• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Uwe Boll's Thread Of Eternal Shame

Ach, leave the guy alone, he's just trying to make a living and now it's fashionable to bash him. It's not like anyone is forcing the haters to watch his films, is it?

On the other hand he's buying up the rights to a whole slew of games, completely changing them so they are almost unrecognizable other than by the name and stopping other people who might want to *gawd-forbid* make a decent movie out of a much loved game!
He dosnt care about the subject matter, he's just buying the names of games so people might actually watch his tripe. If he made an entirely original film of his own devising it would sink without a trace.

Yeah, but seriously, when has anyone ever made a great movie out of a computer game?

Good point. But at least other films have a coherent and consistent plot. Resident Evil might not be amazing but at least it's entertaining, hell even Wing Commander has a better plot that one of his films. I'm watching Dungeon Siege: In the Name of the King at the moment (so I'm not prejudiced. I didnt think Alone in the Dark was as bad as portrayed). Man, farmers are like all veteran heros apparently,able to slaughter entire companies of badly-dressed monsters in this movie. Geez man, I've witnessed better combat at LARP events! And better costumes!

Have we really not talked about Boll for seven years?

Anyway, he quit Kickstarter today, but left us a positive message -

How did Uwe Boll get a PhD?
Also, I have no idea how he stays in business.

Rampage 3 'is an important movie'. Ho-ho-ho.
On the plus side, he has an awesome gestapo accent.

Can we lobby him to say, "Vare eez yor gott now, Eenglundur?"

A tragic loss to world cinema. I hope his contribution to the cinematic arts is marked by a special Lifetime Achievement Oscar :)

A tragic loss to world cinema. I hope his contribution to the cinematic arts is marked by a special Lifetime Achievement Oscar :)
Isn't that considered by many to be The Kiss of Death?

Uwe can entertain people without even making a film now! Tell me that's not talent.

I have really tried to watch this.... but my brain logged off before 1:30 and I ended up contemplating about new nappies I had to buy this weekend...

Perhaps he will return to Germany - and never be heard from again? :)

The gift that keeps on giving...

Yes, Uwe Boll...everybody in Hollywood is laughing! They're laughing at YOU, you clueless twat! :D
I don't think I have ever knowingly watched an Uwe Boll film.

The Boll takes on The Rock...

Uwe Boll Threatens Legal Action Against ‘Rampage’, Demands Warner Bros. Change The Title
Known for adapting video games for film, Uwe Boll isn’t too happy with Warner Bros. and New Line’s upcoming action pic Rampage starring Dwayne Johnson. The German director released a Rampage trilogy of his own starting in 2009 and in a statement released on his website, it is said he is pursuing legal action against the studio for “using his brand.”

Boll released his first Rampage movie in 2009 which was followed by 2014’s Rampage: Capital Punishment and 2016’s Rampage: President Down. The movies do not share the storyline of Warner Bros’ adaptation of the monster sci-fi video game, but Boll says that the new movie will “shrink” his brand and the money he can make with his future Rampage movies. He also adds, “It also confuses the audience!”
http://deadline.com/2018/03/uwe-boll-rampage-warner-bros-new-line-dwayne-johnson-1202356480/

They will have to pay him a large sum of money to be able to use the name. And that's what he counts on. They will probably only be able to use the Rampage name in USA.
Easily fixed - change the name.
No more Boll nastiness.

There's a lot of movies (well, a few) that are using other, older movies' names now. But I should think Herr Boll is legally screwed because the Rampage film is based on a computer game invented decades before he ever thought of his effort.

Boll on Facebook tonight, wants to get back in the ring with a familiar face...
i want to box alex jones, the clima change denier, trump friend, fachist and conspiricy theorist (sic)
NSFW vid:

Back