• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Unusual Gentleman

Zeke Newbold

Carbon based biped.

Not wishing to make a freakshow out of what might be a man with disabilities...but...

Posted by Igor Burtsev, the Russian yeti researcher, the original province of this video seems to be unkown - as does the location at which it was shot. There has been a suggestion that what we are seeing is a hybrid of some kind. Others counter that it is merely a man born with genetic abnormalities.

I for one have not seen the like before. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Very unusual. Reminiscent of the 'rat children' of Pakistan/India.
Microcephaly, aka 'pinhead syndrome'.

In another thread you can see photos of Azzo Bassou, the "ape man" of Morocco. They do look similar to me.

In another thread you can see photos of Azzo Bassou, the "ape man" of Morocco. They do look similar to me.

The thread dedicated to Bassou's case is here:

Azzo Bassou - The Famous 'Ape-Man' Of Morocco
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/azzo-bassou-the-famous-ape-man-of-morocco.64935/

Bassou is also mentioned in this other thread:

Ape-Human Hybrids, Racism & Human Identity
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/ape-human-hybrids-racism-human-identity.3383/

cant find it on youtube either, that still photo doesnt look very convincing but from the comments it seems real ?

Surely there must be more to be said about this video. Doesn't he appear to have rather long arms?

... Doesn't he appear to have rather long arms?

I'm not sure. It's difficult to evaluate his arm length because the arms are always bent, the camera angle is high, and he's moving around so much. Another possible factor is that his lower body doesn't seem to be as robustly developed as his upper body (in other words - maybe the lower parts are "small" rather than the upper parts being "large."

The most telling angle I see is when he sits down and the arm length can be roughly compared with seated height. In this position the arms don't appear to be unusually long.

does footage reside anywhere outside of facebook

I doubt we'll know any more unless Burtsev provides more clues as to where he obtained the video.

Is there anything about the background that strongly suggests a particular geographic location? The seemingly bare tree trunks in the near background seem to be protruding out of bare sand or silty soil. This might suggest either scrubland bordering an arid / desert area or close proximity to water than had - perhaps repeatedly - flooded the area.

Is there anything about the background that strongly suggests a particular geographic location? The seemingly bare tree trunks in the near background seem to be protruding out of bare sand or silty soil. This might suggest either scrubland bordering an arid / desert area or close proximity to water than had - perhaps repeatedly - flooded the area.

The soundtrack is a Russian pop song (from the Nineties, I'd say). However I am not at all sure whetther this has been dubbed on later or was a part of the real time sound when the video was taken. The man appears to be manipulating - or attempting to - some kind of audio player, and seeming to dance - which implies that some kind of music was being played at the time. However the Russian pop song features a joke song about a man's unmarriageability - so it seems to be a snide (in fact rather unpleasant) comment on the content of the video- and hence added on later and not in real time.

The environment does remind me of parts of Russia in the summer - very dusty that is,and those plastic tables look very familiar. However, the trees - or whatever they are look very Asiatic. Some have suggested China. some others have said that the presence of a pig rules out a strongly Islamic country but I don't know how true that is.

My hands are about the same location as my jeans pockets when standing. At least from some angles it looks like his hands are around the middle of his thigh.

Agreed Mytho. That was my take on the fellow too. For all that, he looks a lot like those skull recreations for homo erectus. It makes you wonder.

Agreed. The similarity to the reconstruction of the 1.6 million year old remains of "Turkana Boy" is remarkable:

PSX_20191122_110435.jpg

I don't know.... looks CGI'ed to me... I know.. common answer
Bet even to my naked eye, I could see some graphic inconsistencies around his body, which made me think that the body is just some common guy, but the head has been CGIed... Head just looks off and not in-line with the rest of the body

single image on this thread looks artificial ... cant find footage

single image on this thread looks artificial ... cant find footage

Do you mean the image I posted 3 messages above?
That is artificial, as it is a computer generated recreation of how the famous Turkana Boy skeleton probably looked when alive.

i meant the original post, no facebook so cant see the video but the still looks fake to me

i meant the original post, no facebook so cant see the video but the still looks fake to me

I'm not on Facebook, but I can play the hosted video.

I don't see anything in the OP still image or the video that suggests the head was CGI'd. The dynamic changes associated with the scene illumination (vis a vis the man's body and head) are too subtle and consistent.

The relative disproportionality between head and body are not out of range for a genetic / development anomaly.

oh right ... the image to me looks like a guy in a mask, links me through to a facebook login page rather than playing the footage ... possibly im seeing a different index image to others ?

wp_ss_20191123_0001.png

Nope, same image. Not mask or CGI.

I can see the video as well although I'm not on facebook. If you could see it you'd agree it's not CGI.

oh right ... the image to me looks like a guy in a mask, links me through to a facebook login page rather than playing the footage ... possibly im seeing a different index image to others ?

You're seeing the same video preview / start image (with the overlaid Play button), but ...

Something's changed today about the online response when one clicks on the Play icon.

Circa 12 hours ago - when I posted last about the video - I clicked on the Play button and the embedded video simply played in my browser. I was not re-directed to any Facebook login page. This was the same behavior I'd seen since the video was first posted 2.5 weeks ago.

As of the time I'm posting this a click on the Play button locks up my browser, the video does not play, and I have to manually end the attempted interaction.

Anyway ... An inability to simply watch the video play is not peculiar to your device / software / connection.

i bet you lot are secretly facebooking in the backgrounds ...

I don't use facebook but I can play the video. When I go to the link it's just a picture with a play icon (>) but I can play it from there.

No idea about the chap involved but I think I'd agree with the microcephaly comments, I couldn't think of that term at first but now someone's said it, is seems right. (Not sure if that would explain the shape of his face though? Isn't that just to do with the brain size?)

I also thought he looked a bit... pigeon-chested? is that the term?... but it might just be the way he's sort of hunched over slightly.

Back