• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Upcoming Marvel Adaptations

mike-mayhew-she-hulk-no-9-cover-she-hulk_a-G-13911302-0.jpg

I successfully avoided IW spoilers too! It is possible. I didn't even know that... thing happened in the first ten minutes. There wasn't even a great disturbance in the Force as millions of ladies of a certain age cried out and were suddenly silenced.

I successfully avoided IW spoilers too! It is possible. I didn't even know that... thing happened in the first ten minutes. There wasn't even a great disturbance in the Force as millions of ladies of a certain age cried out and were suddenly silenced.

Yeah I didn't know about that either. I reckon that's the only thing that's permanent though.

The Iron Fist series really needs more supernatural stuff. We want mystical ninjas, not triads who sell heroin.

The Iron Fist series really needs more supernatural stuff. We want mystical ninjas, not triads who sell heroin.

I hope some mystical stuff is arriving in the expected shipment. I've just seen the Hatchets Boss killed because he couldn't deliver it. I like the Shangri La/Shamballa aspects.

Captain Marvel trailer! Looks really... generic!

The music starts at a crescendo and tries to go higher too. No idea what the granny abuse is about, is this what it takes to get people into cinemas nowadays?

Skrulls are shape-shifters.
"Sure...she was a Skrull...that's why I punched her..."

It's interesting that they've clearly de-aged Samuel L. Jackson, but it looks like they've just put a toupee on Clark Gregg. (I'm guessing we won't get to see either Maria Hill, since I don't think Cobie Smulders is old enough, or Melinda May, despite the fact Ming Na Wen is.)

Fox have just announced a new Deadpool movie for Christmas. This Christmas. Rumours are it'll be Deadpool 2 recut to be suitable for children. This presupposes children don't watch Deadpool 2 as it is anyway.

Iron Fist cancelled by Netflix. I still haven't watched it, mind you apparently Netflix will no longer be operating in the UK after Brexit, and that's too much binge watching for me to see all the Marvel shows before they go.

The Netflix Brexit thing this week was a load of misinformation. When you get past the headlines the real story is that UK account holders won't be able to access it in EU countries any more. Spotify will be the same.

The Netflix Brexit thing this week was a load of misinformation. When you get past the headlines the real story is that UK account holders won't be able to access it in EU countries any more. Spotify will be the same.
Just the EU being childish again.

I wish they would make a film of Quasar, or at least have him turn up in one of the films- mainly because it's probably the only thing that will make Marvel reprint the 80s/90s series. Despite having a terrible reputation (even while it was being published, the letters page was asking for readers suggestions to help it avoid cancellation! ), the first 50 issues are really high quality, and the Cosmos in Collision story is better than 95% of the stuff Marvel published in the 90s.

Personally I found season 2 a letdown. I want a supervillain, not family issues.

Netflix just cancelled both Iron Fist and Luke Cage.

People are hoping for a Heroes for Hire series, but if it turns up, it might be on Disney’s streaming service instead.

Netflix just cancelled both Iron Fist and Luke Cage.
I get that. Iron Fist never quite got off the ground, imo the Fist himself was unsympathetic and a bit of a twat. I liked Luke Cage better but just stopped watching...for no definable reason.

Although JJ2 was family issues, for some reason the central character is more endearing, even though she acts the idiot.

I wish they would make a film of Quasar, or at least have him turn up in one of the films- mainly because it's probably the only thing that will make Marvel reprint the 80s/90s series. Despite having a terrible reputation (even while it was being published, the letters page was asking for readers suggestions to help it avoid cancellation! ), the first 50 issues are really high quality, and the Cosmos in Collision story is better than 95% of the stuff Marvel published in the 90s.

And would you believe, Marvel published a collected edition of Cosmos in Collision the very day after I posted this. I honestly didn't know!

Anyone have anything they'd like me to wish for, to test my new powers of making wishes into reality?

And would you believe, Marvel published a collected edition of Cosmos in Collision the very day after I posted this. I honestly didn't know!

Anyone have anything they'd like me to wish for, to test my new powers of making wishes into reality?

The Exorcist TV series - get it uncancelled.

At least Ant-Man survived. But that trailer is a bit of a non-trailer, it doesn't really tell us anything we didn't know, and the visual effects aren't finished on the important stuff so there's none included.

Here's the new Captain Marvel trailer for the sake of completion:

Really going for the cat lover's market, there.

A new series of Farscape!

Back