of every particle.

Should work.

INT21.

Bummer !, the link I posted is not allowed, But anyone who wants to check it can Google 'New Year McCandlish...',

In the introduction to this video it says that McCandlish has had dozens of ufo sightings since 1966, An he alludes to what is loosely called 'The Illuminati' . A group who posses knowledge denied to others and who essentially run the world.

These two items alone make me dubious.

But I will continue to consider the rest of your story.

Your inference that there was no physics before Einstein is false. Of course there was. What do you think he based his own studies on ?

INT21

Isn't Mark McCandlish an artist ? not any kind of physicist or mathematician.

INT21

AlchoPwn, Disrupting the Higgs field may not be such a good idea. If it is even possible. INT21.

Imagine if our ancestors had said the same thing about the use of fire? Gravity is an immensely weak force. It is so weak that a whole planetary mass of gravity can't even stop a human being from jumping. Nullifying the effect of mass on other masses is only important as a spacecraft approaches light-speed, as it will potentially allow that to be exceeded. IMO, it is all too likely that gravity already travels faster than light.

If gravity depends upon mass, and mass is provided by the Higgs field, which, I understand, pervades the universe, then I suspect that gravity doesn't travel at all.

INT21.

Back in the early 20th century, the results of electrical experiments were sometimes naively attributed to "anti-gravity".
Now though, scientific knowledge has advanced significantly and we understand the lifting and propulsion effects to be caused by magnetic fields and ion winds.

Sorry for the delayed reply, we have had some home plumbing issues that have distracted me, so I'm not ignoring you.

Ya know, back in the 1960's General Electric was forced to search the United States to locate an intact Gatling Gun. They finally found one in a museum that was willing to let them take it apart provided that they promised they could put back together. GE had to send out a team of expert mechanical engineers to fulfill that promise, but the important part is the reason behind this, and which was that the information available at the time wasn't precise enough to be sure how this weapon operated and so a team of experts had to disassemble the weapon just to be able to understand how it worked. Our arrogance about being so much smarter is greatly over estimated.

Gambier,

The above account seems highly unlikely to me.

What is your source for the story ?

I should imagine any military armorer who worked on them knew exactly how they operated. And it isn't all that far back in time.

INT21

Ya know, back in the 1960's General Electric was forced to search the United States to locate an intact Gatling Gun. They finally found one in a museum that was willing to let them take it apart provided that they promised they could put back together.
Do you have a source for that story?

If gravity depends upon mass, and mass is provided by the Higgs field, which, I understand, pervades the universe, then I suspect that gravity doesn't travel at all.

INT21.

Ask yourself how do we define gravity because we talk about gravity in terms of weight. So then, wouldn't you say that gravity is the weight of a mass?

See, Einstein thought mass had a kind of energy field which he called gravity. Now of course he had reasons for doing this, nevertheless, it is the fundamental failing in Einstein's version of reality and it carries with it a heavy price, because In fact mass has no gravity as Einstein conjectured. Gravity is not an autonomous energy field that Einstein assumed mass possessed. Gravity is, in fact, the product of another exterior autonomous energy field that creates the specific medium of which all matter exists in, and we know this because of variables applied such as distance, phase, and vector can have immediate effects on the weight of a mass. We can also artificially alter the immediate specific medium a mass is existing in and thereby alter it's specific weight as well.

Understand that Ken Wheeler is mostly known for popularizing and revitalizing the physics which predate Einstein. Wheeler didn't discover counter space, that's a term invented by Charles Proteus Steinmetz, and it's an important part of understanding the physics of reality. Einstein's physics are mathematical based conjectures beginning with the fundamentally flawed concept of gravity as a quote "autonomous field modality."

Now I don't expect you to automatically see everything that this video is telling you. It's the same video as the one on the first page. I've watched this video several times and continue to return back to it.

Now Wheeler has a strong sense of humor, albeit a dry one, and in this video the thing to focus upon is not the accuracy of the experiment. That's neither here nor there. The thing to ask yourself is what is the medium because a medium is one thing that can alter the weight of a mass. This demonstration is actually an analogy because the medium you're living in is the Aether, which is an autonomous field modality. The Aether is the counter space of Charles Steinmetz. In the experiment the medium is the copper pipe. It really is of virtually no significance whether or not this demo proves there's a change in weight. What matters is understanding that a medium is what can cause a change in weight/gravity.

Fallacy of Gravity & Weight.

Ask yourself how do we define gravity because we talk about gravity in terms of weight. So then, wouldn't you say that gravity is the weight of a mass?

See, Einstein thought mass had a kind of energy field which he called gravity. Now of course he had reasons for doing this, nevertheless, it is the fundamental failing in Einstein's version of reality and it carries with it a heavy price, because In fact mass has no gravity as Einstein conjectured. Gravity is not an autonomous energy field that Einstein assumed mass possessed. Gravity is, in fact, the product of another exterior autonomous energy field that creates the specific medium of which all matter exists in, and we know this because of variables applied such as distance, phase, and vector can have immediate effects on the weight of a mass. We can also artificially alter the immediate specific medium a mass is existing in and thereby alter it's specific weight as well.

Understand that Ken Wheeler is mostly known for popularizing and revitalizing the physics which predate Einstein. Wheeler didn't discover counter space, that's a term invented by Charles Proteus Steinmetz, and it's an important part of understanding the physics of reality. Einstein's physics are mathematical based conjectures beginning with the fundamentally flawed concept of gravity as a quote "autonomous field modality."

Now I don't expect you to automatically see everything that this video is telling you. It's the same video as the one on the first page. I've watched this video several times and continue to return back to it.

Now Wheeler has a strong sense of humor, albeit a dry one, and in this video the thing to focus upon is not the accuracy of the experiment. That's neither here nor there. The thing to ask yourself is what is the medium because a medium is one thing that can alter the weight of a mass. This demonstration is actually an analogy because the medium you're living in is the Aether, which is an autonomous field modality. The Aether is the counter space of Charles Steinmetz. In the experiment the medium is the copper pipe. It really is of virtually no significance whether or not this demo proves there's a change in weight. What matters is understanding that a medium is what can cause a change in weight/gravity.

Fallacy of Gravity & Weight.
Sure.

Do you have a source for that story?

Yea, I do, I looked to find it before posting that because this is in a way cool book on Gatling Guns but didn't spot it. However I just found it, and this is really an interesting book all round. Read the reviews because this is a history book. Not a technical book. It isn't a how to build book. Those do exist naturally now days, but when I was researching those were impossible to find if they existed at all. Gatling Guns are not complex machines, but they are brilliantly designed machines and virtually impossible to jam, even misfires are simple carried throughout the whole cycle and ejected like spent casing so the machine typically only fails when something breaks or wears out.

The story of the revival of the Gatling Gun is told in this book by Joseph Berk. The Gatling Gun: 19th Century Machine Gun to 21st Century Vulcan https://www.amazon.com/Gatling-Gun-Century-Machine-Vulcan/dp/158160579X

I guess it must have been in the mid 1990's that the book came out because myself and a friend decided to see if we could find some information on Gatling Guns. Well we couldn't find much, no real illustrations, and only a couple sorry books, but then one day he shows up with this new book specifically on Gatling Guns so I will always remember the image on the dust cover. Now realize that's over 3 decades ago so hopefully I'm pretty accurate. I'm sure your library will probably have a copy or can get one.

... Ya know, back in the 1960's General Electric was forced to search the United States to locate an intact Gatling Gun. They finally found one in a museum that was willing to let them take it apart provided that they promised they could put back together. GE had to send out a team of expert mechanical engineers to fulfill that promise, but the important part is the reason behind this, and which was that the information available at the time wasn't precise enough to be sure how this weapon operated and so a team of experts had to disassemble the weapon just to be able to understand how it worked. Our arrogance about being so much smarter is greatly over estimated.

This version of the story is misleading or inaccurate in a number of ways.

The actual story involved firearms designer / manufacturer Melvin Johnson. As of 1945 he was a consultant to the Pentagon. The Army Air Force was looking into better aircraft armaments based on lessons learned during WW2. Johnson's colleague 'Doc' Howell suggested re-imagining the Gatling gun for aerial use. Johnson had to be persuaded before the two of them submitted a proposal to evaluate externally-powered rotating multi-barrel designs. USAAF approved the proposal and contracted Johnson's own company to test a Gatling gun stored by the Army at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. The tests, conducted in 1945, were impressive enough to motivate the Pentagon to contract General Electric to undertake what became the Vulcan aircraft system - field tested in 1949 and installed in fighters by the end of the 1950's.

The vintage Gatling gun Johnson used for the 1945 tests was purchased by Winchester and ended up in the Olin Mathieson company museum.

If GE needed to disassemble and analyze a vintage Gatling gun in the mid-1940's it would have come from the Army - no doubt from the same Aberdeen inventory as the one Johnson tested. The Vulcan project was kept under close wraps for its first decade, so it's unlikely a third party museum piece would have been solicited.

See: http://www.smallarmsreview.com/display.article.cfm?idarticles=3204

The Vulcan project was kept under close wraps for its first decade, so it's unlikely a third party museum piece would have been solicited.
I've seen Vulcan guns fired, quite terrifying.

This version of the story is misleading or inaccurate in a number of ways.
The actual story involved firearms designer / manufacturer Melvin Johnson. As of 1945 he was a consultant to the Pentagon. The Army Air Force was looking into better aircraft armaments based on lessons learned during WW2. Johnson's colleague 'Doc' Howell suggested re-imagining the Gatling gun for aerial use. Johnson had to be persuaded before the two of them submitted a proposal to evaluate externally-powered rotating multi-barrel designs. USAAF approved the proposal and contracted Johnson's own company to test a Gatling gun stored by the Army at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. The tests, conducted in 1945, were impressive enough to motivate the Pentagon to contract General Electric to undertake what became the Vulcan aircraft system - field tested in 1949 and installed in fighters by the end of the 1950's.

The vintage Gatling gun Johnson used for the 1945 tests was purchased by Winchester and ended up in the Olin Mathieson company museum.

If GE needed to disassemble and analyze a vintage Gatling gun in the mid-1940's it would have come from the Army - no doubt from the same Aberdeen inventory as the one Johnson tested. The Vulcan project was kept under close wraps for its first decade, so it's unlikely a third party museum piece would have been solicited.

See: http://www.smallarmsreview.com/display.article.cfm?idarticles=3204

Just possibly after 3 decades my memory of the story has become imprecise. Quite likely I'm mixing accounts of people & Gatling Guns. Nevertheless, it's not like anyone else had thought of "re-imagining" the Gatling Gun; a highly dubious and suspect proposition to say the least. That's like saying let's re-imagine the perfect sitting chair. Basically you're still going to have the perfect sitting chair no matter what you do if you still want to have the quote "perfect chair." So it's like that.

The whole idea here is to question this assumption that people in the past were stupid or naive. That's the point. This arrogance we have about being so much smarter, or knowing more than people in the past, says more about us than them.

It sounds plausible but I have this memory that there was a reason they have to go searching for another Gatling Gun. Maybe I'm mixing accounts but I don't think so. I think that because Gatling guns did change there was some reason that they wanted to find and take apart a different gun. Anyways, whether or not I'm remembering this story correctly or not I still recommend the book I previously cited as a historical account of the whole.

I've seen Vulcan guns fired, quite terrifying.

All guns are both terrifying and beautiful in some sense. The Gatling though is something so different, so far ahead of its' time, and it's design is so fundamentally simple that it's both fool proof and yet brilliant. A Gatling works on a cam and sliding block principle. It's almost impossible to jam. As far as I know it is jam proof.

I think it's in the same book but the US Army tested a Gatling a few years before the Great War, like around 1904 or something, and I think they even fitted one with an electric motor and recorded some phenomenal rate of fire for that epoch of time, even for today, something like 4,000 rounds per minute. The Army said it seemed to function pretty much flawlessly but that they could conceive of no possible use for a gun that could sustain such a high rate of fire. Crazy huh?

If someone comes up with the book and reads it they can report back on my memory. :)

Really, all you need to go faster than light is for the particles in the FTL ship to make their mass invisible to the gravitational effects of other particles. Now we know the Higgs Boson is real, we just need to find how to disrupt the field it generates, and we're off.

Umm... You think so huh? Well OK then; I mean seriously you haven't listened to one thing or else you would know how misguided this idea is.
Counter space is the medium you're living in. It is the Ocean of the Universe. It is a dielectric 2D energy field moving at billions of times the speed of light. It is the medium that creates the magnetic field and without it you cease to exist. The magnetic field gives all matter it's third dimension. I'm told particles don't exist but even if they did particles would not have gravity. Gravity is not a field. Matter is not born with gravity.

Faster than light is not fast enough. You're not anywhere near fast enough to matter. It's 4 light years to the nearest star. OK? We need a much greater speed than light speed. Aliens cannot be coming here without themselves having a much greater speed than light speed.

You're talking about a supposed form of physics, more akin to Voodoo really, and that's offering you a maybe Ox Cart. Meanwhile, I'm telling you about a real physics that's just offered all of us a pretty sure thing more in line with a F-16 jet fighter, I mean it's your choice obviously but why you insist on sticking with a voodoo science and an ox cart is beyond me.

Last edited:
One reason the 'theory' of 'counter-space' is not accepted is that it has not produced one single usable technological application yet. Relativity, on the other hand, has produced the cathode ray tube, the GPS positioning system, speed-guns and the atom bomb.

One reason the 'theory' of 'counter-space' is not accepted is that it has not produced one single usable technological application yet. Relativity, on the other hand, has produced the cathode ray tube, the GPS positioning system, speed-guns and the atom bomb.

You're living in a manufactured reality eburacum. Let's just examine one of those claims shall we?

I seriously doubt that Filo Farnsworth, a high school student living in Rigby, Idaho around about 1926 had any knowledge whatsoever of Albert Einstein unless he could read German and that his parents were somehow subscribing to the journal "annalen der Physik" before he was born.

Farnsworth was born in 1906. The paper Einstein published which later is credited with laying out the theory of special relativity is published in the journal Annelen der Physik in 1905 and it's entitled; Electrodynamics of moving bodies. Meanwhile back in Rigby, Idaho Filo sketched out the exact same cathode ray tube that was later used by RCA while in his chemistry class in high school and which places him in Rigby, Idaho in 1922.

Now do you seriously expect me to gulp down the absurd and think that for one second Albert Einstein anything to do with what Filo thought? Have you any idea what Rigby, Idaho is like today, and to think that Filo Farnsworth living in Rigby, Idaho at the turn of century could possibly have any understanding whatsoever of Albert Einsteins ideas is preposterous. Further more, Filo never believed in electron theory and was only forced in to using the name "electron gun," which he strongly resisted BTW. Farnsworth never believed in electron theory. Now what does all that tell you?

If you don't believe me then go do some research but relativity has absolutely no connection whatsoever to the creation of the cathode ray tube. As for the other claims I can't even imagine how incorrect those are likely to be, but they too probably make my version of the rebirth of Gatling Guns look like it was carved in stone by comparison.

Last edited:
Forget about this nonsense they are selling you as proven facts and instead focus on common sense. This system you're living in has a good reason for wanting you to believe the lies it tells. Just imagine the disaster that would take place in academia if Einstein was shown to be fundamentally in error about gravity, and I've already shown you that BTW, and just imagine all the out of work University Professors, not to mention the potential law suits. I mean who's gonna pay their student loan back for a masters in physic's when it's revealed to be essentially worthless bankrupted knowledge?

All of that is still just a side show compared to the what else might happen. You cannot expect to find information which runs contrary to the official version of reality if all you want to do is to subscribe to the idea that you know what they know, or that somehow the stories you're getting are factual and true.

Yes, it absolutely fucking is. The Alcubierre Drive is based a solution of Einstein's field equations. If these idiots don't believe in Einstein's field equations then they don't get to call anything an Alcubierre Drive. Is that plain enough for you?
Fucking should be, I would have thought... what a load of shite.

That would be Philo T. Farnsworth, I suppose? His nuclear fusor concept was also very impressive (although, ultimately, it is a failure as an energy production system). Farnsworth's basic designs need to be refined using relativistic math in order to be optimised, but they work nevertheless. And I'm sure that he did accept some sort of electron theory by the time he published his patent in 1933- which talks about 'discrete particles'. Sometimes we forget just how speculative nuclear physics was in the period before WWII.

Last edited:
Umm... You think so huh? Well OK then; I mean seriously you haven't listened to one thing or else you would know how misguided this idea is. Counter space is the medium you're living in. It is the Ocean of the Universe. It is a dielectric 2D energy field moving at billions of times the speed of light. It is the medium that creates the magnetic field and without it you cease to exist. The magnetic field gives all matter it's third dimension. I'm told particles don't exist but even if they did particles would not have gravity. Gravity is not a field. Matter is not born with gravity.

Sources?

Faster than light is not fast enough. You're not anywhere near fast enough to matter. It's 4 light years to the nearest star. OK? We need a much greater speed than light speed. Aliens cannot be coming here without themselves having a much greater speed than light speed.

Who can actually make claims that aliens are categorically coming here? Again, sources? As to travelling faster than light, well, life extension via nanotechnology seems a good medium term fix for that problem.

You're talking about a supposed form of physics, more akin to Voodoo really, and that's offering you a maybe Ox Cart. Meanwhile, I'm telling you about a real physics that's just offered all of us a pretty sure thing more in line with a F-16 jet fighter, I mean it's your choice obviously but why you insist on sticking with a voodoo science and an ox cart is beyond me.

I think you know you are quoting UFO site nonsense about pseudo-physics. If you aren't, go take out your patents and make a billion dollars, but if you are, perhaps you should admit the fact.

Last edited:
AlchoPwn's ideas about gravity and light-speed travel might have some similarity to the concept of the Woodward Mach-effect drive; this is based on the idea that mass, and particularly inertia, are dependent on the gravitational pull of all the rest of the universe. If you could somehow eliminate or moderate the pull of the rest of the universe, you could eliminate inertia and accelerate to any arbitrary speed.

The difficult part of this process is of course eliminating or moderating distant gravity effects. Probably not possible in real life, but it would be jolly nice.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodward_effect

Aliens cannot be coming here without themselves having a much greater speed than light speed.

Assuming aliens are travelling interstellar distances, it is not a given that they have to be travelling faster than the speed of light.

It could, for example, be that aliens are much longer lived than humans, so a 1000 human-year journey might not seem excessive to them. Perhaps they might perceive it as we might perceive a 6 month journey.

Or it could be that they live a similar amount of time as us but simply accept that interstellar journeys will take many lifetimes.

So FTL travel is not necessarily a necessity for practical interstellar travel.

INT21.

For functional purposes it does travel and is limited by the speed limit of this universe, so being massless it travels at the same speed as light.

We have confirmed examples now where gravitational waves detected by LIGO arrived at the same time as optical and radio emmissions from the source

http://theconversation.com/after-th...t-the-source-of-the-gravitational-waves-85106

Assuming aliens are travelling interstellar distances, it is not a given that they have to be travelling faster than the speed of light.

It could, for example, be that aliens are much longer lived than humans, so a 1000 human-year journey might not seem excessive to them. Perhaps they might perceive it as we might perceive a 6 month journey.

Or it could be that they live a similar amount of time as us but simply accept that interstellar journeys will take many lifetimes.

So FTL travel is not necessarily a necessity for practical interstellar travel.

Youtuber Isaac Arthur has done a number of videos around this theme, apparently it's undersirable to travel beyond about half of light speed using known technologies just because it's too far into diminishing returns on the use of resources.

Wouldn't bother travellers that were perhaps frozen, immortal or non-biological though it's still a long way to come for a butt probing expedition.

Gambeir,

As particles approach the speed of light, physics says that they approach infinite mass.

It would appear, from this , that anything traveling at multiples of the speed of light would have multiple mass infinity.

How do you explain that away ?

INT21

Back