• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Upcoming Marvel Adaptations

At least Ant-Man survived. But that trailer is a bit of a non-trailer, it doesn't really tell us anything we didn't know, and the visual effects aren't finished on the important stuff so there's none included.
Well, except the title, which everyone thought was "Annihilation" before this came out. And it wasn't confirmed that Clint was running around as Ronin, and I think they made that clear.

Also, it seems to pick up immediately after Infinity War left off, while most commentators had been speculating about a time shift to ten years or so later.

But apart from that it didn't really tell us anything.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: Not one but many types of Spider superheroes, there must be a lot of radioactive spiders out there. We are dealing with The Spider-Verse, Spider-Man might be Peter B. Parker, 15 years older, cynical and washed out; could be Peter Porker/Spider-Ham, a pig from a cartoon universe; Gwen Stacey/Spider-Woman; Spider-Man Noir from a Monochrome 1930s universe; Peri Parker from an anime universe with her bio-mechanical suit - Sp//dr. Last but certainly not least we have Miles Morales who is bitten by a radioactive spider while tagging with his uncle.

This is all brought about by Fisk/Kingpin who has built a particle-accelerator to contact alternate versions of his dead wife and child in parallel universes, his actions are wreaking havoc in the Multiverse (and local earthquakes) allowing the Spiders to cross over. This universe’s Spider-Man tries to halt this but battling Doc Ock, The Goblin and The Prowler he is fatally injured, meeting Miles he passes his mantle on to him.

And so the adventure is afoot! Will Miles with the aid of the four Spider heroes defeat Kingpin and his motley crew? With the aid of Aunt May and the deceased Spider-Man’s vast underground HQ they might have some chance. Truly great animation which takes things to a new level, if there is any justice then Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse should be competing for Best Film Oscar and not just Best Animated feature. The only cartoonish thing about this project is Spider-Ham and he makes anvils appear from nowhere to squash villains in the best Roadrunner traditions.

The new Spider-Man, Miles, has a complicated life, he attends a boarding school for talented teens, he feels isolated from his family and old friends. But Gwen (Spider-Woman) is also a pupil and a potential romance may lie in the future even if she returns to her own universe. Hopefully this will be the first in a series set in the Marvel Spider-Verse. 9/10.

Last edited:
We're watching VENOM at the moment, I know the fashion for super hero type films these days is to go dark but blimey it's brutal! .. without checking, I'd be surprised if it's a PG13.

I just recently watched Venom, meself. I really enjoyed the back-and-forth betwixt the two leads and I'm hoping for another movie.

A Super-Skrull probably could do that.

I'm still on the fence about Brie Larson as Carol, but I'm still going to go see it. And probably enjoy it. If only for Kelly Sue DeConnick's cameo.

Best bit of the new Spidey trailer?

The orchestral version of the classic theme, of course!

Fan theories about the Spidey trailer now include Iron Man dying in Endgame because it's Nick Fury who appears to Peter, not Tony Stark. But didn't
Nick Fury disappear at the end of Infinity War?
So maybe they're messing with us.

Best bit of the new Spidey trailer?

The orchestral version of the classic theme, of course!
True, but also: Mysterio is wearing the fishbowl!

Fan theories about the Spidey trailer now include Iron Man dying in Endgame because it's Nick Fury who appears to Peter, not Tony Stark. But didn't
Well, if you want to be like that...
There's no-one in the trailer that we know for sure didn't disappear in the Snappening.

Is it just me or does the Punisher's skull logo make it look like he's wearing a bra - not that I'd say it to him of course.
Jon-Bernthal-as-Frank-Castle-in-The-Punisher-jon-bernthal-40897936-791-1000.jpg

Cool story, bra. Sorry, I mean "Cool bra story".

Watched the first in season 2 of The Punisher, it's still pretty boring. But I'm going to try and take less than a year to finish it this time, unlike season 1. O for a Punisher that goes full-on 1980s Cannon and doesn't try to add shade and nuance, it's wasted on him.

They put deliberate misdirects in the marketing, though this could be a double bluff.

Man, these X-Men movies are really samey. Here's the new trailer for the next one:

It's the end of the universe! Again.

Well, the Dark Phoenix Saga was a subplot of X-Men III: The Last Stand. And the guy who wrote that one is directing this one. So...

Yeah, couldn't be better! Hmm. Anyway, it seems people are aghast Jennifer "couldn't get out of her X-Men contract" Lawrence gets killed off in the trailer. I'd be more aghast she's still there this long after The Hunger Games made her a millionaire.

I wasn't even sure it was her to start with. She looks completely different somehow, which, given she's a shapeshifter, isn't necessarily a problem, but she didn't look the way I remember her looking in the previous films.

I wasn't even sure it was her to start with. She looks completely different somehow, which, given she's a shapeshifter, isn't necessarily a problem, but she didn't look the way I remember her looking in the previous films.

I believe they do her "makeup" with computer, but if so they must have lost the app from her last few outings, because she looks dreadful in that trailer. E.g. she has my haircut from the 90s.

And I assure you that I do enjoy life--but not with superhero movies. I confess that I haven't seen one for a few years, but I always found them hackneyed and formulaic. Comic books needn't be, by the way, but the attempt to adapt, sweeten and distill them into a two-hour, sequel-friendly package tends to generate tripe.

Watchmen was filled with promising seeds, but ultimately it failed in the delivery.

THIS IS NOT A PARODY:

Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 23.34.45.png

Source:
https://slate.com/culture/2019/03/captain-marvel-review-brie-larson-movie.html

:rofl2:

That explains why a 4-year old female student was insisting I address her as 'Captain Marvel' rather than 'Megan' today.
She explained more today. 'i saw the captain marvel movie and when it finished my name became Captain marvel. '

There's no Boy Captain Marvel for me to be when I grow up so I will not watch it.

Back