• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Vampires

It's the kids with the black eyes that freak me out; they have to be vampires of a sort.
Spade and flamethrower at the ready.

I have studied Vampires for the past four years indepth and have come to not many conclusions the evidence is always tantalising but opens more questions.

My conclusion was at one time, from the evidence of a police officer in America who worked on homicide cases, that vampires more often than not drain their victims (perhaps psychic Vampires)
over long periods or drain them completely and kill .

I also heard this guy say their were no less than about 200-300 I do not have the guys evidence to hand but I worked out that a single vampire (given evidence alone and believing nothing and ASS-U-ME-ing nothing) requires around only 3 pints a week. Of course some may work in groups or just be greedy. Because your question asks nothing specific I can not go too much further so just shoot me any question and I will see if I can answer.

Oh and one last thing proving they exist should not be too hard they easily do they have existed from the beggining of civilization; the blood gods of the sumerian empire the early hindu sects, tibet, ancient eastern folklore, medievel stories rennaisance hysteria, victorian fiction and theatre (Carmilla, Varney the Vampyre, Dracula) on film; Nosferatu, Bela Lugosi as Dracula Hammer Horrors, big budget films with the likes of Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise or Gary Oldman and Winona Ryder or Wesley Snipes and that guy from Bros Luke Goss, Or the antics of Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy and in the future the film Van Helsing.

They exist at the back of mens minds and that is a place where stalking is at its darkest.

vampire helpline

Hi everyone again,

taking everything into account:

Missing people--that is a good point, and becominga vampire could be the fate of some(if they exist) as well as alien abduction etc etc.
Blood had had "sacred" qualities from earliest times--that could give rise to lots of debate, from animal sacrifice in the bible,to Jesus, to pagan sacrifices,druids,human sacrifice, etc etc.....
so drinking blood could be perceived to hold magical,life enhancing qualities. Blood is life.So it is not surprising it got into folklore in such a way as vampires.

Can we summarise and do people agree with the following points?

Is there a case for undead,coffin dwelling, daylight hating,crucifix and garlic hating."infectious" vampires?

I would think the above is unproven.

If so, is there a case for the secondary "living" vampire who is a victim of the above. Can any one supply a case history of such a person.What was the ultimate fate of such a person, and what is the proof.

The third class of vampire is.I believe,called a vampiroid, a "normal" human being who acts in a traditionally,gothic based
way,by perhaps dressing distinctively and drinking blood ?

By for now and thanks for all the input--maybe we have got the thread poster really confused now.

Barbara

I think there are only three sorts of 'vampire', two of which are not material in any way. First there is the traditional folkloric model. Then there is the 'modern' model created by fiction and various other types of media. These are in the 'not material' catagory. Then there is the group of people who consider themselves to be vampires, for whatever reasons. They are not actually vampires in any real sense, but instead like to take on the trappings of the romantic, pop-culture model of the vampire in it's various guises for their own reasons and psychological/psychosexual needs.

the Goth type mock vampires interest me less than people who drink blood to imbue themselves with supernatural powers (although the idea of a 'Psychic Vampire' bears exploration).

drink human blood on a regular basis and it MUST have an effect upon your psyche. And if you accept the fact that the basis for any supernatural powers is a rock solid self belief, drinking blood must reinforce this.

I'm reminded of an esoteric sect of 16th Century Sufis (the spiritual branch of Sunni Islam) in Persia who were heavily into mystic / supernatural powers. Every morning they would eat a pinch of their own shit. To radically set themselves apart from the rest of humanity. Many mystic priest / priestess types practice similar shocking rituals for similar reasons.

drink human blood and, like the movie vampires, you walk alone. Apart. On a mission.

undead men walking

Hi Ethelred,
I think we can forget the blood drinking fraternity for the purposes of this discussion. What I am trying to get an answer to is whether there is any documented research proving the existence of the classic coffin dwelling night stalking fanged vampire who"infects" living people with vampirism. If we can get a straight answer on this then--depending on the answer--we can address the issue of what the "vampire hunters" are actually doing,say they're doing or think they are doing. Until the basic issue of the reality of the undead vampire is established all the other matters relating to this are not really valid.

Just going to bed--noI have't been up all night looking for victims-well I hope not--am on the night staff rota

Barbara

Re: undead men walking

barbara green said:
I think we can forget the blood drinking fraternity for the purposes of this discussion.
'Nuff said!

Time to end this one, Mods? :D

barbara green said:
Hi Ethelred,
I think we can forget the blood drinking fraternity for the purposes of this discussion. What I am trying to get an answer to is whether there is any documented research proving the existence of the classic coffin dwelling night stalking fanged vampire who"infects" living people with vampirism.

No, there is no such research. Which makes sense, seeing as such a creature is pretty much an invention - it's a very big rewrite of the original folklore, tailored to fit the telling of various stories (be it in books, films, etc.) with various embellishments to suit various plotlines.

barbara green said:
Hi Ethelred,
I think we can forget the blood drinking fraternity for the purposes of this discussion.
Barbara

what, this discussion on the likelyhood of the existence of the blood drinking undead? Whats left then? How much they pay for their tights? :D

barbara green said:
If we can get a straight answer on this then--depending on the answer--we can address the issue of what the "vampire hunters" are actually doing,say they're doing or think they are doing.
Gosh! Who can this be referring to?

If it's who I think, then this was covered to exhaustion last year and the person inferred has no recourse to reply at the moment.

This really has nothing to do with vamps, real or imaginary.

try and keep up lads...

we've moved on to the price of Vampire tights.

Asda do a particularly nice black seamless 90 denier at £4.95

but dont be beguiled by the Tesco 'Winter Warmer' tights. They ladder like buggary

if it wasn't you, ethelred, i'd be intrigued as to why you know this, but it's you, so i'm not :D

I am not really into vampires but have crossed the path of a vampire hunter in the past , but as I don't want to be specific( because it will cause problems) I hAVE to go a bit all round the houses.

If we can get a straight answer on this then--depending on the answer--we can address the issue of what the "vampire hunters" are actually doing,say they're doing or think they are doing.

You ae not really into vampires as you said yourself so why get so involved in a thread about them, unless you really want to discuss vampire hunters?

If you want to discuss vampies the discuss them as it is it now looks like you have another agenda to "get" at a certain person.

There is no more "hard" evidence for their existance than there is for faeries, bigfoot, nessie, werewolves, flying saucers or ghosts and indeed less than some of those. Ever read "I am legend" by Richard Matheson? It's about the "vampire" virus that has always existed by has now mutated to become airborne and spread fast rather than spreading very slowly and rarely.

I think she meant the Mortal blood drinkers that do it for kicks, magic power etc and rather on more of the supernatural kind.

Erm... I'd check who did start the thread if I were you. BG has 'hijacked' it, that's all.

well, i did say before that the geezer who did start it has gone quiet...

Hmmm... This 'Barbara Green' she seems to be a little too interested in Vampires and Vampire Hunters. Might a certain person be on her trail?

right. I admit I'm not the sharpest tool in the box and have all the subtlty of an ashtray over the back of the head at chucking out time, but is there something I'm missing here?

tell me theres no such thing as a Vampire Hunting Trolls?

if you want to start a thread about the existence of Vampire Hunters, on you go.

Vampire Hunters are relevent to this thread, but so is dentistry.

Hollow teeth vs the ability to suck a golfball through 3 ft of garden hose?

I mean, every time I bite into a jugular I get squirted in the eye and ruin a shirt. Am I doing something wrong?

and we can return to the fascinating subject of Vampire Underwear any old time. I mean does it really exist?

ethelred said:
we can return to the fascinating subject of Vampire Underwear any old time. I mean does it really exist?

Of course it does. The undead, however, never use "Cross"-stitching.

are you having it??

oh alright, ich erhalte meinen mantel:rolleyes:

eljubbo said:
Of course it does. The undead, however, never use "Cross"-stitching.

fnarr

"Is that garlic in your posing pouch? Or are you just pleassssssed to ssssee me?"

if we prove the existence of Vampire underwear, ipso facto, we prove the existence of Vampires.

lets be about it tirelessly...

conclusions

Ta ceant Colloquua Effulgit Risus.Hic locu est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.

Let idle talk be silenced;let laughter be banished.Here is a place where Death delights to succour Life.

I think this has been a useful discussion and it has cleared my own thoughts on the subject a little, even if there still are no answers other than that Vampire type One (coffin dwelling)--as I shall call it-- seems to be regarded by most of the people on this board as a product of European folklore transformed into something more dramatic by filmakers and writers. That it does not, in fact, exist, as a walking undead entity posing a threat to mankind.

I would suggest that future discussions about vampires might bear the distinctions of what is called a "vampire" in mind.

If anyone strongly disagrees with this or has evidence to the contrary please let me know but I think I detect a hint from the powers that be that we have said enough about the matter. But it is important to examine vampire stories and claims closely and to determine scientifically and meticulously what we are talking about and to do careful research based investigations of any claims made about vampires.

Barbara

Re: conclusions

barbara green said:
That it does not, in fact, exist, as a walking undead entity posing a threat to mankind.
Barbara

jump to no hasty conclusions.

some of us have stumbled upon a great truth...

find Vampire underwear and like as not you shall find a Vampire with it. I have had my associates in Romania on the case. They have been diligent and turned up the following from the local press...

SIGHISOARA, Romania. Above this medieval Transylvanian town, in a space where the fog licks the thick gnarled oaks, a fanged spectre, he of the extraordinary pallor and black cape, will again stalk the landscape, revelling in the bloodcurdling cries of - tourists.

Wilhelm Fabini, a sculptor whose family has been here since the 17th century, blanches at the words "Dracula Park."

"Why would you take this beautiful place and impose a piece of kitsch on it?" he asked. "The city will lose its beauty. A monstrosity will look down on a unique place. And 1 million tourists, if they ever come, will be more than Sighisoara could handle."
Following the overthrow of communism in 1989, Dracula liqueur, Dracula motels, "I Love Dracula" stickers and even Dracula underwear - black with drops of red, of course - arrived. But Matei-Agathon's park is the most ambitious effort yet to exploit fascination with the coffined one.

Vampires...

ANyone know of any good, factual books or websites dedicated to the topic. Taken an interest to the topic recently.

http://www.forteantimesmag.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?threadid=7486&highlight=Real+Vampires this one was interesting, as a was the post about the highgate vampire. I'm trying to find a book though, and to make sure I don't waste my money on some hokiness I was wondering if any of you had suggestions to something factual since my books on Magic and Superstitions books for some reason contain almost nothing about vampires :( thanks for the link, some of those threads didn't come up when I did my old search :-/

Back