• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Dear All,

As you may or may not recall, back in the mists of time, many long-term users were required to 'update/change' their original usernames to facilitate one of the previous board changeovers. As a consequence of this fact many members' names still bear vestigial numbers, digits, prefixes and suffixes that they never originally desired.

Given that it is now a doddle to make such changes--just a couple of clicks behind the curtain--I've been contacting regular members on a fairly random basis to ask whether they'd like to revert to their original name. This seems a more sensible course of action: I'm now happy to make any and all such alterations if you would like to PM me your (caps-sensitive) preferred name. The only exception is if some sneaky devil has subsequently registered your original name again, in which case I can't very well delete them to give it back to you.

I'm not going to open the market to total identity changes, but if you'd like reversions or corrections please do get in touch.

Oh, and similarly, if you have an old inactive ID and a new active one; merging IDs is similarly simple. Just send me the link to both profile pages.

Regards
Yith

Last edited:
Dunno its way back and i only ever found one post that was mine. Will try and track it down again when i have the time.

hello,

I have found some of my early posts that I made before the forum move. The link below is to one of my posts. Is it possible to link the old account with my current one? I used to post as Misguided Fool back in the day, and still feel shame for my prank on Jim at Ghoststudy.

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...-com-what-do-you-make-of-it.14714/post-373674

Would it also be possible to change my username to ‘Mr Banooka’?

Ta

I have found some of my early posts that I made before the forum move. The link below is to one of my posts. Is it possible to link the old account with my current one? I used to post as Misguided Fool back in the day, and still feel shame for my prank on Jim at Ghoststudy.

Unfortunately, no ...

Your prior Misguided Fool account was apparently deleted or rendered FUBAR long before the 2018 migration, resulting in its being dumped into the collective limbo of a compendium account labeled with the pseudo-username 'Anonymous'. All such pre-migration deleted or damaged accounts were stripped of individual ID connections and their posts were moved into a single bin under the reserved pseudo-username.

In other words, there exists no old account record for you that could be linked into your current account.

There's no way to fish one or more posts out of this collective limbo and re-assign them to a later member account.

NOTE: In the wake of the 2018 migration the new 'Account Retired' protocol was implemented so that we could deactivate accounts while preserving their identities and post inventories associated with those identities. This innovation was largely motivated by a desire to avoid having terminated account IDs disappear and letting those accounts' postings become irretrievably blended into a common heap.

Would it also be possible to change my username to ‘Mr Banooka’?

Done.

Unfortunately, no ...

Your prior Misguided Fool account was apparently deleted or rendered FUBAR long before the 2018 migration, resulting in its being dumped into the collective limbo of a compendium account labeled with the pseudo-username 'Anonymous'. All such pre-migration deleted or damaged accounts were stripped of individual ID connections and their posts were moved into a single bin under the reserved pseudo-username.

In other words, there exists no old account record for you that could be linked into your current account.

There's no way to fish one or more posts out of this collective limbo and re-assign them to a later member account.

NOTE: In the wake of the 2018 migration the new 'Account Retired' protocol was implemented so that we could deactivate accounts while preserving their identities and post inventories associated with those identities. This innovation was largely motivated by a desire to avoid having terminated account IDs disappear and letting those accounts' postings become irretrievably blended into a common heap.

Done.

thank you. I thought it was an off chance anyway.

My youngest will be happy that I’m using the online name he’s given me.

Back