• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Unusual Attacks

Co-workers' squabble over microwave turns violent
Associated Press

TAMARAC, Fla. — Things got very ugly at a Walgreens when police said one employee stabbed a co-worker over who could microwave her soup first.

Both women wanted to use the microwave in the employee break room Wednesday afternoon, according to the Broward County Sheriff's Office.

While they were fighting over who could use the microwave first, Mellesia Grant grabbed a large kitchen knife off the counter and stabbed Merloze Tilme in the abdomen, the sheriff's office said.

"They didn't get along to begin with. Who could use the microwave first became a major issue," Broward County Sheriff's Office spokesman Jim Leljedal said.

The two women then wrestled for the knife, each cutting their hands, before the store manager could stop the fight, Leljedal said.

Tilme, 20, was hospitalized in good condition, officials said.

Grant, 23, of North Lauderdale, was charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon after being treated at a hospital for her wounds, officials said.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mp ... re/3399562

Dog Attacks Anti-Dangerous Dog Bill Author

Dog Attacks Anti-Dangerous Dog Bill Author
Wed Oct 19, 6:52 AM ET

The author of a new state law that allows felony charges against owners of dangerous dogs was hospitalized over the weekend after his own dog attacked him.

Bob Schwartz, who also is Gov. Bill Richardson's crime adviser, was hospitalized at University of New Mexico Hospital on Sunday night with bites on both his arms, said Pahl Shipley, a spokesman for the governor.

A hospital spokeswoman declined to release Schwartz's condition, but Shipley said Schwartz is "going to be fine."

Schwartz has three dogs registered with the city: a boxer and two English bulldogs, said Denise Wilcox, who oversees Albuquerque's animal care centers.

Schwartz was instrumental in getting a law passed during this year's regular legislative session that would allow felony charges to be filed against owners of dogs deemed dangerous or potentially dangerous and that seriously injure or kill another animal or person.

The law was designed to make dog owners accountable, said Sen. Sue Wilson Beffort, who worked with Schwartz to pass the bill.

"But I guess when it happens in your own family, that's another story," she said. "That's tragic."

Wilcox said Sunday her office had not received a bite report from University hospital, which is required when a dog bite leads to medical attention.

Dog Bites Man

Clown blows his top in clash with protester

A Shropshire circus clown, in full costume, blew his top and assaulted an animal rights campaigner.

The 28-year-old, who is known as Sparky and works for Peter Jolly’s Circus, based in Craven Arms, lashed out as a woman tried to take his photograph during a clash with protesters in Greater Manchester.

Peter Jolly’s Circus was performing in Blackrod when two separate incidents occurred.

Police were called last Thursday when Sparky shoved the campaigner, causing the camera to hit the woman in the face. He was given a caution for common assault.

It is alleged about 15 protesters tried to block the entrance of the circus.

In a separate incident on Sunday police responded to a report of a disturbance at the circus and arrested a 20-year-old circus worker for a public order offence.

He was given a fixed penalty notice.

source

Christ...a dilemma. I don't know who I hate more: clowns or animal rights protesters. :rofl:

From the Edinburgh Evening News. (may need registration)

A MAN is facing jail after slapping a passer-by with a fish.

Alan Bennie, 20, was walking through a park when he was approached by assailant David Evans, who was carrying a fish.

Neil MacGregor, prosecuting, told Falkirk Sheriff Court that the incident happened in Zetland Park in Grangemouth, Stirlingshire, at about 8.30pm in May this year.

Mr MacGregor said: "The accused asked the complainer 'Do you want to kiss my fish?'

"Mr Bennie made no reply and walked on, at which point the accused said: 'You answer me next time I ask you to kiss a fish', and slapped him round the face with it."

The attack caused reddening and left fish scales sticking to the victim's cheek. Police were called and apprehended Evans nearby. He admitted the offence.

Evans, 22, of Strowan Road, Grangemouth, pleaded guilty yesterday to assaulting Mr Bennie with the fish to his injury.

Sheriff Craig Caldwell deferred sentence until later this week, for the case to be dealt with along with other matters involving Evans which are still to be brought before the court.
I like the description of the effect being slapped with a fish had on the victim as if perhaps hitting a complete stranger with a fish and NOT leaving scales would have been perfectly okay! :lol: (a jail sentance is probably a wee bit much though)

S African pastor in paintball row

A South African missionary and pro-gun lobbyist has been charged with assault over a Halloween paintball incident. The charges stem from 31 October when Rev Peter Hammond took his children out for a "counter Halloween" outing in the suburbs of Cape Town.
Several other children in the area say they were hit with paintballs.

Rev Hammond, who believes Halloween is an "occult" festival, turned himself in to the police after hearing that parents had made complaints.

Rev Hammond told the South African Press Association that what happened was "not intentional and not malicious".

'Joke'

He said he and his family did not approve of Halloween, which they saw as an "occult holiday celebrating human sacrifice, witches and goblins".

The idea had been to target trick-or-treating teenagers.

"It was meant to be a joke: nobody was meant to get hurt," Rev Hammond said. "I laid down a few ground rules: we were just going for teenagers, no kids."

Rev Hammond, who leads the Frontline Fellowship, is well known for his work in rebel-held areas of Sudan, Angola and Mozambique and for his opposition to South African gun-control measures.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/w ... 491632.stm
Published: 2005/12/02 11:56:23 GMT

© BBC MMV

Posted on Sat, Jan. 28, 2006

Machete assault may have been self-defense

By RYAN LaFONTAINE
[email protected]

ANSLEY - The woodsman who allegedly covered himself in "war paint" before assaulting two men with a machete this week is a decent, well-educated man, according to locals.

Wayne Stephen Parks, 57, has been living in the wilderness here for the past five years, in a makeshift tent near the CSX tracks, the site where he allegedly "hacked" two men with a machete Tuesday night following an argument at his forest quarters.

The story in this small community is a bit different: Hunters say Parks was defending himself and his land.

"He was a good man to me," said Roy Necaise, 37. "We'd go back there and visit him all the time; he's never hurt nobody."

Necaise said his 15-year-old son would often go alone to visit Parks, whose living quarters are virtually isolated from the rest of the community. Investigators hiked more than a mile through rough country to get to his home.

Kevin LaFontaine, who also hunts deer in the same woods, said Parks would sometimes leave to get food and supplies, but that's it.

"I hunted all around him, and we've never had any problems," LaFontaine said.

Authorities believe the victims were passing through town earlier that day on a train, which often stops in the area to switch tracks.

County investigator John Luther said three men allegedly spent the day with Parks, but only two were assaulted. The men were treated for machete wounds at Hancock Medical Center.

Parks, who reportedly told police he's part Native American, was released on a $20,000 bond Wednesday and will not have to appear in court for a preliminary hearing.

Assistant District Attorney Chris Schmitt said the case would likely go to a grand jury. If Parks is indicted, Schmitt's office would prosecute the case.

Necaise, who believes it's a case of self-defense, said his son was in the woods the night of the scuffle, and that Parks shouted for his son to get out, because it wasn't safe.

"They tore his camp up, and destroyed the water and food that FEMA gave him," he said. "To me, he was defending himself, and if they did that to my house, Edmond Fahey (funeral home) would've had to come pick them up."

www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/news/13733894.htm

If it was self-defence why did he apply war paint first??

Crackdown On Plane-Seeking Lasers

ROMULUS, Mich., Feb. 15, 2005

(AP) Authorities are cracking down on anyone caught shining lasers at airplanes after 16 pilots reported seeing the potentially blinding lights while landing at Detroit Metropolitan Airport in one night.

The 16 incidents were all reported Monday evening, Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Elizabeth Isham Cory said. It was the second rash of incidents at the airport in the past six months.

The FAA has said that were 305 laser incidents between late 2004 and the beginning of this year.

"We treat it as a very serious matter," FBI Special Agent Dawn Clenney said. "Laser beams can disorient pilots responsible for an airplane full of passengers."

A memo sent to law enforcement agencies by the FBI and the Homeland Security Department in 2004 said there is evidence that terrorists have explored using such lasers as weapons. Clenney said pointing laser beams at airplanes could be considered a terrorist act under the USA Patriot Act and could carry up to 20 years in prison.

The FAA said the pilots reported the beams appeared to be coming from the area around Dearborn and Dearborn Heights. Police searched in the areas where pilots thought the beams originated but found nothing suspicious.

"If it's just kids or some irresponsible adults, they should be warned that this is a serious matter and will be treated as such," said Dearborn Heights police Capt. Lee Gavin.

-----------
©MMVI The Associated Press.

Source

LINK
Legs, Genitals Amputated After Hazing
By Oksana Yablokova, Moscow Times 26/1/06

A 19-year-old conscript was fighting for his life Wednesday after a brutal New Year's hazing that forced doctors to amputate his legs and genitals.

Andrei Sychyov was among eight conscripts who were beaten by six drunken senior servicemen, including two officers, at an armed forces academy in Chelyabinsk on New Year's Eve, prosecutors said. Sychyov, who was drafted from the nearby Sverdlovsk region only six months ago, was tied to a chair and beaten for at least three hours.

Chief Military Prosecutor Alexander Savenkov called the hazing the worst he had ever seen and announced that he would personally see the case to trial. "His legs and genitals were amputated, and doctors are still fighting for his life," Savenkov said, Interfax reported.

"During the more than 20 years that I have served as prosecutor, I have not seen a more cynical and audacious crime against servicemen," Savenkov said. All six servicemen believed to have participated in the hazing have been detained.

The soldier suspected of brutally beating Sychyov, Sergeant Alexander Sivyakov, has been charged under the Criminal Code statute with "abuse of office that led to the infliction of serious harm to someone's health." If tried and convicted, he faces up to 10 years in prison. Sivyakov, after drinking heavily on New Year's Eve, forced Sychyov to sit in a chair and beat his legs for three hours, the Prosecutor General's Office said in a statement.

Sychyov's sister, Marina Muffert, put the length of the beating at four hours. "He was tied up, and all that time they beat him and beat him on the legs," Muffert said on NTV television. She also said that Sychyov had written home before New Year's to ask that relatives take him home for the holidays.

Commanders and military doctors ignored his complaints of severe pain in his legs until he failed to show up for a drill on Jan. 4, the prosecutor's office statement said. He was then hospitalized in a civilian hospital, where he spoke about the hazing, the statement said. By that point, gangrene had spread up his legs, and doctors had to amputate.

The other conscripts whom he said were beaten deny being mistreated, the statement said. They suffered only light injuries. Prosecutors were investigating whether military doctors had been negligent in not examining Sychyov. Military prosecutors have conceded that hazing is a growing problem in the armed forces, and they say it has driven scores of servicemen to suicide. Military commanders insist, however, that the problem is not widespread.

Maria Fedulova, who tracks hazings with the Union of Soldiers' Mothers Committees, a nongovernmental organization that defends soldiers' rights, expressed shock at the latest case.

"There has not been such an atrocity during the many years of our work," she said. She said the group's Urals coordinator, Lyudmila Zinchenko, was looking into the attack. Zinchenko could not be reached for comment on Wednesday.

Toilet paper sparks deadly fight
Reuters News Service

MIAMI - A Florida man has confessed to bludgeoning his roommate to death with a sledgehammer handle and a claw hammer after an argument that started over an empty roll of toilet paper, authorities said Tuesday.

Franklin Paul Crow, 56, was arrested early Monday and later charged with murder in the beating death of 58-year-old Kenneth Matthews in the small town of Moss Bluff, according to the Marion County Sheriff's Office.

Capt. Jimmy Pogue said Crow told investigators he grabbed the sledgehammer and claw hammer after Matthews, who rented the mobile home where the two lived, armed himself with a rifle during their altercation.

He later confessed to using the work tools to strike Matthews, who was so badly beaten he had to be identified through fingerprints, about 10 times, Pogue said.

"There were only two people there, Mr. Crow and Mr. Matthews, and unfortunately Mr. Matthews is deceased, so we pretty much just have to go by what Mr. Crow says," Pogue said. "He says that the argument started over an empty roll of toilet paper."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/biz ... 80196.html

Police: Teacher Claiming To Be 'Luke Skywalker' Had Super Human Strength

POSTED: 4:39 pm EDT May 22, 2006
UPDATED: 8:40 am EDT May 23, 2006

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A high school physical education teacher was relieved of duty Monday after police arrested him over the weekend for allegedly telling police he was "Luke Skywalker" and fighting several officers who tried to arrest him.

Police first saw David McCann, 30, standing in front of a bar Saturday at 2 a.m., shirt unbuttoned and yelling he was "Luke Skywalker" at passers-by, according to the incident report. An officer asked him to leave after McCann allegedly got into a verbal confrontation with two women.

McCann then allegedly charged the officer, who sprayed him in the face with an irritant. Two officers tried unsuccessfully to handcuff him as McCann wildly swung his fists, the report says.

The incident further escalated, with McCann continuing to allegedly attack officers after he was repeatedly kicked and struck with a baton, according to the report. Officers also used a Taser to attempt to subdue him.

"He continued to attack with super human strength and made no attempt to escape," according to the report.

McCann was finally brought under control when two responding officers struck him three times with a Taser gun and another hit him four more times with a baton, according to the report.

He was arrested on charges of battery on a law enforcement officer, resisting arrest with violence and disorderly conduct. Three officers suffered received bruises and other minor injuries, the incident report said.

The Orange County School District said McCann had worked there for two years, but the district had already decided before the arrest not to renew his annual contract for next year.

-------------
Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Copyright 2006 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and Local6.com.

www.local6.com/news/9256118/detail.html

And if you thought that was odd - not only is this a long report but it is odd throughout!!:

Engel says he was driven to kill

By Robyn Moormeister, [email protected]
May 25, 2006

Breaking into tears on the witness stand during the sanity phase of his trial Wednesday, convicted attempted murderer Fred Engel, 26, described how he planned to kill his older brother with an ax after he attacked Susan Wallace and burned down her Nevada City home.

Engel explained to jurors that his plot to kill Wallace and his brother was the product of elaborate delusions from paranoid schizophrenia he had begun to suffer three years before he was arrested for Wallace's attempted murder.

He now takes medication for his mental illness, and he says he no longer has delusions.

"I started to believe I was the Antichrist and Adam, as in Adam and Eve," he said. "I was pedigree and I outranked the planet. There was a conspiracy to amend the United States Constitution using me as a pedigree to cause a civil war."

He relayed this bizarre information with an eerily calm, matter-of-fact demeanor.

Engel said he believed he was king of the German "Illuminati," a secret society of powerful men with warring covenants, one of which wanted to start the civil war that would lead to world domination. The same covenant, "Alco," also wanted Engel to breed with their daughters because of his genetic superiority.

When he went from house to house cleaning carpets for Chem Dry of the Gold Country, he said, he believed the customers - many who were part of the Illuminati - would talk to him in a second language only he could understand.

When he met Susan Wallace the day he cleaned her carpets, he said, he believed she was his real mother who had undergone plastic surgery to escape the impending civil war, and he talked to her in that second language.

His mother, Lois Engel, he said, had been replaced by an alien shapeshifter.

"I had been blackmailed out of $4 billion by the United States Marine Corps," he said, explaining how he perceived Wallace's part in his delusional world. "She had transferred $3 million into an account for the purchase of methamphetamine for me to distribute. I had been granted diplomatic immunity, and I was to work toward getting the money back."

He said when Wallace called Engel's employer, Chem Dry of the Gold Country, to complain that he forgot to bring her area rugs to the ChemDry office to be cleaned, he assumed she would not mind if he waited to pick them up.

"She was my mom," Engel said. "She would understand. I would see her again and again."

The day before he tried to kill Wallace, he said, he had more delusions he classified as "serious."

"Mrs. Wallace was in cahoots with Andy (Engel's older brother Andrew Goodrich)," he said. "They had kidnapped my first girlfriend and locked her in the house across the street for years, and I was supposed to find her."

But, he said, the "mercenaries" blamed Engel for the girl's imprisonment because he had failed to rescue her.

"The mercenaries were very angry with me," he said.

And, he said, because prostitution is legal in some parts of Nevada and Wallace lived on Nevada Street, he believed Wallace was also running a prostitution ring.

"I had no forgiveness for what Ms. Wallace had done," he said. "She was trading underaged girls as sexual toys."

The morning of May 7, 2005, he said, he stopped behind the Northridge Restaurant and changed into black clothing. He then entered Wallace's house with a can of gas, two flares and a butcher block full of knives.

He said he went upstairs to see if there were any young girls being held for prostitution in a small bedroom. Finding no one, he said, he walked down the stairs, pouring gasoline as he went to look for Susan Wallace.

"She was my target at the time," he said. He said he ran into Wallace, who had been awakened by her dogs. He had intended to knock her out as she slept, he said, then kill her.

"She found me," he said, as Wallace, sitting in the back of the courtroom for part of Engel's testimony, shook her head and rolled her eyes. "I panicked but I was here to do a job, so I struck her with the block of knives."

He said there was no turning back.

"What she had done was unforgivable," he said. "I had to go ahead and act in a violent manner."

After he hit her, he said, she turned around screaming. He took her by the hair and "took the knife across her throat" to stop her screaming. He said he used the biggest knife he could find from the butcher block for efficiency.

He said he doesn't remember stabbing her in the flank, but that he must have.

As she struggled, he said, he began to read her dog's mind.

"The dog's mind told me 'That's enough'," he said. "I believed I was reading his thoughts at the time."

As Wallace ran through the doorway to her office, he shut the door behind her, lit one of his road flares and threw it on the gasoline.

He stripped off his clothes and threw them in the fire along with the knives.

Wearing nothing but his underwear, he got into his car on Nevada Street and checked the voice-mail messages on his phone, where he received what he thought was a message from his boss, Karl Ragsdale. He said he often received orders in his head in Ragsdale's voice.

"Next time you try and kill somebody, park your car where no one can see it," he thought the message had said.

Earlier he told prosecutor Ron Wolfson he had brought an ax and a hatchet to carry out his plan to kill his brother Andrew Goodrich, who lives in Granite Bay.

"Once I was finished with Ms. Wallace," he testified, "I was going to kill my brother Andrew for participating in such things."

Instead, he drove onto Highway 174 to Colfax, where he stopped at a campground, changed his clothes and set fire to his cell phone, the ax and the hatchet.

He said voices from his car radio told him Goodrich would have airline tickets to Salt Lake City waiting for him.

He arrived at his brother's house before dawn and asked him if he would swap cars. Goodrich refused and asked him what was going on.

"I was surprised he wasn't ready for me," Engel said. "I thought I'd go on my way."

Engel said he went to Auburn Airport, drove his car onto the runway, got out and lay down.

He said he was there for nearly two hours, during which he saw a person in a plane taxiing on the runway. He went to the plane and opened the door, he said, and the person asked him if he had just killed somebody.

Then he said a voice told him everything would be OK and to go back to work.

As he headed back toward Nevada County, he said, he picked up a hitchhiker and gave him a ride to Brown's Valley. He then continued on to Beale Air force Base to "warn them of the civil war" and to try and get help in retrieving the $4 billion he thought he had been blackmailed out of.

Engel was taken into custody by law enforcement at the base.

A psychologist and psychiatrist who evaluated Engel after his arrest are expected to testify at 9 a.m. today in Nevada County Superior Court.

www.theunion.com/article/20060525/NEWS/105250115

I wonder if he had any books by David Icke on his shelves?

Woman Attacks Dog Breeder With Chihuahua

Thursday, June 8, 2006

(06-08) 09:24 PDT ST. PETERS, Mo. (AP) --

A woman angry that her new puppy had died pushed her way into a dog breeder's home and repeatedly hit her on the head with the dead Chihuahua, authorities said.

The 33-year-old woman told police she had taken the puppy to a veterinarian, who said it was only 4 weeks old and needed to be returned to its mother. But before she could return the puppy, it died.

Early Wednesday, the woman went to the breeder's home, pushed her way inside and began fighting with the breeder as she tried to make her way to the basement to get another puppy, police said.

The breeder wrestled the woman out of her house to the front porch, where the woman then hit the breeder over the head numerous times with the dead puppy, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported, citing police.

As the woman drove away, she waved the dead puppy out of the car's sunroof and yelled threats at the breeder, police said. She later called the breeder and threatened her and her family, according to court records.

Police said they are considering felony burglary charges and misdemeanor assault charges.

www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n ... 422D65.DTL

Reminds me of the episode of CSI where a mob beat a cab driver to death when a stabbing victim stumbled in front of his cab:

Brooklyn: Crowd Attacks Driver After Accident

ANAHAD O'CONNOR (NYT)
Published: July 1, 2006

A group of people chased and beat the driver of a livery cab and his passenger in Brooklyn yesterday after the driver lost control of his car and swerved into an 8-year-old child on a bike, according to the police and several witnesses. The driver apparently lost control of the car, at 92nd Street and Clarkson Avenue in East Flatbush, at 5 p.m., because his passenger was trying to rob him, the police said. After hitting the child, the car crashed into a wall, and a group of dozens of bystanders confronted the driver and attacked him. When the man explained that his passenger had struck him in the head with a metal bar, the crowd then turned to his passenger, beat him, and tightened a belt around his neck, said one witness, Kevin Beckett, 44. The police arrived and arrested the passenger, Jean Willman, 31, of Newkirk Avenue in Flatbush. He was charged with robbery and assault. The child was taken to Brookdale Hospital Center, where he was in stable condition last night, the police said. The driver, 52, was taken to Kings County Hospital Center in stable condition.

www.nytimes.com/2006/07/01/nyregion/01m ... ref=slogin

LINK
Man Accused Of Sitting On, Torturing Woman For Hours

A 44-year-old Eustis, Fla., man is accused of sitting on top of a woman for as long as five hours, punching her every time she closed her eyes, according to a police news release.

Investigators said Marty Foreman, who works at a YMCA in Tavares, Fla., was charged with false imprisonment, domestic violence and deprivation of 911 over the weekend.The victim told authorities that Foreman grabbed her by the crotch of the pants while she was sitting on a toilet, dragged her into a bedroom and then threw her on a bed, the report said.

She said Foreman then sat on her for four to five hours and did not allow her to move on the bed. The woman said when she would close her eyes, Foreman would hit her left arm and say, "I will hit your arm every time you close your eyes." She also said she was struck in the face and head.

The report said Foreman apparently hid the woman's keys and telephones during the incident. The woman, who told police she feared for her life, said she waited until Foreman left the home and called law enforcement.

The report said the victim had a cut on her lip and visible bruises on her arm. Foreman was taken into custody and booked into the Lake County Jail. The report did not mention a motive for the alleged incident.

Woman sought after umbrella poke in the eye
Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:56am ET

TOKYO (Reuters) - A dissatisfied customer stabbed a Tokyo department store employee in the eye with an umbrella after trying out oxygen breathing equipment meant to revitalize the body, Japanese media said Wednesday.

The woman, thought to be in her late 20s, complained to the 55-year-old assistant that the oxygen product had made her feel unwell, Kyodo news agency said.

She then stabbed the employee in the eye, seriously injuring her, and ran away, Kyodo said.

The victim is being treated in hospital and police are searching for the woman.

Umbrella

Coyote bites woman at Conn. rest stop Tue Sep 19, 10:42 PM ET

A New York woman is receiving rabies shots after being bitten by a coyote at a rest stop along Interstate 95. The animal had been hanging around the McDonald's restaurant at the rest stop and was being fed by employees, authorities said.

The bite victim, Maria Gicana, a nurse from Queens, said she was driving home from Cape Cod with her boyfriend Sunday night when they stopped at the rest area. She was walking toward the restaurant when the animal attacked her from behind, biting her on the back of her knee.

"I looked around. I thought it was my boyfriend playing tricks on me," she told the New Haven Register. "So I turned around and saw this coyote. Actually, I thought it was a dog."

Fire Department Deputy Chief Mike Klarman said the animal also advanced on him after he responded to the incident Sunday night.

"The coyote got down into what I'd say was a stalking position," he said. "As I began to retreat, it actually stood up and began to walk toward me, and I began to run back to my car."

A state trooper drove her cruiser between Klarman and the animal and it ran into the woods, he said.

Paul Rego, a wildlife biologist at the state Department of Environmental Protection, said coyotes have been known to attack dogs and cats, but attacks on humans are rare.

"To my knowledge, we haven't had anyone injured by coyotes before in Connecticut," he said.

Rego said that if employees fed the coyote, "it was essentially being trained not to be afraid."

He estimated there are 3,000 to 5,000 coyotes living in Connecticut.

___

Information from: New Haven Register, http://www.ctcentral.com

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060920/ap_ ... oyote_bite

US drinker stabbed for not washing hands

Poor restroom hygiene ends in knife fight

By Lester Haines → More by this author

Published Tuesday 28th November 2006 15:29 GMT
Get The Register's new weekly newsletter for senior IT managers delivered to your inbox, click here.

Those men among you who indulge in the woman-enraging provocation of not putting the loo seat back down after taking a leak should count yourselves lucky you're not in Fort Worth, Texas, where some people take the matter of good toilet habits very seriously indeed.

Just ask 25-year-old Morgan Jackson, who was with two drinking buddies in the car park of the Tumbleweeds Sports Bar last Thursday evening when an infuriated toilet user charged them with a knife "because he apparently grew angry that one of the men didn't wash his hands in the bathroom", as the Houston Chronicle explains.

Indeed, so pissed off was 27-year-old Eric Jennings Kisiah that he stabbed Jackson three times in his left torso and once in his back with an eight-inch knife which was subsequently recovered close to the scene of the incident.

Prior to the attack, Kisiah "confronted a group of three friends at the bar because he was upset about one of them not washing his hands after using the restroom", according to the police report. He "called the men names and told them that they were dirty" before leaving with the threat to "slash their throats", as one of the men recounted.

When the three pals eventually left the bar, Kisiah launched his assault from behind a shrub where he'd being lying in wait. He was restrained by "several men" until the cops arrived.

Jackson was later reported to be in "good condition" following surgery at a Fort Worth hospital. Kisiah was cuffed on "suspicion of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon" and held in Mansfield Jail with bail set at $20,000. ®

Article link

Re: US drinker stabbed for not washing hands

Those men among you who indulge in the woman-enraging provocation of not putting the loo seat back down after taking a leak should count yourselves lucky you're not in Fort Worth, Texas, where some people take the matter of good toilet habits very seriously indeed.
I absolutely hate this sort of reporting. "Some people"?

Man Throws Pig At Receptionist

[
MAN THROWS PIG AT RECEPTIONIST

A US man in West Point, Mississippi, has been fined nearly £150 after throwing a pig at a hotel receptionist.

Kevin Pugh, 20, admitted breaching the peace by tossing a pig over the counter at the Holiday Inn Express.

According to policeman Danny McCaskill, the incident happened when Pugh walked into the hotel and threw the 60-pound pig over the counter.

"This was the silliest thing I've ever seen," Mr McCaskill said.

"He said it was a prank. It must be some redneck thing, because I haven't ever heard of anything like it."

McCaskill said four more similar incidents involving animal tossing were reported from separate West Point businesses. In two incidents a pig was tossed and two of the incidents involved possums.

"Almost every officer we had was involved because the incidents kept happening at different hours," McCaskill said.

http://news.aol.co.uk/man-throws-pig-at-receptionist/article/20061208104309990014[/quote]

I seem to remember a case a few years back in England where teenage boys dropped a pig from a motorway bridge, which broke through someone's windscreen...and it turned out the car's owner was called Linda Hogg!

BBC

A man has been convicted of setting fire to his friend's feet as a joke.

David Brown, 30, was found guilty of assaulting and scarring Stephen Murray, 44, at a homeless hostel in Inverness.

Brown used lighter fuel to set fire to Mr Murray's feet on 1 July. Mr Murray was also punched and kicked by Brown and his co-accused Shane McAuley, 23.

McAuley was found guilty of the physical attack, but cleared of setting fire to Mr Murray's feet. The two men will be sentenced on 13 December.

The trial at the High Court in Inverness heard that the three men were living in a homeless shelter, run by the Salvation Army in Huntly Place in the city, when the attack took place on 1 July.

They had been drinking throughout the day and ended up at Brown's flat.

McAuley, originally from Dublin, told the court Brown had set fire to Mr Murray's legs while he was asleep.

He said: "As far as I'm aware he did it for a joke and a laugh.

"Stephen Murray woke up and started screaming and shouting at me. He was blaming me. I hit him."

Mr Murray, who did not previously know McAuley, said he ended up on the floor 'in a foetal position' and he was attacked.

He has been told he may require skin graft operations on his feet.

McAuley, a prisoner in Inverness, and Brown, of Huntly Place, had initially faced an attempted murder charge.

But advocate depute Alexander Bolland dropped this charge at the end of the evidence.

Hilarious.. :?

Latex Glove Attacker Fingered By the Law

Man jailed for latex glove attack

A former US soldier who tried to murder his estranged wife by triggering her allergy to latex has been jailed for a minimum of 12 years.

Charles Henson, 39, put his rubber-gloved fingers in the mouth of Allison Phelps, 40, at her home in Gloucestershire in March.

Henson of Wisconsin, was also found guilty of unlawful wounding and attempting to administer poison.

A jury had heard Henson and Ms Phelps met through an online fetish website.

They had married in July 2005.

Mr Justice Royce told Henson on Wednesday: "It is obvious that the interest in sado-masochism was mutual.

"During the trial you made it clear that your belief in sado-masochistic relationships was that the male was the master and the female had to be the slave.

"In the few months after you married it became clear to me that Allison Phelps realised that your physical practices, or some of them, were more than she wanted.

"You are, in my judgment, a man with a warped mind, not in the sense of having a mental illness, but in the sense that your belief that you should be master and a female should be your slave is a potentially dangerous concept," he added.

He gave Henson an indeterminate sentence, setting a minimum tariff of 12 years for attempted murder.

The judge told Henson this meant he would not be considered for release on parole until he had served six years - but warned that as an indeterminate sentence had been imposed "you may never be released".

Bristol Crown Court had heard that the marriage failed and Henson returned to the US in February.

But he returned to the UK and went to the house in Crown Meadow, Coalway, where Ms Phelps was with her new partner, Michael Phelps.

Phelps was armed with two knives and wearing a latex glove.

He was discovered when Ms Phelps was woken by one of her dogs barking and by the smell of gas.

Ms Phelps said Henson pulled her head back by the hair then "suddenly, quite violently" put his fingers into her mouth.

Henson then told her she had four minutes to live and Mr Phelps lunged at him.

Mr Phelps suffered stab wounds to the leg during the struggle, and the jury convicted Henson of wounding him.

Henson was cleared of the more serious charge of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and a count of aggravated burglary.

After the attack Ms Phelps said she suffered sore lips and ulcerations in her mouth.

Henson had denied all the charges against him.

He claimed that he had gone to Ms Phelps' home seeking a reconciliation.

Story from BBC NEWS:

Published: 2006/12/20 12:10:09 GMT

© BBC MMVI

actually very nasty, but also quite bizarre... and a good reason to stay away from online s&m classified ads!

Man jailed for latex glove attack

Henson met Ms Phelps on an online fetish website
A former US soldier who tried to murder his estranged wife by triggering an allergy to latex has been jailed for a minimum of 12 years.

Charles Henson, 39, forced his rubber-gloved fingers into Allison Phelps' mouth during the attack at her home in Gloucestershire.

Henson was warned by the judge at Bristol Crown Court he might never be released from jail.

A jury had heard Henson and Ms Phelps met through an online fetish website.

They had married in July 2005 but their relationship broke up and Henson returned to the US.

He later returned to attack his estranged wife and her new partner.

Henson of Wisconsin, was found guilty of attempted murder, unlawful wounding and attempting to administer poison. He had denied all the charges.

Mr Justice Royce told Henson on Wednesday: "It is obvious that the interest in sado-masochism was mutual.

"During the trial you made it clear that your belief in sado-masochistic relationships was that the male was the master and the female had to be the slave.

"In the few months after you married it became clear to me that Allison Phelps realised that your physical practices, or some of them, were more than she wanted.

Your belief that you should be master and a female should be your slave is a potentially dangerous concept
Mr Justice Royce

"You are, in my judgment, a man with a warped mind, not in the sense of having a mental illness, but in the sense that your belief that you should be master and a female should be your slave is a potentially dangerous concept."

He gave Henson an indeterminate sentence, setting a minimum tariff of 12 years for attempted murder.

The judge told Henson this meant he would not be considered for release on parole until he had served six years - but warned that as an indeterminate sentence had been imposed "you may never be released".

The court heard Henson went to the house in Crown Meadow, Coalway, where Ms Phelps was with her new partner, Michael Phelps.

Henson was armed with two knives and wearing a latex glove.

He was discovered when Ms Phelps was woken by one of her dogs barking and by the smell of gas.

Ms Phelps said Henson pulled her head back by the hair then "suddenly, quite violently" put his fingers into her mouth.

Henson then told her she had four minutes to live and Mr Phelps lunged at him.

Mr Phelps suffered stab wounds to the leg during the struggle, and the jury convicted Henson of wounding him.

Henson was cleared of the more serious charge of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and a count of aggravated burglary.

After the attack Ms Phelps said she suffered sore lips and ulcerations in her mouth.

He claimed that he had gone to Ms Phelps' home seeking a reconciliation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/glou ... 195827.stm

very nasty... god only knows what the point of this was...

Man blinded in street acid attack

A man may have been permanently blinded in a suspected acid attack in north Leeds, police have said.

A substance was thrown at the 49-year-old victim's face in Carr Manor Road, Moortown, on Tuesday night.

West Yorkshire Police said: "He saw a man approaching him with a silver foil tray. The man appeared to be mixing a solution, which he threw in his face.

"The victim was taken to a Leeds hospital for treatment. It is believed he may permanently lose his sight."

Det Insp Adrian Taylor, who is leading the investigation, said: "Early indications suggest that this is a targeted attack but it's essential that we identify the motive as soon as possible."

Stripped paint

Two vehicles which were splashed with the solution are undergoing forensic examination as police try to identify the substance.

The solution was so strong it had stripped paint from the vehicles, police said.

The metal tray has also been found and remains at the scene until it can safely be removed, police said.

The scene of the attack was cordoned off on Wednesday and officers were studying CCTV film in a bid to track down the assailant.

The suspect, who fled on foot after the attack, is described as a black man with medium skin tone, about 5ft 5in, 25 to 30 years old, with short dark hair. He wore a short, dark jacket and dark trousers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west ... 525183.stm

all the more worrying as it comes on the back of the local police press release regarding 4 tonnes of acid stolen!

Men arrested after 'sword fight

While samurai sword attacks have sadly become quite common it's fairly unusual for BOTH parties to be armed with swords!

Men arrested after 'sword fight'
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of affray after a brawl outside a pub involving men fighting with swords.
One of the arrested men is in hospital with a broken leg after the fight outside the Azure Blue pub in Eastbourne Avenue in Gateshead.

Several windows of the pub were smashed, Northumbria Police confirmed.

Two swords have also been recovered and police are appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time and saw the disturbance to come forward.

Two drunken blokes imitating their favourite scenes from Highlander possibly?

Source BBC

Mr P

When lesbians attack

Man Describes Alleged Attack By 7 Lesbians In N.J.
Claims '06 Incident Was Hate Crime Against Straight Man
Featured Slideshow: The Real 'Soprano Land' Revealed
Featured Slideshow: Openly Gay Celebrities I | II | III

(CBS/AP) NEW YORK A man who was beaten and stabbed after a street fight with seven avowed lesbians testified Wednesday that he thought he was going to die after they jumped him last year.

"I remember being surrounded, my hands up in my face," Dwayne Buckle testified at the trial of four of the women. "I went up into a defensive position. I felt a nick in my abdomen. I had my two hands in front of my face."

He said he didn't realize he had been stabbed.

"Somebody told me I was stabbed," he said. "As soon as he said that, I felt it. I lay down on my knapsack. I was hollering and screaming. I felt like I was going to die."

Buckle, 29, said he was in a hospital for five days and in bed at his Queens home for a month after undergoing surgery for a lacerated liver and stomach. He said he also suffered cuts, bruises, scratches and an eye injury in the attack.

Buckle, who has called the incident "a hate crime against a straight man," was testifying in Manhattan's state Supreme Court at the trial of Patreese Johnson, 20, Renata Hill, 25, Venice Brown, 19, and Terrain Dandridge, 20, all of Newark, N.J.

The defendants are charged with first- and second-degree assault and gang assault. Johnson, accused of stabbing Buckle, also is charged with second-degree attempted murder. All have pleaded not guilty.

Three of the seven women pleaded guilty to assault charges in exchange for sentences of six months in jail and five years probation.

Buckle, a movie audio-video engineer and an independent filmmaker, said the fight started outside the Independent Film Center in lower Manhattan, where he was trying to sell videos he had made. He said that as the women walked by, he spoke to one of them because he found her attractive.

Buckle said a heavyset woman in the group said something rude.

"She just started dogging me out, being loud and disrespectful," he said. "I think I called her an elephant and told her I wasn't talking to her."

Buckle said she spoke disparagingly of his looks and clothing, saying he was wearing cheap sneakers. Meanwhile, another woman spat on him and he spat back.

The women surrounded and attacked Buckle, he said. After a few minutes, he said, the fight subsided and he began picking up his DVDs from the sidewalk.

"Someone attacked me from behind," Buckle said. "One girl called for some guys to come beat me up. A guy got me on the floor (sidewalk), and I was jumped again."

Assistant District Attorney Sharon Laveson told the jury in opening statements that surveillance video will show that Johnson pulled a steak knife from her purse and stabbed Buckle with it.

Johnson admits she slashed Buckle with a knife but says she did it in self-defense, according to papers filed by prosecutors at her arraignment. Johnson's statement says she pulled out her knife after Buckle grabbed her arm and spat on one of her friends.

"As I got my knife, Renata hit him for spitting," Johnson's statement says. "Then everyone jumped in because he is a man. Then some young men had helped us. After that we walked away. I admit I did cut him one time for my own safety."

(© 2007 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report. )

Link

Although I admit that "they all jumped in because he's a man" was a stupid thing to say and that stabbing the jackass who hassles you on the street is an inappropriate response, when your improper advances are scorned and your insults are physically punished it isn't a hate crime, it's a simple assault. This is one case where "he started it" is a legitimate defense, and I hope his lawyer has the sense not to insist on that charge.

Sorry, Peni, there's nothing in that initial quote that says his advances were improper and the first mention of insults refers to comments made by one of the defendants, so I don't think 'He started it' is a legitimate defence at all. Depending on the nature of the comments that were made by the defendants, the assault could easily come under the heading of a hate crime.
If their reaction was so vicious purely because he was a straight man, then it is a hate crime based on his sexuality and gender.

Back