Wacko Jacko

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Apparently the offending Jackson child torture photograph is an artwork created after he died. So it looks like the story was bullshit.

skinny

Antediluvian
Michael Jackson will live near haunted caves during London concerts
Michael Jackson will live close to haunted caves when he rents a country house for the duration of his concerts in London this summer.

By Alastair Jamieson
Last Updated: 9:56AM GMT 28 Mar 2009

The eccentric singer is reported to have paid £1 million to rent a large country house near the edge of an ancient 22-mile maze of haunted passageways.

The undisclosed home is thought to be close to the Chislehurst Caves in Bromley, in the south-east suburbs of London.

Ghost sightings have been reported at the caves, which were dug in chalk by the Saxons, Druids and Romans.

A property source told The Sun: "His team signed up this week to stay there. We're not sure if he knows about the caves but they're all around."

The 50-year-old star sent aides to find the perfect country retreat before his first gig in London on July 8.

The three-storey pile – built in the 1800s – has quarters for 20 staff as well as an underground cinema, music room, indoor swimming pool, lake and private wood.

Closed circuit television cameras and state-of-the-art alarm systems will prevent fans getting anywhere near the star during his series of 50 concerts.

It was revealed earlier that Jackson has stumped organisers of his concerts by asking to ride an elephant onto the stage as part of a jungle theme. :shock:

He was reported to have asked for a panther, snakes, tropical birds and three monkeys for a set that will have a jungle, circus and weather theme during the shows.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... certs.html
That is one of the greatest Fortean posts.

For the record, if I had been himself, I'd have chosen exactly that poz for my post-gig muselage.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Paris Jackson is offended that a white actor will play him in an upcoming film.

She doesn't say what she would prefer though. A black actor in "whiteface"?:eek:
That's exactly what happened in the farcical TV movie Man in the Mirror: The Michael Jackson Story. They should have brought back Flex Alexander, he probably needs the work. Can't think why Paris would be so concerned about a white person pretending to be black, not at all.

Anyway, Sky have their publicity, so it's all worked out well for them.

sherbetbizarre

Special Branch
Anyway, Sky have their publicity, so it's all worked out well for them.
Or maybe not...
Sky has pulled an episode of its forthcoming Urban Myths series that featured a parody of Michael Jackson after his daughter Paris deemed the footage "incredibly offensive".

The broadcaster released a statement on Friday saying that it would no longer air the Sky Arts episode "in light of the concerns expressed by Michael Jackson's immediate family".
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/...ncredibly-offensivemichael-jackson-programme/

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Yeah, but they're still running the rest of the series which now has international publicity for it and its company.

graylien

Justified & Ancient
Hopefully they don't pull the episode about Samuel Beckett and Andre the Giant.

This furore reminds me of the time I saw Uri Gellar live. During which Uri announced "I was in New York on 9/11. I was making a video with Michael Jackson and N*SYNC".

Uri then went on to explain that he'd told N*SYNC to use the asterisk in their name.

It was all a bit odd. He also told us that he didn't need our money.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
That last bit might be true, he has enough of our money. Coincidence: Uri had a terrible TV movie made about him too!

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
It's almost as if Paris Hilton is just an untalented attention and publicity seeker or something ? .. I just don't get it? ;)

edit: Oh, sorry, I misread that as Paris Hilton ... Paris Jackson his daughter has a right to an opinion though ..

Last edited:

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Yeah, Paris has the right to complain, he was her space dad after all, but the fact remains this was obviously a parody and it's not as if it was supposed to be a heavyweight drama. Lenny Henry played a white man in True Identity, and nobody accused him of racism, it was a comedy. Arthur Lowe plays a black African King in O Lucky Man!, and it's part of the satire. There are undoubtedly issues in how races are depicted, but you have to choose your battles, and this just didn't seem worth it for a humour show that only a few hundred thousand people were going to watch out of curiosity.

The cynics are saying the Jacksons are complaining because they didn't get any money out of this, which is possibly more offensive to accuse them of. But we'll see if they complain about this new Lifetime TV movie about Whackson, which stars a professional impersonator, who isn't even a trained actor like Joseph Fiennes (judging by the publicity photo, they could have said he was playing Noel Fielding and gotten away with it).

escargot

Beloved of Ra
We're halfway through the second half of Leaving Neverland. Gordon Bennett.

Victory

Devoted Cultist
Having just seen both parts of "Leaving Neverland", here are some thoughts/notes.

1.) In terms of body language or verbal language I cannot decide whether the two accusers are lying or being honest about being abused.
This is because they are describing events that happened around 25-30 years ago, when they were young.
If they are lying, then experts in body and verbal language could have been brought in to coach them.
They also have been through therapy, so it is not as if they have never spoken about this.

2.) Looking in hindsight at Michael Jackson, from my point of view as a UK national, having seen a number of high profile British famous people convicted of paedophillia, it is possible that he "hid in plain sight", as did Jimmy Savile [non-UK readers can conduct an internet search to read about that notorious paedophile, who was very famous in the UK].
The sheer weirdness of Jackson having child companions and "favourites" who dressed like him and travelled with him and slept at his ranch is horribly creepy, at best.

3.) The absolute faith in Jackson's innocence by devoted fans is akin to idol worship.

4.) It is of note that some voices in the African-American community have defended Jackson, claiming the charges against him are racially motivated to discredit successful Black Americans...led in particular by Louis Farrakhan and the rapper T.I.
This would be in the wake of various Black American leaders being assassinated from the 60's onwards.

escargot

Beloved of Ra
In the programme one of the police/prosecution team said what I've thought and said all along, that a man who wants children to sleep in his bed with him is up to no good. There's no respectable reason for him to do that. I believe the accusers.

I also wonder about Macaulay Culkin and the other boy who were both befriended by Jackson but deny any abuse by him.

Well, I don't wonder whether he abused them, I actually wonder how bad it must have been for them to still need to say it didn't happen.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Mythopoeika said:
I think the primary complaint about the choice of Joseph Fiennes is that he's totally miscast. He doesn't look at all like Michael Jackson. You might argue, who does?
l would have thought, considering all the bits he had surgically removed from himself in life, that there would be enough MJ lying around in fridges and spares bins to assemble a second, functioning iteration.

maximus otter

Last edited:

GNC

King-Sized Canary
In the programme one of the police/prosecution team said what I've thought and said all along, that a man who wants children to sleep in his bed with him is up to no good. There's no respectable reason for him to do that. I believe the accusers.

I also wonder about Macaulay Culkin and the other boy who were both befriended by Jackson but deny any abuse by him.

Well, I don't wonder whether he abused them, I actually wonder how bad it must have been for them to still need to say it didn't happen.
This is it (so to speak), a grown man does not climb into bed with kids he's not related to, and even then you wouldn't do it normally. Did he want affection? Cuddles? Was he emotionally backward? No matter the excuses, it's the behaviour of an absolute creep.

I don't doubt Macaulay Culkin and Corey Feldman are telling the truth when they say they were not abused - Jackson couldn't have got away with molesting famous kids, it was the poorer ones whose parents were dazzled by his stardom he manipulated.

Not to mention, imagine being a child and waking up to that cosmetic surgery disaster in the morning! You'd never sleep again.

pandacracker

Ephemeral Spectre
The way Jackson used his status and manipulated the boys and their families feelings was horrible. Both boys, as adults, admit their real love for him. What a headfuck!

Jackson got what he wanted and flaunted it. The publicity shots of him and the boys made me queesy.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
I've just found another recent documentary accusing Jackson, this time by a former maid ..

brownmane

Ephemeral Spectre
I too just finished watching Leaving Neverland. Regardless of what different people believe about MJ, the two men are very broken people. Just watching it as a child sexual abuse documentary, I do believe that it is horrible psychological trauma for someone to live with. Very sad documentary.

AnonyJoolz

Captainess Sensible
Yeah. It's not like she's a white person pretending to be black, not at all. ;)
On a tangent away from the main topic, it might be helpful if we could drop the black OR white thing as related to appearance. As in all things Fortean there are degrees of shading here. We are all a mix of 'and', genetically speaking.

If we refer to someone of mixed race as 'black' then we are denying their 'white' heritage, and it has echoes of the old 'one-drop' rules of pre-civil war America (ie., one drop of African slave blood makes one 'black'). Barack Obama was as much a 'white president' as he was a 'black president', for example.

If Michael Jackson's heritage included at least one 'white' relative in the past few generations, then some European genes will have been passed on through him and it is entirely possible that one of his children with a 'white' woman could indeed look 'white'. He may indeed be her genetic father.

Indeed I knew a lady who was mixed race, fairly dark, and had two children with her white husband. One child has classic European features but had coffee-coloured skin and dark hair and eyes whilst her daughter had classic African features and curly hair but was blonde and blue. Human genetics are almost infitely variable and many combinations can result.

escargot

Beloved of Ra
I don't doubt Macaulay Culkin and Corey Feldman are telling the truth when they say they were not abused - Jackson couldn't have got away with molesting famous kids, it was the poorer ones whose parents were dazzled by his stardom he manipulated.
Why would Jackson be interested in Culkin and Feldman if he wasn't abusing them? He could do whatever he wanted around children, especially if their parents were pushing their careers. That's what was described as happening in Leaving Neverland.
All the 'childlike' behaviour - riding on roundabouts, watching kids' movies, having sleepovers with children - turned out to be ways to groom potential victims.

One can perhaps see why men who've been so thoroughly used and compromised as children, and who then go on to a career in the public eye, might not want to talk about it.