• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Upcoming DC Comics Adaptations

I'd heard someone say they were trying to turn the Flash into their version of Spiderman. That trailer makes it seem true.

This may be the most criminally piss poor DC adaptation ever (Vertigo is part of DC). Normally I'll watch stuff before I slag it off, in this case I can't get past the trailer.

I was a huge fan of Mike Carey's Lucifer and it's epic plot, the way it only can be when the 'enemy' is god, with crazy powerful high concept protagonists.
So what have they done with the story? Let's go solve crimes. :mad::rolleyes:
wanker3.gif

Looks like it just got renewed for a 2nd season.

I saw suicide squad the other day, and I have to say, it was one of the worst piles of rubbish I have ever sat through.

Not DC, but while we're on comic books....I have the (most recent) Fantastic Four blu-ray here, waiting to be watched.

I'm going to try my hardest to watch it without the baggage, I've been told that if you try and forget it's anything to do with Marvel it's actually quite a good movie. An interesting take at least...

Not DC, but while we're on comic books....I have the (most recent) Fantastic Four blu-ray here, waiting to be watched.

I'm going to try my hardest to watch it without the baggage, I've been told that if you try and forget it's anything to do with Marvel it's actually quite a good movie. An interesting take at least...

I liked it, but there's a point where you can tell where the reshoots were crowbarred in, supposedly to salvage something that was getting on very well without them. Bad ending to an interesting version of classic superheroes, basically.

New Batman cartoon:

Straight to DVD, but with the voices of Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar! Burt sounds like his old self, but as a man in his late 80s, Adam, er, is less sprightly. Julie hasn't been in any publicity I've seen so far.

I think I may give this one a miss, I wonder if it would have made a better short to show before another DC movie?

I never watch Honest Trailers because that amount of concentrated negativity gets me down, but I've heard the animated Killing Joke features Batman and Batgirl gettin' it on. Doesn't sound right at all.

Watching Arrow season 4 right after Daredevil season 2 really has highlighted how poor the writing on the former is compared to the latter. People die, then come back because of a magic hot tub, but they have no souls, no problem, we have a guy who we've never met before who in flash back appeared on a distant island in the middle of nowhere is saved and goes 'oh yeah I owe you one', cue phone call in the present, 'Hey that favour you owe me' and fixes it.

I was unaware until that point that one of Arrow's skills was shark jumping.

The magic hot tubs have been a part of DC stories for decades, it's how Ras Al Ghul stays immortal.

Watching Arrow season 4 right after Daredevil season 2 really has highlighted how poor the writing on the former is compared to the latter.

I've tried a few times and just can't get into Arrow at all.

Flash is much more fun. Also probably about to jump the shark with yet another bloody speedster enemy - or two.

Arrow is like watching a soap opera. Flash feels more like a superhero show. Though sadly more speedsters in season 3.

Discovered in December, 2015, MYSTERY OF THE BATMAN is a little-known serial which would have featured the first appearance of DC Comics' Batman, in any medium, outside of comic books.

Originally intended for twelve chapters, MYSTERY OF THE BATMAN was produced by BJC Pictures, an obscure poverty row studio, which went bankrupt with only six episodes filmed and completed.

Thanks to the passionate effort of historians and fans, the existing chapters of MYSTERY are currently undergoing an extensive digital restoration.

I never realise dthe red hood character went back that far... I've got the Joker origin story version in THe Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told but alays assumed that was cira 50s.

I never realise dthe red hood character went back that far... I've got the Joker origin story version in THe Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told but alays assumed that was cira 50s.

He doesn't, this is a fake serial chapter, made recently as part of that retro movement in genres like sci-fi, action and horror.

I like it but .. I think it's a modern fake .. ;)

It's definitely a modern pastiche (homage?), well done with a lot of in jokes. Its based on The Case of the Chemical Syndicate - the first Batman story, with the Red Hood lifted from the 1951 original Joker origin story though (although the Joker has been around since 1940.i

The real giveaway is that they credit the creators as Bob Kane and Bill Finger - Finger didn't even get credit on the '89 Batman.

I watched Suicide Squad yesterday, what sparkling dialogue. Including such gems from Deadshot as "So you're on of them deaf-ass hoes!" and "This shit be crazy y'all!".
I don't quite get why it made my friend fall in love with the Joker either.

Not upcoming but such a great wTF I'd sooner leave it here than bury it in the WTF thread.

In the 80s, DC had an office ballot for which character was going to get AIDS. :eek:

DC were obsessed with being gritty in the 80s, hence a bunch of serial killer plotlines and urban hell scenarios. Some say it affected the wider pop culture so that anything bleak and miserable is even to this day immediately given a higher status than offering us a happy ending.

DC were obsessed with being gritty in the 80s, hence a bunch of serial killer plotlines and urban hell scenarios. Some say it affected the wider pop culture so that anything bleak and miserable is even to this day immediately given a higher status than offering us a happy ending.

Their 80s high note for me was The Joker becoming Iran's Ambassador to the UN.

Ayatollah Khomeini: Monsieur La Joker, I have a place for you in my Cabinet.

Not upcoming but such a great wTF I'd sooner leave it here than bury it in the WTF thread.

In the 80s, DC had an office ballot for which character was going to get AIDS. :eek:

Can't be Batman. He wears rather a lot of rubber.

Their 80s high note for me was The Joker becoming Iran's Ambassador to the UN.

Ayatollah Khomeini: Monsieur La Joker, I have a place for you in my Cabinet.

Shortly before beating Robin to death! What an awful, reactionary story that was.

Looks epic and slick and, well, a bit generic. They're going with the anti-war theme, I take it. Never goes out of fashion.

Back