• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Unusual Attacks

He said that as the women walked by, he spoke to one of them because he found her attractive.

Buckle said a heavyset woman in the group said something rude.

"She just started dogging me out, being loud and disrespectful," he said. "I think I called her an elephant and told her I wasn't talking to her."

The number of times a man addresses random women on the street respectfully and devolves to calling one of her friends an elephant and spitting within moments are vanishingly small. I think if we had audio we'd probably hear something along the lines of "Hey, mamacita, you hot! Wanna get it on? Wanna be in my movie?"

"Buzz off, dickwad, we ain't innerested!"

"I ain't talkin' to you, Jumbo!" And so on.

What the story as presented indicates is that nobody behaved appropriately. By all means, get the women, and their male friend for assault; but on that (minimal) evidence, this is a trivial use of the hate crime law, and the victim's attitude sets off all the alarm bells primed by experience of people for whom any woman who rejects them is automatically a man-hating lezbo and those so-called minorities need to stop whining 'cause straight white males are the real discrimination victims.

Further information may modify either or both of our opinions.

Yes, I have to say I read this and had limited sympathy for the "victim". It sounds very much as though he harrassed and abused the women, there was a bit of argy-bargy and then it all got out of control. As Peni says no one behaved terribly well but it's hard to see him as the victim of a hate crime.

Interesting responses. One of the assailants states they all joined in the attack because he was a man. No need for speculation about motives, but speculation is still used to somehow alter what was said to something less offensive.

Just try replacing the word man with n****er or pa*i and see how the piece reads then.

AMPHIARAUS said:
Interesting responses. One of the assailants states they all joined in the attack because he was a man. No need for speculation about motives, but speculation is still used to somehow alter what was said to something less offensive.

Just try replacing the word man with n****er or pa*i and see how the piece reads then.

I think it's reasonable to speculate that they went in mob-handed, so to speak, because he was a man and therefore they considered the bout a mismatch. It didn't strike me that they were saying they (including a man) beat him up because he was male.

ted_bloody_maul said:
I think it's reasonable to speculate that they went in mob-handed, so to speak, because he was a man and therefore they considered the bout a mismatch. It didn't strike me that they were saying they (including a man) beat him up because he was male.

There is insufficient info in that article to understand exactly what was said or why beyond them going back to finish him after the initial attack.

I have worked in female dominated environments and can attest to the strange behaviour and extreme possessiveness in some lesbian relationships, and the level of hate some have towards men. I wouldn't rule it out.

I have worked in female dominated environments and can attest to the strange behaviour and extreme possessiveness in some lesbian relationships, and the level of hate some have towards men. I wouldn't rule it out.

I accept that, but what I have seen far more often is men "complimenting" women they find attractive (generally by making some explicitly sexual comment) and then becoming abusive when the lucky recipient of their affections proves uninterested. At best it is tiresome, at worst it can be quite frightening.

The "victim" in this case is admitting that he "spoke to one of the women as he found her attractive" which I would translate as something along the lines of "phwoar, show us your tits love, you need a real man to give you one" or the American equivalent thereof and then, when one of her friends asked him to leave her alone "called her an elephant" which is probably a euphemism for an extremely abusive tirade about her weight and appearance. It would be wrong to say that he had it coming to him, but to call this a "hate crime" really is wide of the mark. It seems to me that a closer comparison would be a drunken white guy who decides to abuse some passing Blacks or Asians and ends up getting a kicking.

AMPHIARAUS said:
ted_bloody_maul said:

There is insufficient info in that article to understand exactly what was said or why beyond them going back to finish him after the initial attack.

Well there's insufficient information in that article to understand whether or not they (the women) did go back to finish him after the initial attack or not. In his account it sounds more like a man attacking him which would suggest the attack wasn't entirely motivated by lesbian hatred towards straight men. And given that there's insufficent info to understand what was said or why then it's not possible to say there can be no speculation with regards to what they meant.

Not so much an attack , except to himself :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6586879.stm

Man cuts off penis in restaurant

The man tried to gain access to the kitchen
A man cut off his penis with a knife in a packed London restaurant.
Police were forced to use CS gas to restrain the man when they entered the Zizzi restaurant in The Strand on Sunday evening.

A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said the man was aged between 30 and 40 and that his injuries were self-inflicted.

The man was then taken to hospital in south London where his condition is stable. It is understood surgeons were unable to reattach his penis.

The man then picked up a kitchen knife and slashed himself across the wrist and groin

A spokeswoman for Zizzi said the man was not thought to have any connection with the restaurant.

She said: "At around 9pm on Sunday, a man walked into the Zizzi restaurant on The Strand, down the stairs to the basement restaurant area and tried to enter a kitchen.

"Members of staff stopped him, at which he ran into a second kitchen area.

"The man then picked up a kitchen knife and slashed himself across the wrist and groin areas before running back into the restaurant, where he continued to stab himself.

"This happened in a matter of seconds and was obviously extremely frightening and distressing for the many customers and staff in the restaurant at the time."

She added: "Apart from the man, we understand that no-one else suffered any physical injuries."

Bet that'll sting a little bit in the morning.

Woman denied kebab-chuck damages
Monday, April 7, 2008

"A German court on Monday rejected a fast-food stall worker's demand that an irate customer pay her damages for throwing a half-eaten kebab at her.

The claim stemmed from an altercation in June at the woman's kebab outlet. The Munich administrative court said the customer unsuccessfully demanded his money back, then threw away the kebab.

The court said in a statement that the woman, who had claimed damages of at least €250 (£197), failed to prove her claim the customer had called her a 'stupid cow.'

She also claimed that he threw the kebab at her, and that she only narrowly avoided the projectile. However, the customer asserted that he had thrown it behind the counter, not at her.

The court said it didn't matter.

It ruled that the woman was not entitled to damages because being targeted with a kebab does not constitute a 'serious violation ... of human dignity and honor.' "

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.ht ... _page_id=2

Ringo Starr decapitated in revenge attack
Jack Malvern

LIVERPOOL Ringo Starr appears to have paid for his negative comments about Liverpool with his head.

The Beatles drummer was the sole target of vandals who damaged a topiary sculpture of the band at Liverpool’s South Parkway transport hub grown in celebration of Liverpool being nominated European Capital of Culture in 2008. He may have been singled out after his comment about the city on the BBC One programme Friday Night with Jonathan Ross in January. Asked what he missed about Liverpool, Starr, who lives in Los Angeles, laughed and replied: “Nothing.”

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/ ... 702266.ece

Unsusal Verbal Attack

Unusual Verbal Attack......

Neal in trouble over 'demon baby'
June 18, 2008

"EMBATTLED Federal Labor backbencher Belinda Neal will come under parliamentary scrutiny not over the Iguanas bar incident, but a bizarre tirade against a Liberal MP.
Federal parliament today voted to refer to a disciplinary committee an exchange last month in which Ms Neal told pregnant Sophie Mirabella her unborn baby would turn into a demon.

Ms Neal has been an opposition target for more than a week since she and her husband, suspended NSW education minister John Della Bosca, allegedly abused staff at central coast nightclub Iguanas.

Mr Rudd last week ordered Ms Neal to have anger management counselling, while NSW police are investigating contradictory statutory declarations from the dinner companions of Ms Neal and Mr Della Bosca, and club staff.

After failing for a second time to have Ms Neal explain in parliament her behaviour at Iguanas, the opposition turned the spotlight onto her remarks to Ms Mirabella in the House of Representatives main committee on May 28.

"Your child will turn into a demon, you have such evil thoughts," Ms Neal is alleged to have told the heavily pregnant backbencher."

Full Article:
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 02,00.html

Man shot after stomping (Demon)infant to death
Monday, June 16

"TURLOCK, Calif. - A crazed man parked on a dark country road Saturday night, took a baby boy from the car seat in his pickup and beat the child to death until a Modesto police officer, dropped on the scene by helicopter, shot the man dead, authorities said.

Passersby calling 911 at 10:13 p.m. PST described a horrific scene on West Bradbury Road near the intersection of South Blaker Road in rural Stanislaus County. At least one tried to stop the attacker, who swung and slammed the child into the asphalt behind his parked four-door Toyota pickup.

"In the shadows and light it looked like he had hit an animal," said Dan Robinson, the chief of Crows Landing Volunteer Fire Department, who came upon the chaos driving home from a late dinner in Turlock. "As we backed up again, I could see that he had blood on his arms. I could see that it was a small child."

Robinson jumped from his vehicle and confronted the man, who lunged at him. Robinson said the man wasn’t screaming and wasn’t loud, but was forceful, saying "demons" were in the boy.

"Give me the knife. Give me the knife," the man said as he grabbed for a pen in the fireman’s front pocket.

"There was a total hollowness in his eyes," Robinson said, "like I could see right through to the back of his head.""

Full Article:
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nation ... 2&srvc=rss

Re: Unsusal Verbal Attack

IvanVolle said:
Unusual Verbal Attack......

Neal in trouble over 'demon baby'
June 18, 2008

"EMBATTLED Federal Labor backbencher Belinda Neal will come under parliamentary scrutiny not over the Iguanas bar incident, but a bizarre tirade against a Liberal MP.
The best bit is that she denied saying it, and claimed the target of her attack had misheard her. Despite the fact that they were all miked, and it was recorded, and is quite clear on the recording.

Maybe she hopes that she can convince people it was EVP?

[EDIT] Ivan: just noticed you say you are in Canberra. I knew I wasn't the only one.

Man beheads Hitler waxwork
July 06, 2008

"A MAN tore the head from a controversial waxwork figure of Adolf Hitler on the opening day of Berlin's Madame Tussauds museum on Saturday, police said.
Just minutes after the museum opened, the 41-year-old German man pushed aside two security men guarding the exhibit.

"Then he went over to the figure and ripped off the head," a police spokesman said.

The man tore off the head in protest at the exhibit, the spokesman added. The police were alerted and arrested the man, who did not resist. He was later released though he remained under investigation for assault and damaging property.

The waxwork figure of a glum-looking Adolf Hitler in a mock bunker during the last days of his life was criticised as being in bad taste. A media preview of the new branch of Madame Tussauds on Thursday was overshadowed by a row over the exhibit.

Critics said it was inappropriate to display the Nazi dictator, who started World War Two and ordered the extermination of Europe's Jews, in a museum alongside celebrities, pop stars, world statesmen and sporting heroes."

Full Article:
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 02,00.html

I thought we had a more recent thread for this, but I can't find it:
Man arrested after laser attack on PSNI helicopter 'endangered many lives'
18 June 2016

A man has been arrested in connection with a laser attack on a police helicopter in County Tyrone.
The incident happened during a security alert at Lisnafin Park in Strabane on Friday night.
A car was seized and a suspected gun was recovered during the alert.

A 44-year-old was arrested on suspicion of endangering the safety of an aircraft when a laser was pointed at the helicopter.
"The crew of the helicopter were able to direct officers on the ground to a house where the suspect was arrested," Ch Insp Alan Hutton of the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) said.
"Following a search of the property a bag of lasers was recovered."
The man has been released on police bail pending further enquiries.

PSNI Assistant Chief Constable Stephen Martin tweeted that the laser attack was "a disgraceful act endangering many lives".
Residents spent the night out of their homes and the security alert ended at about 08:25 BST on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-36567046

Very unpleasant, and not much detail.

A man, a woman and a two-year-old boy have been hurt in a suspected acid attack.

A "noxious substance" was thrown at the trio in Islington, north London, at 13:05 BST, Scotland Yard said.

The man suffered "potentially life-changing injuries", although his condition is not thought to be life-threatening. The woman and boy suffered minor injuries.

Officers have yet to identify the substance used.

No arrests have been made.

A Met spokesperson added that police were still working to "establish the full circumstances" of the attack, which happened at the junction of Copenhagen Street and Caledonian Road.

BBC

And another acid attack, apparently this is what happens when it's used in a confined space:

At least 12 people suffered burns after a man sprayed acid inside a club in east London.

Hundreds of revellers were evacuated from Mangle E8 in Sidworth Street, Dalston, after police were called at about 01:10 BST.

Officers believe a man threw acid at two men after a dispute between two groups inside the venue.

Two men in their 20s remain in a serious but stable condition in hospital.

Ten other people were were treated for minor injuries, the Metropolitan Police said.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: "The only information that we have is that it was an unknown corrosive substance thrown within the nightclub.

"It was identified by a pH paper test as a strong acidic substance."

It is understood about 600 people were at an event in the club.

Officers said 10 people were taken to hospital by ambulance, while a further two sought treatment at A&E.

They said no arrests had been made and officers were continuing to investigate.

The police added there was no evidence to suggest the attack was gang related.

Story still unfolding, so maybe more info later.

BBC

What the fuck is wrong with people... seems to be a run on this type of attack:

Two people have been seriously injured in an acid attack in an east London street.

A woman, aged in her late 30s, and a man, in his early 20s, were left with serious burns after they were attacked in Mile End in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

Scotland Yard said police were called to reports of an acid attack in Burdett Road shortly before 2.15am.

The victims were taken to an east London hospital for their injuries after a corrosive substance was thrown over them.

Their injuries are thought to be serious but non-life threatening.

Burdett Road was sealed off and forensic officers were at the scene investigating for several hours.

Standard

The feral savage showed no remorse whatsover for his actions and screamed at the judge and jury "all of you will probably [sic] dead by the time I am out of here, fuck you bro".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ims-family-demands-remorse-culprit-jailed-17/

Oh, I think he should have gotten more as well, just stating the reasons why he would have gotten such a sentence. But if he keeps up that attitude he won't be out after 17 yrs. He's 19 and he'll spend his best years in prison.

Bizarre attack made even more odd by the woman's T-shirt.

A 59-year-old priest has been injured in an acid attack in the Nicaraguan capital, Managua.

Miguel Guevara had just finished hearing confession in the Metropolitan Cathedral when a woman threw acid at him. Fr Guevara is being treated in hospital for serious burns to his face, arms and shoulders. Worshippers detained the woman and locked her in a room until police arrived.

Police say they are still investigating the possible motive behind the attack but local media have pointed to the fact that the woman was wearing a T-shirt with a picture of foetus in a womb making an obscene gesture. A police spokeswoman said they had identified the woman as a Russian citizen.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-46466278

Back