• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Valentown Museum Ghost Footage

eris1369

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
hmmmmm...

Link to original footage dead, now replaced.

I believe this is the 'enhanced version' referred to below.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like someone dressed up in something dark wandering around ;)

Interesting, and nicely spooky.

But why does the figure move a lot quicker in the enhanced version? In the 'raw' version it looks almost like it bumps into something and backs up slightly, in the others it doesn't...

I likeit because it gives me the heebies. It takes quite a while for the figure to move but I had my ye on the blob from the start because I didn't want to miss anything.
First of all it looked as if it was sitting somewhere, got up from behind the table and then waddled out of the room, not caring much about the investigator. Probably had enough, saw that they were filming, waited quietly but then decided to leg it outside.
Of course it is easy to come up with logical explanations, the usual "hoax", glitches in digital images etc. However if this is real footage, I think it is quite something. If not this then somebody somewhere surely will manage to catch one of those buggers [sorry ghosts] on camera. Then what?
People come up with the usual explanations and then it gets binned. Shame, cause this one could tell us a lot.
In the end how do you prove anything?

Hmmmm.

The video footage is suspiciously bad.

How can anyone take such crappy quality video footage considering the equipment available in 2006?

I was using better night vision equipment twenty years ago!

*edited for content *

They claim that "we showed this to experts in the field who could not explain this" but don't tell us which experts and what field they are expert in. Similarily, I'm not quite sure what they mean by "a television photographer who does enhancements", but again if they're going to claim him as an expert witness then they need to name him and explain what his credentials are.

I'm not much impressed with "Director" J. Burkhart's so-called analysis of the tape, eithier.

Our congratulations to Director Dwayne Claud and his team at WNY Paranormal for a job well done! Because this video is of an actual 100% real live haunting including highly unuique evidence which strongly supports the existence of life beyond the grave.

As far as the film itself goes, it's certainly intriguing footage but I'd want to see it subjected to some pretty rigorous analysis before I accepted it at face value.

And even an authenticated film of a transparent figure is not - despite Director Dwayne's excitable ramblings - proof of life beyond the grave.

Is it just me or has the video now disappeared? Did gray's debunk make them withdraw it? Or is it just not Mac friendly?

Anyone else got another link?

mooks out

Link fine mate. However, as I've previously noted: I have little to no techy skills, but do have a good eye (shame about the other). Anyhoo...the duck verdict: fake mcFake of fakedom. I will gladly...gladly...listen to other evidence and arguments (so not closed mind), but Plllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz- the clip I saw was just too bad.

However, as good scientist (honest injun - are you allowed to say that in the USA anymore?) I willingly state that perhaps a 'real' ghost vid would look fake. Yet, extraordinary claims etc.....

I'm afraid it's in wmv format - there's probably some bit of freeware out there that would let you play wmv files on a Mac if you were desperate to see it. Winamp maybe?

"Not Found
The requested URL /case/valentown/valentown.wmv was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

Eh...little help here!

I noticed that Time Warner have checked the footage and are at a loss.

http://supernaturalparanormal.com/?p=97#comments
"The image is either there or it is not there. When watching all four scenes at once there is no other investigator doing this action that the “apparition” is doing.
Additionally, if you notice there are wave lines through the footage caused by the camera themselves. There is no interuption of those waves which would be apparent with a video alteration. This has also been verified by Timewarner who analyized this footage carefully looking for any natural cause for this phenomenon."

Even bloody Time Warner have seen it! I want to see it!

mooks out

Our congratulations to Director Dwayne Claud and his team at WNY Paranormal for a job well done! Because this video is of an actual 100% real live haunting including highly unuique evidence which strongly supports the existence of life beyond the grave.

If life beyond the grave involves hanging around in old buildings at night, I can't say I'm looking forward to that sort of 'life' ;)

Time Warner covers a huge area of the industry.

Everything from Charlie's Angels to news programmes. I've never heard of them offering video analysis. So I'm dubious as well! I've given up trying to download Winamp with a plug in. Can anyone get a QT version posted or hosted...I mean for GAWDSAKE it's the 21st century man!!

mooks out

Looked like it was doing a penguin plodding like walk.

The youtube one has the figure less clear.

At last!!! Thank you Alien the Gray! (Soon to be Alien the White I hope!)

Four things:-
I completely agree with Arthur, terrible technology these ghost hunters are using, this being shot on that Fisher Price kids camera from a few years back me thinks. The glitches don't look like digital break up to me, looks like tape drop out. Digital break up tends to make the whole screen go digital not a couple of lines. (EDIT - just watched it again and the drop out is on DVC tape, i'd put money on that - time to buy new tapes man!) Lines is how tapes are recorded and televisions read I think, heck no I know! If there were four other cameras why can't we see what they got, why did we end up with the crap one with the digital signal that drops out?

The way the "ghost" walks troubles me. If it had walked normally that would have been scarier than the Scooby Doo shuffle this "ghost" is doing? It's like it shuffles forward stops and looks into camera. "Am I on camera, I am, whoah that's weird!".

Thirdly and this is the cruncher me thinx again!
I want to know about the guy behind it!

The investigator is lit beautifully and the camera looks to be locked off and level. It's height is about central to the frame. The light behind the right hand side of the camera is angled in toward the tree as it's quite well lit as well, look at the under side of tree (to left centre frame- is it a tree...I mean for GAWDSAKE it's the 21st century man).
IMHO one of the crew has started to walk in front of the light but behind camera. The resulting shadow played out on a foggy night (I can see the cars in background), has created the a brilliant way for a young smart director launch his filming career. "He's the kid that caught a ghost on tape!" If it's not behind camera right then it's off camera somewhere.

And I agree, again with the Grey. Who are these experts? It wouldn't hurt their careers to come forward and prove their credentials, they could wax lyrical about all the techniques they've employed, all the great theories they've got, and the technology they've employed and yet they still can't explain it. Why does all the cool technology get switched on after the event?

anyhoo...the search for proof continues for me!

mooks out

This is interesting, the woman in the video is a bit miffed that Dwayne C went public with out her permission to use her image world wide.

A great quote by Director J. Buckhart - “Which is laughable as you really could not clearly identify the facial features of the individual.” Nope but you can see a real live ghost! Director J Buckhart sees dead people, he’s a bit like like our Derek Acorah I’d imagine.

Anyhoo...it seems it’s all kicked off with everyone claiming this and that with the footage. Director J. Buckhart (I love that name) claims it’s real. The Rolling Hills historical society has assumed exclusive rights to the footage and pointed out some the points I mentioned above, most notably the glitches in the footage. Director J. Buckhart shows them here but fails to comment on them??
The controversy rages here

So he’s saying it’s real and those who say it isn’t are the bad ‘uns?

And here The woman in the footage debunks itself even though she’s a noted ghost hunter and believes the building is haunted. It’s turned into a cat fight but they still don’t name the experts who analysed it.

S’all very confusing.

mooks out

It's just a bloke walking about a darkened hall caught on very poor quality footage. No mystery.

gncxx said:
It's just a bloke walking about a darkened hall caught on very poor quality footage. No mystery.

You can;t see nothing but an outline though doing a penguin walk.

If it was a bloke then why didn't the enhancements catch it?

Director J Buckhart's attitude is summed up very neatly in his statement:
But regardless how any of this may turn out, I am sticking to my conclusions.
Unfortunately, that's the kind of inflexible attitude that paranormal 'research' is riddled with.

Gloucestershire Ghost in Shop.

"Televisions crews, psychics and paranormal investigators have been flocking to a store in Gloucester that seems to have video proof of the existence of a ghost..."

Here we go again!

mooks out

Director J. Buckhart seems to have slightly lost his sense of proportion:

The history of civilization is punctuated by numerous examples where advanced thinking had found itself facing threats and accusations of heresy or treason for having expressed views which were deemed contrary against the more accepted rational of the period.

Christopher Columbus had defied the Christian logic of his period that the world was flat.

Galileo had also faced resistance during a time when it was believed that our solar system revolved around the earth instead of it being the other way around.

Nostradamus when writing his quatrains had risked judgment of heresy which was avoided by encrypting his works.

My position regarding the content of the Valentown IR video is in establishing unquestionably it’s validity and integrity as based upon all visually available pertinent facts.

source

And it seems we're not the only ones for whom the Director exudes a strange fascination:

Who are you really Mr. Burkhart? I can only hope it is to help mankind and not be with us as our punishment for having hurt our world. Possibly maybe a little of both. When I look at your picture I can hear drumming in the distance along with the vision of a distant thunderstorm with much flashing of lightning. Then a mighty wind blows as I begin my vision about you. To the north I see a might black wolf with fierce yellow amber eyes. Proud and stoic. The master of it’s domain. In the east I see a large black bird. A crow? Gigantic with wings stretching around almost turning the world into night.

In the west I see also a very large spider sitting in the middle of a large spun web which is connected between two mountains. In the south I see you standing with your arms extended. On your left stand vast numbers of the dead souls of people who once lived. Amongst them are creatures. Some are black like shadows. Some are in other shape and forms. On your right I can see vast numbers of living people. People of all colors. People of all races. Above you I see a solar eclipse where the moon is also visible and full. And just above the eclipse I see all the planets of the solar system all aligned. And encircling the world sky are all the constellations. With each connecting to the other. Forming a great wreath around the world.

source

Has anyone else been experiencing visions of Director J. Buckhart?

I googled his name BuRkhart and it took me here? To the SHADOW SHAMAN. He sees dead people and thinks the truth is out there. (So it's a good bet he's seen The Sixth Sense and watched The X-Files then!)

My name is Director J. Burkhart.
Professional Psychic Medium, Healer and Shamanic Witch
Anomalous Profiler Of The Paranormal and Supernatural
Investigator and Researcher of the unknown
Professional Monster Hunter. If it exists, I will find it.
I see dead people. And they see me.

My proof is evident in the numerous photographs of which I have personally captured on film and of those of my team. Which is comprised of specially select individuals, who like myself, are realists not prone to delusions who have also had their own personal experience with the paranormal.

The Truth Is Out There.

Well he's certainly qualified to state that ghosts do exist...and monsters....

Most of his videos are basically him talking into camera about the subject...demons, ghosts...but there's not that much footage as back up.

He likes music though...
Goth, Rock, Bluegrass, Jazz, Classical, Blues, Rap, Urban, ect (sic)... It's not uncommon to hear me listening to everything from Metallica to Type-O Negative and Static-X.

What's he a Director off? Who is Burkhart on Shaman's site? His little brother? (He's 16 and likes to talk about life!).

And my favourite line from above though has got to be "If it exists, I will find it!"...and if it doesn't...

mooks out

PS If I could get the photo up of him in his transdimensional state trance state I would! His comment after that photo is "Mother always said I was different". :lol:

Burkhart sounds alot like Beckjord, both as a name and... ;)

uh oh, I might've known...is Burkhart also a member of mensa? :lol:

Ah, now this is more like it - original thinking. I'm not quite sure I fully understand this essay, but I think Director J. Buckhart is suggesting that ghosts and other apparitions are created by swarms of psychic 'nanobots' which can combine in large numbers to create a hive consciousness.

That's actually a pretty neat theory. It's just a shame that the director isn't a more fluent communicator. (Plus, I'm always rather wary of people who illustrate their articles with pictures of themselves.)

Nanotechnology to Open a Paranormal Pandora’s Box?

Welllll... one has to wonder why that entity then hangs around in old abandoned buildings, etc, only to look all the world like somone wrapped up in some bits of cloth... And I can't see the term 'Parectonanoscopics' catching on ;)

Jerry_B said:
And I can't see the term 'Parectonanoscopics' catching on ;)

Or Nanogeddon. Or Insectonanoscopics. :rofl:

graylien said:
(Plus, I'm always rather wary of people who illustrate their articles with pictures of themselves.)

And ants...he had a picture of ants...I didn't know that's what they looked like...ants.

mooks out

the small white thing in the early pics looks like a polythene bag (the sort supermarkets put meat/veg in (double exposure). The "orb" looks like a reflection of a light bulb, or lensflare from a bulb. the shadowy figure is unconvincing.

Why do I smell a rat?

to stick my two cents into the debate.

If the figute in the vid is an etheral figure from beyond the grave why does it walk around objects in it's path?

I'll second the fakey fake fake vote

:D

Back