• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Upcoming Marvel Adaptations

After the announcement that Tatiana Maslany is the new She-Hulk on TV, she's apparently said this was news to her, so it doesn't seem to be true. A lot of people are saying this is because she's only 5'4" and the character is 6'7", but I believe there's this thing called visual effects that could remedy that. So the real reason of what was going on there is a mystery.
Surely finding an actress they think is right for that part that’s 6’7” would be pretty hard going.

They could cast Ellen Page or Hayden Panetierre and CGI could make them 6'7". I just thought it was weird they did this big announcement and days later she's like "Nope".

Anyone watch WandaVision? Like a cross between Bewitched and The Prisoner, I actually wouldn't mind a Marvel sitcom like this, but every so often something sinister happens. It's not bad, the sitcom humour is quite funny!

Anyone watch WandaVision? Like a cross between Bewitched and The Prisoner, I actually wouldn't mind a Marvel sitcom like this, but every so often something sinister happens. It's not bad, the sitcom humour is quite funny!

Delightfully bonkers They nailed the timeframes humour very well.

What was going on with Dottie (Emma Caulfield’s character)? Very sinister.

Are the in show adverts giving us clues as well?

Also lots of glimpses of the
S.W.O.R.D. logo
throughout the show.

Don't know about Dottie, but Kathryn Hahn nailed the next door neighbour character (so to speak).

What was the significance of the helicopter? I get the feeling a lot was going over my head because I don't rewatch the movies over and over.

After the announcement that Tatiana Maslany is the new She-Hulk on TV, she's apparently said this was news to her, so it doesn't seem to be true. A lot of people are saying this is because she's only 5'4" and the character is 6'7", but I believe there's this thing called visual effects that could remedy that. So the real reason of what was going on there is a mystery.

My choice would have been Adrianne Palicki https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1597316/ but she’s already been in S.H.I.E.L.D. as Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird). Still under 6ft, but always looks taller.

Don't know about Dottie, but Kathryn Hahn nailed the next door neighbour character (so to speak).

What was the significance of the helicopter? I get the feeling a lot was going over my head because I don't rewatch the movies over and over.

Love Kathryn Hahn in everything I’ve seen her in. I pointed out to my wife that the helicopter was in Iron Man red and gold. It also had the
S.W.O.R.D logo
on it.

I enjoyed it a great deal as a novelty, but I hope they don't spend too much of its nine episodes parodying sitcoms (as much as I enjoyed a return to the feeling of watching repeats of those kinds of sitcoms in my childhood, (yes, repeats, I'm not that old) which is a testament to how effectively they executed those episodes). It annoys me when a gimmicky tv series just hints at the actual plot.

I did find myself pondering whether this was really Vision, or just part of what I assume to be a construct around Wanda. After all, Vision died in that Avengers movie (Infinity War?). But then, a past Thanos was killed before he could do that, so could Vision be alive somehow? But then, it was that past Thanos' meddling while trying to get the infinity stones that created Vision, so was Vision never created? But then, how would any of the Marvel universe be the way it currently is after their time shenanigans? :wacky:

I enjoyed it a great deal as a novelty, but I hope they don't spend too much of its nine episodes parodying sitcoms (as much as I enjoyed a return to the feeling of watching repeats of those kinds of sitcoms in my childhood, (yes, repeats, I'm not that old) which is a testament to how effectively they executed those episodes). It annoys me when a gimmicky tv series just hints at the actual plot.

I did find myself pondering whether this was really Vision, or just part of what I assume to be a construct around Wanda. After all, Vision died in that Avengers movie (Infinity War?). But then, a past Thanos was killed before he could do that, so could Vision be alive somehow? But then, it was that past Thanos' meddling while trying to get the infinity stones that created Vision, so was Vision never created? But then, how would any of the Marvel universe be the way it currently is after their time shenanigans? :wacky:

It’s been established in the Marvel Universe that there are multiple timelines. So it’s entirely possible that Vision is alive in one of them. The series is also a lead in to Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. Fans have also pointed out that in the episode 2 opening titles, the Marvel character Grim Reaper’s helmet is under the house floorboards when Vision passes through them. I am sure that there are a lot of Easter Eggs that have been missed. I’m looking forward to how this is going to develop.

I see what you mean, it's a bit dudebro, isn't it? Maybe it helps to be American.

Anyone watching The Falcon and the Winter Soldier? I decided to try it, and it's very up and down, one decent episode followed by a ho-hum episode. The trouble is, the most interesting character is Walker, the new Captain America, and they're not making him the focus, they're using him sparingly, which is weird when PTSD in veterans is apparently the whole theme.

Not a big fan of superhero movies at all. I watch 'em if it's free and there's nowt else that tickles my fancy. I just don't get into movies which are CGI films with a story tacked on. Yeah - good looking but shallow.
I really don't go for Superman, Batman etc. Aquaman was fun, the first WW was quite neat. I liked the first Thor and Ragnarok was fun.

But, in the movie setting, I really like Tom H's Loki. He has charm, he is amusing, he has personality in spades. This said, I'm looking forward to watching the series ... at least for a couple of episodes.

So far I have found the Falcon and the Winter Soldier a disjointed mess.

This has been disappointing.

It's not been the talking point that WandaVision was, that's for sure.

I enjoyed last Friday's episode a lot more than the others. I don't think that the show is at all bad, I just don't think it is different enough to generate the conversations that Wandavision did.

I'm looking forward to Loki now though.

Also, the amazing Olivia Colman is joining the MCU in Secret Invasion, alongside Sam Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn and we are to assume from the end of Wandavision,Teyonah Parris. I'm very much looking forward to this.

Hmm, there you go, that was The Falcon and the Snowman. It was OK, but you can see why it went to TV rather than the movies (though the difference may be moot from the pandemic on). Nice use of the "sustain the good guy's morality by having someone else murder the villain" trope, there.

Gave MODOK a go, not realising it was basically Robot Chicken, which I don't find funny, starring Patton Oswalt, who I don't find funny. I didn't find it funny.

Back