• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Vampire Wine

A

Anonymous

Found some of this at the supermarket today, so thought I'd give it a try (not opened it yet, will taste it on Friday).

Back label reads:

Ever since the 4th century BC long before tales of Vampires spread throughout the land, the Transylvanian people mastered the art of producing wine. Plato proclaimed the vineyards of Transylvania to be the best in the world. The wines became of such world renown in the first century BC, King Burebista ordered the destruction of the vineyards to deter the incursions of foreign invaders into the land. Fortunately many of the wines escaped destruction, and the memories and knowledge of a wine loving people refused to die...

And there's rather funky marketing-heavy website

http://www.vampire.com/

Apparently, Paul Burrell is partial to a tipple of this stuff. And the Vampyre Vodka looks interesting...

I now have a bottle of Vampire Wine and two bottles of Absinthe (amongst others) - does anyone have a more gothic drinks cabinet than that? :vampire:

I've got a real aversion to red wine after my family tried to convince me this stuff was really made out of bull's blood.

http://www.bullsblood.com/

I think if 'Vampire Wine' had been readily available at our local Co-Op I'm sure they would have tried to mess with my mind with reference to The Lost Boys or summat.

Dark Detective said:
does anyone have a more gothic drinks cabinet than that? :vampire:

Black Vodka would be a worthy addition mate - i was given a bottle for christmas...

http://www.blavod.com

sexy drink. :cool:

edit: you can 'float' it on mixers like tonic by pouring gently over them - two-tone drinkies anyone?

I also discovered the delights of vanilla vodka this Xmas. Must get some soon.
I also like Port bottles, the opaque ones, that always look dusty and venerable.

Dark Detective said:
I also discovered the delights of vanilla vodka this Xmas. Must get some soon.
I also like Port bottles, the opaque ones, that always look dusty and venerable.

I love vanilla but i've yet to try vodka in that flavour. A while back but a pub i was eating in stocked chilli vodka. Couldn't say i enjoyed it but once the testosterones aflowing who knows what will happen...

Vanilla vodka tastes good neat, or you can mix it with ginger ale which makes it taste dangerously like cream soda. Some people detest cream soda though, for some odd reason, so that might not appeal.
Definitely worth a try if you like vanilla though.

Dark Detective said:
Vanilla vodka tastes good neat, or you can mix it with ginger ale which makes it taste dangerously like cream soda. Some people detest cream soda though, for some odd reason, so that might not appeal.
Definitely worth a try if you like vanilla though.

Vanilla, vodka, and gingerale. Sounds dangerous to me. Very tasty, but very dangerous.:blush:

When I was about 19 I got so drunk on Bull's Blood that I fell on the fire and burned meself!

I'm off to Hungary on the student exchange in a fortnight and will visit Eger if possible. Hic.

Another Vampire tipple...
draculabooze.jpg

Would help if it mention the volume of the wines as I don't go near anything under 13.5%

Most of the posters here are pissed on quince - or is that the other way around?

As I recall, Quince was perpetually pissed ...

jack-Klugman-2_2436786b.jpg

Back