• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
They use Travis Taylor for anything these days. Astronomical TV shows even, while his education is aeronautical as far as I know. I'll bet the astronomers on these TV shows are rolling their eyes every time he shows up.

They use Travis Taylor for anything these days. Astronomical TV shows even, while his education is aeronautical as far as I know. I'll bet the astronomers on these TV shows are rolling their eyes every time he shows up.
According to Wikipedia
Taylor's degrees are from Auburn University (B.E.E. '91) and the University of Alabama Huntsville (MS '94, Ph.D. '99, MSE '01, Ph.D. '12). He has a doctorate in optical science and engineering, a master's degree in physics, a master's degree in aerospace engineering, a master's degree in astronomy, and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travis_S._Taylor

Sounds like they've all got plenty to 'look up' to then!

Last edited:
OK. I stand corrected. But there is something about that makes him appear "lightweight".

Bad research by me. On the astronomical show he was interviewed on he was listed as "aerospace engineer".
Well 'Vardoger,' sounds like the Astronomical Show researchers didn't bother to carry out very much research either!

OK. I stand corrected. But there is something about that makes him appear "lightweight".

Bad research by me. On the astronomical show he was interviewed on he was listed as "aerospace engineer".
I think that was probably refering to his profession, rather than his qualifications.

Just started on Quest in the UK - with the entire season available on Discovery Plus - is Mystery at Blind Frog Ranch, which is 20 miles south of Skinwalker Ranch and appears to suffer from the same maladies. Lots of malfunctioning equipment in episode one...

From Jason Colavito's email Newsletter.

Newsletter
• Vol. 19 • Issue 16 • October 17, 2021 •

It’s been a busy week. Let’s see what’s new…

News
The sublime and the ridiculous are never far apart in the world of space aliens and UFOs. This week George Knapp and two other authors released a new book, Skinwalkers at the Pentagon, that revealed from the mouth of the original head of the Pentagon UFO program that it was always a wackadoodle paranormal investigation into aliens, ghosts, and werewolves, including a memorable scene in which Robert Bigelow allegedly witnessed a beaver-dinosaur hybrid fly across the Skinwalker Ranch sky. The book carried Sen. Harry Reid’s endorsement. It came out the same week that the National Cathedral announced a special forum in which a Washington Post reporter would conduct a discussion with NASA Administrator Bill Nelson, UFO-hunting astronomer Avi Loeb, and a theologian in order to explore how UFOs and space aliens will affect “religious life.” I’m not really comfortable with NASA’s administrator conceptualizing space in religious terms, and Loeb might want to think twice before tying Project Galileo’s hunt for UFOs to questions of faith.

Coming May 3rd, a most popular show on the American History Channel the third season of Skinwalker Ranch.

This is the most studied 512 acres in the Uintah Basin in N.E. Corner of Utah, Brandon Fugal in 2016 bought the ranch from the Bigelow Company.

Travis Taylor will again look into the black magic of the Navajo Tribe mixed with all kinds of paranormal happening too.

Brandon claims he has not made one cent from the ranch or TV show and before he bought the Skinwalker Ranch he was 100% skeptic.

Just right after he bought the ranch he and his staff had their own undeniable face to face with a UFO that Brandon claims changed his life.

I am addicted to the Skinwalker Ranch program.

I think the people in this show are very “ sincere “ about what they are doing.

I know sincere does not equal truth.

The millionaire Brandon Fugal has “ balls “ to tell his TV audience that UFOs are real, but stops short of explaining his opinion where these UFOs come from.

I am addicted to the Skinwalker Ranch program.

I think the people in this show are very “ sincere “ about what they are doing.

I know sincere does not equal truth.

The millionaire Brandon Fugal has “ balls “ to tell his TV audience that UFOs are real, but stops short of explaining his opinion where these UFOs come from.
Charlie - where exactly is the Skinwalker ranch program shown? Youtube? If you could post a URL I'd appreciate it.

I could be wrong, but Skinwalker Ranch in England is available on Sky History or streaming on Sky Go.

I really don’t how this stuff works in other countries

If you can get the History Channel on cable, the third season starts on May 3rd at 10 PM EST.

The older seasons could be on YouTube, maybe ?

If you can get the History Channel on cable, the third season starts on May 3rd at 10 PM EST.

The older seasons could be on YouTube, maybe ?
So its worth watching as I have lost patience with a lot shows and so called experts and quite happy to watch repeats of Grange Hill ?

So its worth watching as I have lost patience with a lot shows and so called experts and quite happy to watch repeats of Grange Hill ?
I took a look at the youtube videos today and there are dozens - all with slightly different names. No idea which are the better ones.

Over the years there have been programs about Skinwalker Ranch, but Fugal’s production I think has been unbiased and scientific.

Bryant Arnold, aka Dragon, and the rest of the characters at the ranch have worked for Fugal for years.

The main person, Travis Taylor has many degrees and is a consultant for NASA and the Department of Defense.

Travis has :

Doctorate in optics
Doctorate in engineering
Masters in physics
Masters in aerospace
Masters in astronomy
Bachelor in electrical engineering

So, when Travis says something very paranormal at Skinwalker Ranch, I believe him.

I took a look at the youtube videos today and there are dozens - all with slightly different names. No idea which are the better ones.
There are short clips on Youtube if you search for The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch. I noticed the whole series is on too but you have to pay for it.

The main person, Travis Taylor has many degrees and is a consultant for NASA and the Department of Defense.

Travis has :

Doctorate in optics
Doctorate in engineering
Masters in physics
Masters in aerospace
Masters in astronomy
Bachelor in electrical engineering

So, when Travis says something very paranormal at Skinwalker Ranch, I believe him.
He does have a lot of degrees but I still find myself being sceptical of him. Has he spent so much time doing degrees that he hasn't really spent an awful lot of time doing actual research in any of these fields?

Am I being unfair?

He does have a lot of degrees but I still find myself being sceptical of him. Has he spent so much time doing degrees that he hasn't really spent an awful lot of time doing actual research in any of these fields?

Am I being unfair?
I think he's a very learned chap who has spotted a gravy train and is following a script.
And I can't say I blame him.

My father in law said that with the credentials Travis had, he would be able to explain a lot of the electrical anomalies away without any experiments, but that doesn't fit the narrative.

In short it's theatrics for the TV.

It doesn't take anything from the investigation, it just adds drama. And to be honest it would be pretty boring without it.

I'm just gutted I won't be able to head to the high seas and download it alongside oak island on Wednesday after it has aired on Tuesday. Fingers crossed I'll be home by the end of the week.

One thing I have just thought about is that Travis was on Oak Island once and came up with a theory that the big boulders on the Island lined up with the stars. He theorised that they would likely find another large Boulder on one of the other islands in the locale. And lo and behold, there was a very large Boulder when they went to investigate.

It always seemed strange that this wasn't followed up.

All we need is news of another series of Blind Frog Ranch and Curse of Civil War gold to see us through to November and series 10 of oak island.

I think he's a very learned chap who has spotted a gravy train and is following a script.
And I can't say I blame him.
Yes, that is probably true and I'll bet he is making a ton more cash than he would as an academic. His pension would be looking a bit thin otherwise with all that degree time. :p
I'm just gutted I won't be able to head to the high seas and download it alongside oak island on Wednesday after it has aired on Tuesday. Fingers crossed I'll be home by the end of the week.
Well at least you'll have lots of TV to look forward to when you do!

My father in law said that with the credentials Travis had, he would be able to explain a lot of the electrical anomalies away without any experiments, but that doesn't fit the narrative.

In short it's theatrics for the TV.

It doesn't take anything from the investigation, it just adds drama. And to be honest it would be pretty boring without it.
Oh I don't know, I would happily watch a spin off series presented by Travis called "Here's what I really think." I can but dream..

Back