Vampire Slaying / Vampire Killing Kits (Alleged Antiques)

IbisNibs

Exotic animal, sort of . . .
Reaction score
I just saw on 'pawn stars' someone sord a mid victorian vampire protection kit, wanted to share the photo and thought here was as good a place as any, if there is aomewhere better please feel free to move it, btw the caliber of the guns is .50!!! And the bullets are silver
View attachment 33811
wow! I'd rather make my own I think, especially at that price! But it is very nicely done...

It looks like it would make a likely crafts project kit at your local arts and craft supply store. Like those bead-it-yourself jewelry kits that are sold in stores.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I just saw on 'pawn stars' someone sord a mid victorian vampire protection kit, wanted to share the photo and thought here was as good a place as any, if there is aomewhere better please feel free to move it, btw the caliber of the guns is .50!!! And the bullets are silver

Was there a vampire problem in Mid Victorian times?

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Was there a vampire problem in Mid Victorian times?
Vampires were quite a common theme in vicrorian Britain culmulating with Bram Soters 'Dracula' in 1896, the artist whos name is engraved on the boxs' most famous painting was 'the vampire'.There is however a theory that the 'vampire' was a metaphor for the influx of immigrants from eastern europe in the victorian period.

Last edited by a moderator:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Some daft twat posted photos on Facebook of a Victorian Vampire Killer Kit -

Victorian Vampire Killer Kit. Made from an old and well-used home-made violin case. Found at a thrift store

Victorian Vampire Killer Kit..jpg

Victorian Vampire Killer Kit 2.jpg

We've had discussion of these before but I can't find the thread now.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
We've had discussion of these before but I can't find the thread now.
The vampire killing kit discussions have now been consolidated into a single thread.