• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

USOs: Unidentified Submarine / Submerged Objects

http://www.celebrateboston.com/ufo/first-uso-sighting.htm

First USO Sighting in America
The Chaddock UFO, 1644

In January 1644, America's first USO, or Unidentified Submerged Object, was sighted. A USO is an aquatic UFO. Governor John Winthrop made two entries in his journal in regards to this unholy affair.

Captain John Chaddock's ship blew up at Battery Street in the North End. Five men lost their lives. Soon after, unexplained lights appeared in the sky. The citizens of Boston eventually ascertained that one of Chaddock's men had conjured up the spirits of the dead sailors, which was the origin of the mysterious lights. Chaddock was essentially a pirate, and had previously attempted to colonize Trinidad with a party of Bostonians.

"Exactly 16 days after the blowing up of Capt. Chaddock's ill-fated ship and crew, and just at 'the witching hour of midnight,' as Shakespeare calls it, 'when churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes forth contagion in the air,' three men in a boat, coming toward Boston—a strange hour for reputable puritans to be so far from home—saw two bright lights rise out of the water, at the place where the vessel had been blown up, just off the [old] North Ferry slip." ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting account, especially the witness that came forward.
http://blogs.capecodonline.com/cape-cod ... venties-2/

And this account:
'On April 30 1976 an unidentified object broke with great power trough the ice of the frozen lake Siljan in Sweden. The ice was over 20 cm thick, but witnesses report about a grey object which was approximately 9 metres long. This USO came from the ground of the sea and caused an over 800 metres long and 4 metres wide "channel" in the ice while it was moving and cracking with a speed of nearly 100 km/h trough the frozen surface of the sea before it was flying up to the sky without any damage.'

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc1712.htm

--And what comes out, must go in!:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/0 ... 48898.html
Now those are some hardcore weather balloons, eh? :twisted:

I thought there was a more recent thread about mystery subs but can't find it.

Finland's navy has dropped depth charges in waters near Helsinki as a warning to a suspected submarine.

An unidentified object was spotted on Monday within Finnish territorial waters. It was detected again early on Tuesday, the navy said.

The incident comes amid growing concern in the region over Russia's military exercises. ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32498790

A treasure hunter has made an astonishing 'unexplained' discovery deep beneath the Bermuda Triangle that he believes could provide the first evidence of an extra-terrestrial visit to earth hundreds of years ago.

Explorer Darrell Miklos has been using secret maps created by his close friend and famed NASA astronaut Gordon Cooper to find shipwrecks in the Caribbean.

But in recent months his team stumbled on something that he believes will shock the world.

discovery-channel-treasure-hunter-claims-to-found-ufo-in-the-bermuda-triangle.jpg

Using maps put together in the 1960s by Cooper to identify more than 100 magnetic 'anomalies' in the Caribbean, Miklos dived at an undisclosed location near the Bahamas to investigate what he thought could be an ancient shipwreck.

But instead the veteran treasure hunter found a bizarre structure like nothing he's ever seen.

The huge unidentified submerged object (USO) has 15, 300ft long obtrusions jutting from its side.

1533895194_alien-spaceship-bermuda-triangle.jpg

In an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com Miklos, 55, described what he found while filming episode seven of Cooper's Treasure and tells how he and his team want to bring the 'alien spaceship' to the surface.

He recalls: 'We were doing a scene where I was sitting in a two man submersible.

'We were out in the Bahamas and we were on an English shipwreck trail, somehow related to Sir Francis Drake.

'I was trying to identify shipwreck material based on one of the anomaly readings on Gordon's charts when I noticed something that stuck out, that shocked me.

Miklos, 55, described what he found while filming episode seven of Cooper's Treasure and tells how he and his team want to bring the 'alien spaceship' to the surface

'It was a formation unlike anything I've ever seen related to shipwreck material, it was too big for that.

'It's almost like there are five arms coming out of a steep wall cliff and each one of these is the size of a gun on a battleship. They're enormous and then there's five over here and five over there, 15 in total.

'There's identical formations in three different areas and they don't look nature made, they don't look man made, certainly nothing I've ever seen based on my experience and I have years of experience at doing this, we've identified multiple different types of shipwreck material, this doesn't match or look anything like that.'

The deepest part of the site is 300 feet below the surface, divers had to use special breathing apparatus and a state of the art submarine to access it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ims-hes-evidence-extra-terrestrial-visit.html

maximus otter

They've found it! The spacecraft that brought humans here from Mars.

I've watched a few episodes of Cooper's Treasure and Darrell comes across as very enthusiastic and likeable but he does have a whiff of "last chance saloon" about him. In the opening episode, his wife gave him an ultimatum along the lines of "This is your last adventure. Stop pissing around. After this, go and get a proper job".

I wonder if his dream of finding the treasure is looking more and more unlikely and this thing (whatever it is) is a way of extending his adventure - maybe even securing more funding? I'm sure there are people out there willing to fund an operation.

Or it could be a huge spaceship in which case Series 2 is going to be AWESOME!

'It's almost like there are five arms coming out of a steep wall cliff and each one of these is the size of a gun on a battleship. They're enormous and then there's five over here and five over there, 15 in total.
...so...it's a battleship?

Yes...the aliens crashed their ship in the Bermuda triangle and have been hiding out in Miami, Fla ever since.

;)

These sound like some of my objects and the some of the same the Navy was dealing with (and in "airship" era, too). Also Catalina island is near --tons of UFOs entering H20 there. Know a military guy who saw some, too:
"
Off the coast of Half Moon Bay, California, an eyewitness reported that in 2007 she observed three UFOs while aboard the cruise ship Dawn Princess (renamed in 2017 Pacific Explorer.)
“After about 5 minutes, three softly glowing objects came into view – three uniform, nearly spherical objects, evenly spaced in a line parallel to the ship’s hull and hovering just above the water surface… They appeared to stay in one place while the ship moved past them. They were hovering, but didn’t disturb the water below them. Just as they went out of my sight, the left one (toward the bow) splashed down into the water and disappeared."​

These sound like some of my objects and the some of the same the Navy was dealing with (and in "airship" era, too). Also Catalina island is near --tons of UFOs entering H20 there. Know a military guy who saw some, too:
"
Off the coast of Half Moon Bay, California,
Unless there's another Catalina Island in California, Half Moon Bay and Catalina island are roughly 550km from each other. They are not near.

Unless there's another Catalina Island in California, Half Moon Bay and Catalina island are roughly 550km from each other. They are not near.
Right. I guess I was thinking of the article with objects entering the water near San Francisco.

Yes...the aliens crashed their ship in the Bermuda triangle and have been hiding out in Miami, Fla ever since.

;)
And we all thought they were Cubans !

If one goes onto Google Earth, and looks at the area just of the coast of Southern California, from as low as you can without losing too much resolution, you will find something rather odd.

I can't give co-ordinates as I can't get GE on this machine. But start right at the lower end of California and track up the coast looking at the water just of the coast.

The surface of the sea bed looks pretty much normal and natural until you suddenly find an area that looks very unnatural indeed.

Worth a look.

INT21.

If one goes onto Google Earth, and looks at the area just of the coast of Southern California, from as low as you can without losing too much resolution, you will find something rather odd.

I can't give co-ordinates as I can't get GE on this machine. But start right at the lower end of California and track up the coast looking at the water just of the coast.

The surface of the sea bed looks pretty much normal and natural until you suddenly find an area that looks very unnatural indeed.

Worth a look.

INT21.
This could take some time. Where is the nearest location (town, etc.)?

Just had a look at my map.

I should have said 'not Baja California'.

If I remember rightly it was just of the coast of San Diego. So if you start right at the junction between Baja California and Southern California you should be in the right area.

There was some discussion about this, but I can't remember if it was on this site or not.

You mean the ocean floor just off La Jolla? It does look odd.
Bear in mind that the ocean floor in GE is modelled and rendered from satellite depth scans, so it can look weirder than it is.

I'll have to check this out later today, At the moment I'm using a public terminal that want my soul and a blood sample before it lets me use GE.

Just spent a fruitless hour trying to get my laptop to accept Google Earth. It used to.

But apparently Google isn't dinosaur friendly. First it wanted me to install Chrome. Then it told me Chrome doesn't support XP, and also my graphics card wasn't up to snuff.

So I went into control panel and put everything back as it was.

So I'm afraid I can't help any further with this undersea search unless i can get onto another machine. I don't know how to get my Linux to download GE.

Certainly can't afford another laptop what will do the job.

If I find the earlier post mentioning this, I'll come back to it.

INT21.

How do you get to 'the Lowe files' from the homepage on that link.

How do you get to 'the Lowe files' from the homepage on that link.

The link in the linked webpage's header:

https://www.aetv.com/shows/the-lowe-files

... takes you to the homepage for The Lowe Files.

Links to the individual online videos work, but the A&E site restricts access unless you disable any active ad blockers.

I find the link works if I use my VPN and say I am in America (Hi, anyone in Boston , Mass). But I do come up against the add-blocker warning.

I am trying to find my earlier content on this subject that is on another site (Dr Wu, can you remember it ?) but will temporarily remove the blocker if I can't.

A treasure hunter has made an astonishing 'unexplained' discovery deep beneath the Bermuda Triangle that he believes could provide the first evidence of an extra-terrestrial visit to earth hundreds of years ago.

Explorer Darrell Miklos has been using secret maps created by his close friend and famed NASA astronaut Gordon Cooper to find shipwrecks in the Caribbean.

But in recent months his team stumbled on something that he believes will shock the world.

discovery-channel-treasure-hunter-claims-to-found-ufo-in-the-bermuda-triangle.jpg

Using maps put together in the 1960s by Cooper to identify more than 100 magnetic 'anomalies' in the Caribbean, Miklos dived at an undisclosed location near the Bahamas to investigate what he thought could be an ancient shipwreck.

But instead the veteran treasure hunter found a bizarre structure like nothing he's ever seen.

The huge unidentified submerged object (USO) has 15, 300ft long obtrusions jutting from its side.

1533895194_alien-spaceship-bermuda-triangle.jpg

In an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com Miklos, 55, described what he found while filming episode seven of Cooper's Treasure and tells how he and his team want to bring the 'alien spaceship' to the surface.

He recalls: 'We were doing a scene where I was sitting in a two man submersible.

'We were out in the Bahamas and we were on an English shipwreck trail, somehow related to Sir Francis Drake.

'I was trying to identify shipwreck material based on one of the anomaly readings on Gordon's charts when I noticed something that stuck out, that shocked me.

Miklos, 55, described what he found while filming episode seven of Cooper's Treasure and tells how he and his team want to bring the 'alien spaceship' to the surface

'It was a formation unlike anything I've ever seen related to shipwreck material, it was too big for that.

'There's identical formations in three different areas and they don't look nature made, they don't look man made, certainly nothing I've ever seen based on my experience and I have years of experience at doing this, we've identified multiple different types of shipwreck material, this doesn't match or look anything like that.'

The deepest part of the site is 300 feet below the surface, divers had to use special breathing apparatus and a state of the art submarine to access it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ims-hes-evidence-extra-terrestrial-visit.html

maximus otter

Was hoping for an update on this story, but every online article, even dated just a few days ago, simply reprints the original photos amidst paragraphs of wild speculation.
Would love for it to be a genuine anomalous structure but, to me, it merely looks like coral covering rocky outcrops and a couple of natural hydrothermal vents.

Was hoping for an update on this story, but every online article, even dated just a few days ago, simply reprints the original photos amidst paragraphs of wild speculation.
Would love for it to be a genuine anomalous structure but, to me, it merely looks like coral covering rocky outcrops and a couple of natural hydrothermal vents.
Seems like the sort of thing people would be eager to look at unless there's a government ban on it or something.

Back