• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Von Daniken's Mystery Park (in Switzerland)

JudgeNutmeg

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hi all,just been on a freebie to the mystery park in Interlaken,Switzerland so here's a quick opinion.
The park basically features six themed zones,egypt,mayans,nazca stonehenge etc,each being a cinema with a 12 minute film showing details of each subject.the film quality and sound is good and on large screen(not quite imax but ok).
The problem is the info is very basic and even the most junior fortean would probably know more about each subject anyway so i found it quite dull although the presentation is good.
Accompanying each main show is a side show exhibition,some of these are not quite so good,with the table top mock up of tihuanacho(spl)looking like something from Michael Bentine's Potty Time! and another one consisting of polystyrene/plastic replicas of certain stones(reminded me of spinal tap)
I didn't have time to view every film but as i said if you already know bits about the subject there is nothing new at all.it may appeal to the tourists on a rainy day or it could become the biggest themed backpackers hostel in the alps.Just my opinions,some people i sopke to enjoyed it but they had never read any of the subject matter at all.
sorry can't give more detail but time is short,see ya

I can't believe old Erich is still churning it out! I suppose it would take more than a C4 expose to ruffle his feathers, and anyway, all he has to do is sit back and watch the bank balance grow!

Mystery Park is now open, and the site is linked above. Going to have a look and see the wonders that are Von Daniken....

cool! its got a webcam!! and there's a section for images of the park from the air. And there's Eric! presiding over a model of the park, bless!!

Now I know I may be sticking my neck out here but I like Danniken. His was the first ever book I read about UFO's and I was saucer-eyed, I tell you. Every book I've read since pulls him down but the fact is that he made it VERY popular in his day, and he IS very readable and its so much fun looking stuff up to see which bits are real and which bits are dodgy. He's a veritable GOD, I tell you!! I look forward to visiting his shrine when I can scrape the pennies together.

Did you know that Switzerland is so rich because they import cheap labour from over the border and when the work runs out they chuck them back out again? No benefits to worry about.
That and the Jewish Gold. Touchy. Mindless trivia. Someone put me down!

Back