• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Video Footage Of Eastern European 'Hill Dragon': Lost It

Ermintruder

The greatest risk is to risk nothing at all...
On YouTube over the festive period, I briefly saw part of a multi--source collection of intriguing reputedly-viral videos (yes, the sort which is absolutely omnipresent on Youtube).

I can't remember if it was named something like 'The Amazingist Videos of 2019' but approximately along those lines IIRC.

Amongst all the decontexted fishing-line-pulled kitchen-sink-CGI eye-candy was a truly-weird segment claiming to have accidently captured a massive dagonlike creature leaping between two hillsides.

Unusually (for me) I appear to have lost all references to this (my excuse is brief-but-severe alcoholic intoxication and the fact that I saw this passively as spectator on someone else's app-enabled smart tv).

Somebody here must've seen it. Rather than a punter just having filmed a man in an ape suit throwing a hubcap in slomo, this was really *Really* strange (yes, nothing is ever real, now, but, can we please suspend corporate cynicism long enough to trace and dissect the strange video I'm talking about)

EDIT it included a reprise of that weird little Russian Capucian half-shaved captive monkey:alien:baby

Last edited:
On YouTube over the festive period, I briefly saw part of a multi--source collection of intriguing reputedly-viral videos (yes, the sort which is absolutely omnipresent on Youtube).

I can't remember if it was named something like 'The Amazingist Videos of 2019' but approximately along those lines IIRC.

Amongst all the decontexted fishing-line-pulled kitchen-sink-CGI eye-candy was a truly-weird segment claiming to have accidently captured a massive dagonlike creature leaping between two hillsides.

Unusually (for me) I appear to have lost all references to this (my excuse is brief-but-severe alcoholic intoxication and the fact that I saw this passively as spectator on someone else's app-enabled smart tv).

Somebody here must've seen it. Rather than a punter just having filmed a man in an ape suit throwing a hubcap in slomo, this was really *Really* strange (yes, nothing is ever real, now, but, can we please suspend corporate cynicism long enough to trace and dissect the strange video I'm talking about)

EDIT it included a reprise of that weird little Russian Capucian half-shaved captive monkey:alien:baby

Silly question, but have you checked your YouTube history? It saves a link to every video you watch, even if you only watch it for a couple of seconds unless you deliberately delete it. Press the History button on the left and it's self explanatory from there.

However, I clear my You Tube watch history and You Tube search history regularly as it helps to reset the "recommended for you" algorithm so you don't end up getting more and more of the same.

. . . Amongst all the decontexted fishing-line-pulled kitchen-sink-CGI eye-candy was a truly-weird segment claiming to have accidently captured a massive dagonlike creature leaping between two hillsides. . . .

Dragon:

Dragon_Harley_MS_3244. resizejpg.jpg

Dagon:

Dagon1.jpg

Of course, either would be interesting!

Silly question, but have you checked your YouTube history?

Unfortunately it looks like the Ermintruder was not using his own account at the time:

[…] and the fact that I saw this passively as spectator on someone else's app-enabled smart tv).

I had a look at some videos on YouTube with similar names but no dragons unfortunately.

the Ermintruder was not using his own account at the time
Exactly so. And therefore if it IS in my history, I am faced with either a Fortean mystery or the unpromising start of a Dan Brown novel.

And the fact that I was (rarely / briefly / festively / socionormatively) drunk when I saw this is not a limiting factor in the accuracy of my recollection. Whilst drink affects different people in varying ways/extents, alcohol doesn't reduce my ability to reliably see & remember. It /never/ modifies my What.

But it does blur the When and the Where (it also makes me talk even more than when I'm sober).

If I could remember 'where', perhaps I could look at the Youtube history on their smart tv....a scenario develops in my mind <standing on the doorstep of a stranger's house at 6am shouting through the letterbox: "hello?! I possibly saw a dragon on your tv at new year! Can I come in and check your history, please?">

Apart from being a flying mythological reptile? ;)

I jest, it is a good question. Also being socionormatively festively sloshed*, how are you on the likely title of the video, was it definitely a compilation of clips and was it definitely 2019? I have found that YouTube likes to autoplay similar videos that may not be from the same year.

* Reminds me that I have not been drunk for more than a decade now. I am beginning to forget what it is like.

Edit: I see the greatest of otters has beaten me to the obvious reaction while I was composing my post!

Can you describe the dragon?
Distant and apparently-large. Dark and shadowy.

Any unusual characteristics?
Unserpentlike. Bulky. It (whatever it was in the video) was appearing to leap, not really fly, from one hill-side to another.

was it definitely a compilation of clips and was it definitely 2019?
I am still trying to relocate it, independantly, since I can't remember whose house I saw the video at. I am pretty sure 2019 was in the title, and it was a compilation. Shall continue searching

Back