• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Do you think Uri Geller is......

• Absolutely genuine

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • An entertainer with no special powers

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Conman

Votes: 32 45.7%

• Total voters
Years ago, I cut out the Magic Uri Geller Blue Dot from the US National Enquirer newspaper and taped it to the folder containing my Ph.D. paperwork. I got the degree, and my boyfriend at the time - now husband - was horrified. Horrified. I told him it would work - and it did! Very satisfying. Go Geller!!!

Here we go again. As per, if he doesn't score it'll be *proof* of the cutlery-botherer's power, if he does score it'll be because *we* didn't believe enough.
Screenshot_20221210_082507_Facebook.jpg

Comes with cutlery but all of the spoons are bent.

Uri Geller's riverside palace in Sonning on Thames, England is up for sale. Listed at £7.95 million,

it's replete with nine bedrooms, cinema, gym, swimming pool, tennis court, koi pond, waterfalls, and helipad. As one would expect. But it's also tricked our with some signature Geller "magic," including a standalone meditation pyramid (top right above) and healing crystal rocks. From the Jewish Chronicle:

"I have strewn rock crystals all over my property that are millions of years old. One of them actually belonged to Albert Einstein, and that is in the rockery of our house… there is that ambiance, there's energy, there is a power of healing," he told me when we spoke in Tel Aviv this week. "Everything is energy, even rocks are energy. So definitely the person who will buy the house will no doubt live longer. I mean that seriously."

https://boingboing.net/2023/03/20/s...ling-crystal-rocks-to-lengthen-your-life.html

"So definitely the person who will buy the house will no doubt live longer. I mean that seriously."
Hmmm. Definitely a selling point but I wonder how the Advertising Standards Authority would view the pronouncement.

He could end up looking very silly. Not that that has ever bothered him much before.
All I know is that no matter what facts come out about a hyped thing, some people have imagination without limits and can make up some absurd, convoluted nonsense to justify their bullshit view. It's a skill, for sure, to resolve cognitive bias with such incredible aplomb.

Finally some good news coming out of Israel. Uri has found a brick under his museum. No really.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-68057869

Spoon-bending illusionist Uri Geller has found a brick, made near a Scottish island he owns, beneath his own museum in Israel.
Archaeologists pulled it from the furnace of the old soap factory in Old Jaffa, Tel Aviv during excavation work.
The brick was emblazoned with the word "Forth" - the trademark of a defunct brickworks in Stirlingshire.
Geller, 77, who owns Lamb Island in the Firth of Forth, said he was "completely freaking out" at the discovery.
I have to admit, that synchronicity is kind of cool.
1706340507995.png

Back