• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Very Odd Words/Symbols

TonyLaMesmer

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I was perusing the weirder side of YouTube earlier and came across this:

Anybody got any idea what those words and symbols could mean?

How very odd!!

You've done well to find that, a day after it was uploaded to a new yoochube account and with no distinctive keywords in the title.

I have no idea what it means.

:lol:

OneWingedBird said:
You've done well to find that, a day after it was uploaded to a new yoochube account and with no distinctive keywords in the title.

I have no idea what it means.

:lol:

Ooh, cynicism! :D

I was looking for "found objects" due to my current fetish with such things and came across it. Not a particularly difficult find, but one which cements me as something of a sad YouTube trawler while my wife is away with work..

I collected all the bubble gum wrappers and am a lifelong member of the Bazooka Joe Fan Club. Membership doesn't just give you a siren ring but also a code to a higher state of enlightenment depicted by the very symbols seen here.
Unfortunately, the message reads either 'Your cat is in the fridge' or, if we use the more cryptic anglicised Slocombe version, 'My pussy hasn't been out for weeks'.

Hope this clarifies things.

jimv1 said:
I collected all the bubble gum wrappers and am a lifelong member of the Bazooka Joe Fan Club.

You too, huh? You must be the other one I heard about. :)

jimv1 said:
I collected all the bubble gum wrappers and am a lifelong member of the Bazooka Joe Fan Club. Membership doesn't just give you a siren ring but also a code to a higher state of enlightenment depicted by the very symbols seen here.
Unfortunately, the message reads either 'Your cat is in the fridge' or, if we use the more cryptic anglicised Slocombe version, 'My pussy hasn't been out for weeks'.

Reminds me of my The Man From UNCLE decoder. Mr Waverly would publish encrypted messages in The Victor (I think).

jimv1 said:

That message was meant for me! SO that's where I left the cat!

Sorry I've not yet completed the necessary lore or rituals to command "the Slocombe version".

Ah, Bazooka Joe fans, know that I grew up in walking distance of Yoe, PA, Bazooka Joe's headquarters.

It's a shitten little place, actually absorbed by Dallastown, in all but name.

I can only think of a few more wretched places.

krakenten said:
Ah, Bazooka Joe fans, know that I grew up in walking distance of Yoe, PA, Bazooka Joe's headquarters.

It's a shitten little place, actually absorbed by Dallastown, in all but name.

I can only think of a few more wretched places.

That's exactly what you're meant to think. Their secret underground gum testing facility has to be seen to be believed.

My wife has a Superdrug loyalty card and gets regular promotional emails from them.

Here is today's:

punx.JPG

She asked me what punxharden meant.
I have absolutely no idea (and neither does Google).

She asked me what punxharden meant.
I have absolutely no idea (and neither does Google).
The 'c' and 'x' are side-by-side on a QWERTY keyboard. It could be 'Puncharden' misspelled.

Bizarre.
I guess something got scrambled in Superdrug's automated mailing program, as previous emails addressed my wife by her first name, which doesn't resemble that at all.

My first impression on scanning the writing in the original video is that of phonetically spelled, or badly spelled - or deliberately jumbled - names.

Nicolor sounds a bit like 'Nicola'. Ramesir is a slightly jumbled 'Ramires'. I think Lor is a Chinese surname. Noronos - 'Noroño'? Volomar - 'Vollmer'? Juhos is a Hungarian name.

That's not after a particularly exhaustive look. And if you start reducing the points of similarity just a little, and splitting the longer ones up - I think there are more. (If there isn't at least one person in Scandinavia called Lis Kammer, I'll eat my hat).

Last edited:
The names may be transliterated Armenian and Turkish (I'm detecting an eastern European/northern Asian style).

I also have hunch that the first word of each triform may be an idiomatic trade or profession title.
Screenshot_20230215_191238_Chrome.jpg

The symbols could be interpreted from left-to-right as meaning 1,2,3,4,0....

I am also reminded of choreographic stage dancer direction symbols, but the 360/045/090/135/000 degree 'slash-slants' have no consistent nose or tail.

The symbols could be interpreted from left-to-right as meaning 1,2,3,4,0....

I am also reminded of choreographic stage dancer direction symbols, but the 360/045/090/135/000 degree 'slash-slants' have no consistent nose or tail.

You know, the first thing I thought when I saw the row of symbols at the bottom was that they were settings for the control knobs on an amplifier!

Neither TinEye or Google Image Search produces a result, though Google seems to think it’s Indonesian, judging from the range of “possibles” it suggests.

My theory, based on all the info available? A prank designed to lure people in and waste time.

maximus otter

Back